The simFlight Network Forums

G1000

llllSANTOSllll

4 hours ago, llllSANTOSllll said:

is it me or 80% off all the buttons (g1000) on MFS doesn't have a offset?

Two points here:

1. "offsets" are data repositories. "Buttons" don't have "offsets". An offset is the address of a piece of data, like airspeed, position, etc. "Buttons" cause actions (if assigned and implemented) via controls or events.

2. Many of the events MS have listed in their SDK and which we have faithfully listed for you to assign (in hope) appear not yet to do anything.  The idea of releasing FSUIPC7 as a Beta was to collect information on all this for feedback to MS/Asobo.

Regarding the G1000, questions have already been asked about these and apparently they are not yet hooked up to the events. So, like many of the switches, dials and buttons on the cockpits, you'll have to resort to using the mouse for the time being.

Think of MSFS as being in Beta development still, which it is really. Then you'll always be looking forward to the next update, as are we!

Pete

Hi, i tried it yesterday- FSUIPC 7, SIOC, Opencocpits MCP, Multi Radio, Caravan (G1000).
All buttons i tried, worked fine, even the Radio on all variants Com1 , 2, Nav1, 2 ADF, all...
You know, the Multi without SIOC.
In the SIOC ini i have in use  a version of the sioc fsx config.

What not, are C152, DR400 ... (without G1000)

Greatings Joe

(Thank you Pete for your work)

Hi,

Did Asobo provided any information about how urgent it is on their TODO list to hook up these events? Is there any chance of us getting it with e next MSFS update, or is it more likely that it will take months for them to implement?

Not sure how did @JoeAir got it all working but for me none of the G1000 specific inputs doesn't work.

What doesn't work:
Softkeys 1 to 12
Zoomin, Zoomout buttons
Direactto, Menu, Flightplan, Procedure, Clear, Enter buttons
Group Knob Inc/Dec, Page Knob Inc/Dec, Cursor button

COM/NAV and autopilot buttons are working correctly apart from Vertical Speed Mode and VNV mode. For Vertical Speed Mode in The "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls" pdf I found:
AP PANEL ON 66115
AP PANEL OFF 66116
AP PANEL SET 66117
but they are not listed in FSUIPC 7 and when assigned when custom control they don't work and FSUIPC console log displays:

Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 4620, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=66115 (????), data=0

For VNV mode I did not found any associated control/offset. 

3 hours ago, szeliga90 said:

Did Asobo provided any information about how urgent it is on their TODO list to hook up these events?

No idea. Why don't you ask them? They just said that they would report back once updated (as far as I can remember).

s there any chance of us getting it with e next MSFS update, or is it more likely that it will take months for them to implement?

Again, no idea. Such questions need to be addressed to Microsoft/Asobo. They have public forums for these type of queries now MSFS is released.

COM/NAV and autopilot buttons are working correctly apart from Vertical Speed Mode and VNV mode. For Vertical Speed Mode in The "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls" pdf I found:
AP PANEL ON 66115
AP PANEL OFF 66116
AP PANEL SET 66117
but they are not listed in FSUIPC 7 and when assigned when custom control they don't work and FSUIPC console log displays:

Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 4620, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=66115 (????), data=0

For VNV mode I did not found any associated control/offset. 

Please see

21 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

No idea. Why don't you ask them? They just said that they would report back once updated (as far as I can remember).

I though I'll ask here as considering amazing work you doing for the community (Thank you for that btw) I hoped you have some special contact with Asobo, but fair enough, I'll try to find some official forum or something and ask them there. More people asking about that hopefully will put at least some minimal pressure on them to add it. 

1 hour ago, szeliga90 said:

I hoped you have some special contact with Asobo

Unfortunately not. I have reported many things, in the beta/third-party developers forums as well as via zendesk tickets, but am not getting much response to anything at the moment. I believe Asobo are aware of many issues with SimConnect and have various updates planned, so hopefully many of these will be addressed in these updates, but any concrete information is sorely lacking. The current SDK is still at version 0.5.1.

1 hour ago, szeliga90 said:

More people asking about that hopefully will put at least some minimal pressure on them to add it. 

Yes, that is/was are hope, but not sure if that's the case. Unfortunately I think they are currently more interested in xbox or "game" users rather than simmers, and the development of the SDK is a much lower priority.

• 1 month later...