The simFlight Network Forums

Control 'Set' not understood

Hi all, I have been trying to program the spoilers in FSUIPC4 on the default 737 (FSX). In the FSUIPC control sets in the dialogue box I see the following list of commands:

1: Spoilers Dec

2: Spoilers Inc

3: Spoilers Arm Off

4: Spoilers Arm ON

5: Spoilers Arm 'SET' - ??

6: Spoilers ARM toggle

7: Spoilers OFF

8: Spoilers ON

9: Spoilers 'SET' - ??

10: Spoilers Toggle

Currently on the 737 (on ground) if I set to ARM the spoilers deploy fully. Does this only work if the aircraft is airborne?

Anyway, I I can find out what SET means and how it interfaces, I might be better informed.

Thank you again for a great program.

3 hours ago, grdrew said:

Hi all, I have been trying to program the spoilers in FSUIPC4 on the default 737 (FSX). In the FSUIPC control sets in the dialogue box I see the following list of commands:

1: Spoilers Dec

2: Spoilers Inc

3: Spoilers Arm Off

4: Spoilers Arm ON

5: Spoilers Arm 'SET' - ??

6: Spoilers ARM toggle

7: Spoilers OFF

8: Spoilers ON

9: Spoilers 'SET' - ??

10: Spoilers Toggle

Currently on the 737 (on ground) if I set to ARM the spoilers deploy fully. Does this only work if the aircraft is airborne?

Anyway, I I can find out what SET means and how it interfaces, I might be better informed.

Thank you again for a great program.

Sorry, I forgot to clarify that I do not understand the SET condition - I have read the guides but cannot find a clear useage for the SET condition.

Hi,

SET means you set a value.

For Spoilers Arm Set, ARM=1 / UN-ARMED=0

For Spoilers SET you set the position you want
Spoilers control, 0 off, 4800 arm, then 5620 (7%) to 16383
(100% fully deployed).

The 4800 value is set by arming. Values from 0 to somewhere
close to, but below, 4800 do nothing. The percentage extension
is the proportion of the distance in the range 4800 to 16383, even
though values 4800 to 5619 cannot be used—7% seems to be the
minimum.

Thomas

6 hours ago, grdrew said:

Yes. The Sim decides that as the on-ground indication is set (because of gear compression), you must have landed so deploys touchdown spoilers. Arm in the air.

I see Thomas has explained "SET".

Not that, apart from those added by FSUIPC, all the controls are defined in the Sim. They are not defined or named by FSUIPC, so quite often when the name isn't clear, the only way we have of determining what it does is to try it. 😉

Pete

18 minutes ago, grdrew said:

Re Thomas' reply, where or how do we set those numbers - e.g., .ini file?

If you mean the 0 or 1 for the SET controls, they are parameters.  Look at the assignments tab -- there's a parameter entry field where you can put values. Axis controls take numbers there ranging from -16384 to 16363. Many controls have parameters defining the value to be used.

Pete

Thank you again Pete and Thomas. The penny has dropped! I have been focused on switch contacts, not axis inputs. I now see the SET parameter is more axial with a potentiometer/encoder etc., and not buttons/keys/switches type of inputs. The excellence of this forum. Thank you to all who may have read and  offered help. is much 

Your patience is much appreciated.

George.