The simFlight Network Forums

TCAS aural warning in Prosim 737

bertranda

Hello,

I use Prosim 737 (even if no 737 available yet on FS 2020), I'm experimenting things to see if everything goes well. It works quite well, but I find an issue with TCAS.

it looks like our own aircraft is considered as a traffic, on ND, there is always a red square and aural warning from TCAS is constantly call out. If I'm not wrong, prosim take the information from FSUIPC traffic table (I don't know much details).

thanks for your support.

Best Regards.

• John Dowson changed the title to TCAS aural warning in Prosim 737
6 hours ago, bertranda said:

it looks like our own aircraft is considered as a traffic, on ND, there is always a red square and aural warning from TCAS is constantly call out. If I'm not wrong, prosim take the information from FSUIPC traffic table (I don't know much details).

I don't think ProSim does get AI data from FSUIPC, but I'm not sure. Have you asked them? You know you can check yourself, using the TrafficLook utility we provide? see:

Anyway, I'll check here using TrafficLook to see if we do manage to distinguish the User aircraft among the traffic reports received. It should prvide a "TRUE" result to an "Is User Sim" value.
[LATER]
Yes: it looks like SimConnect data for aircraft does not provide proper indications.   It looks like neither the "Is user sim" nor the "on ground" indications are being provided. I hadn't noticed the user aircraft being listed as AI before because although i was on the ground it was shown as airborne. seems all aircraft are.

This will need fixing in MSFS. It will be reported. Thanks.

BTW it wouldn't make any difference whether ProSim got the data from FSUIPC or directly from Simonnect.

Pete

5 minutes ago, bertranda said:

I didn't met any after updating. FS 2020 doesn't look very populated.

Are you using the real-world traffic option, or the AI traffic? Try the latter with 100% on the sliders. You get a lot initially on the ground at airports, but i guess it takes a little while for the airborne stuff to make itself known.

Pete

2 hours ago, bertranda said:

also after a while of traffic, the just landed planes (on ground) remain displayed on TCAS.

Well, as already stated, the "on ground flag" appears not to be provided at present. However, TCAS only normally shows traffic in potential conflict with out own aircraft, or possibly in danger of becoming so. Are you quite near the ground when you see this, or do you have the vertical range set rather high?

Maybe, as a work-around we can 'invent' the on ground indicator by checking the AGL value, if that's provided, but otherwise it would need some determination of ground elevation where the traffic is, which might be quite difficult. I feel that there will be so many "workarounds" to deal with omissions in the MSFS SimConnect provisions that it will be more effective to apply more pressure on MS/Asobo to get it right instead.

Pete

Hello,

yes I'm quite close to ground (for exemple on approchto the airport) so, if no "onground flag" it is normal to see them since they are in range and potential conflict (appear on white lozange).

the important is that my own aircraft is not detect as conflict anymore, for the rest I can live with it.

thanks again.

BR

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, bertranda said:

do you have any feedback on the "on ground" tragic flag?  is it still unavailable?

We don't get any feedback from issues raised. Best to check yourself it its available or not. It was recently reported that the to/from fields are now populated: 

I'll check the remaining fields in the next few days and raise another support request for the missing info.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 8:53 AM, bertranda said:

Hello,

do you have any feedback on the "on ground" tragic flag?

is it still unavailable?

Just taken a look at this and the 'On Ground' AI traffic flag seems to be working as expected. I sat on a ramp at EGLL (Heathrow) and monitored ground/air traffic (using TrafficLook) and could see aircraft taking off (switching from ground to air) and landing (switching from air to ground), so I take this as to imply that the On Ground flag is being update properly.

The only data that seems not to be populated is the 'state'. This seems to show 'Enroute' for all airborne traffic and is blank for ground traffic.
I will look into this further and raise another ticket with Asobo (if needed).

John

59 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

The only data that seems not to be populated is the 'state'. This seems to show 'Enroute' for all airborne traffic and is blank for ground traffic.
I will look into this further and raise another ticket with Asobo (if needed).

Ok, this looks to be an issue with FSUIPC7, not Asobo. FSUIPC7 is receiving the AI state strings, it is just that these have now changed and so are not being recognised by FSUIPC7. I am looking into it and will update. I will let you know when fixed.

1 hour ago, bertranda said:

I have just test the V7.1.1a, unfortunately, I still can see traffic on ground on my display, including the ones on aprons.

But where is your display getting this data from? Looking at the FSUIPC traffic tables (using TrafficLook), all aircraft seem properly categorized as on-ground or airborne, so it looks to me that the AI data in FSUIPC is correct.