The simFlight Network Forums

Where to find the MFS2020 SDK & SimConnect.dll?

RoyvGenderen

Well I might found it then... It is located in \WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe The only problem with that is it is locked.... I already tried to change the security settings but it is totally locked. I can`t change nothing in there. and the file it self is also locked so I can`t copy it also I can`t send the fsuipc.exe overthere because I also don`t have the permission for it

Oke I found the SDK... You need to turn on the developer mode in FS2020 then there is an menu with help click on it and then SDK install with that you can install the SDK...

Now there is another problem... FSUIPC7 is working fine.. but! when it is turned on my fps dropped from 70 to 35fps!

1 hour ago, RoyvGenderen said:

Oke I found the SDK... You need to turn on the developer mode in FS2020 then there is an menu with help click on it and then SDK install with that you can install the SDK...

Now there is another problem... FSUIPC7 is working fine.. but! when it is turned on my fps dropped from 70 to 35fps!

Two things: 

1. How do you turn on developers mode?

2. On the Vatsim forum on the release announcement for vPilot it mentions that something broke between the beta and the release version regarding SimConnect. Users of vPilot are reporting a massive hit in frames when activated. vPilot uses SimConnect. Vatsim has reported it to Adobo and MS. We can only wait now for an update. Nothing to do with FSUIPC

2 hours ago, RoyvGenderen said:

Seems like you can access dev mode only if you have been tagged by MS as a 3rd party developer (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-enable-developer-mode/25933/34).

So @John Dowson, not sure we can help beta test this if we can't access simconnect...

EDIT: I used the dll file from SDK and it works fine.

I got a simconnect.dll from the latest VPILOT package (v2.6.1).

But that file doesn't work properly.

The error message:  The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

Edited by eFalcon
I used the dll file from SDK and it works fine.

I have for sure not been tagged as a developer and I had access to the developer mode. Everyone should have, in the release version. You access developer mode in the main options menu, where the rest of the configuration options are located.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Garic said:

I have for sure not been tagged as a developer and I had access to the developer mode. Everyone should have, in the release version. You access developer mode in the main options menu, where the rest of the configuration options are located.

(Oh, I found the developer menu at the top of the sim windows).

Edited by eFalcon
I found it later.

• John Dowson changed the title to Where to find the MFS2020 SDK & SimConnect.dll?
25 minutes ago, ManueljbSantos said:

followed the link above but still cant seem to get FSUIP to work, cant find the simconnect...any ideas

Did you also follow the FSUIPC7 installation instructions, i.e. copy the SimConnect.dll (from the SDK you installed following that link) to the FSUIPC7 installation folder?

Hi Pete/John,

I've read and understood the instructions you provided but they seem to be missing the most important thing, the location within the MSFS SDK folder of simconnect.dll.
I have installed MSFS SDK and scanned the SDK complete folders, the MSFS2020 folders and even my appdata folders and not found it in any of these folders.

simconnect.dll doesn't come with MSFS SDK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ignore eveverything above, I just found it and can't delete this post.

It is located in 

..\MSFS SDK\SimConnect SDK\lib

Edited by GrumpyOldMan

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Did you also follow the FSUIPC7 installation instructions, i.e. copy the SimConnect.dll (from the SDK you installed following that link) to the FSUIPC7 installation folder?

My MSF2020 is steam and in the Steam folder there is a SimConnect.dll, this also serves or has to be the SDK folder?

https://prnt.sc/u2835c

1 minute ago, Garcez said:

My MSF2020 is steam and in the Steam folder there is a SimConnect.dll, this also serves or has to be the SDK folder?

No. Please follow the SDK installation instructions, and then the FSUIPC7 installation instructions.

I'll be posting a new version later today that doesn't require the SimConnect.dll. If you have issues, please wait for this update. I am no longer going to respond to SimConnect.dll issues. All the information you need is already available.

John

9 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

No. Please follow the SDK installation instructions, and then the FSUIPC7 installation instructions.

I'll be posting a new version later today that doesn't require the SimConnect.dll. If you have issues, please wait for this update. I am no longer going to respond to SimConnect.dll issues. All the information you need is already available.

John

Sorry for the question.