Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

A way to make spoilers available beyond flaps 2 for Steep approaches


CptAnubis
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

It is a great shame that V3 does not have a steep approach button for the infamous EGLC approach and looks like it never will. I've tried 2 approaches into EGLC recently and have had to divert elsewhere. Throttle idle (manually not with autothrottle) and flaps full, the aircraft just speeds up way past 160 making it impossible to land. V2 did not have a steep approach function either but the speed stayed near enough on the desired approach speed give or take 5knots.

I was wondering if there is a way to either change the configuration so it behaves like V2 or change the configuration to make the spoilers available beyond flap 2 and below 180, so we can imitate the steep approach function.

I look forward to hearing from Feelthere and other pilots.

Happy Flying

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CptAnubis said:

Hi there,

It is a great shame that V3 does not have a steep approach button for the infamous EGLC approach and looks like it never will. I've tried 2 approaches into EGLC recently and have had to divert elsewhere. Throttle idle (manually not with autothrottle) and flaps full, the aircraft just speeds up way past 160 making it impossible to land. V2 did not have a steep approach function either but the speed stayed near enough on the desired approach speed give or take 5knots.

I was wondering if there is a way to either change the configuration so it behaves like V2 or change the configuration to make the spoilers available beyond flap 2 and below 180, so we can imitate the steep approach function.

I look forward to hearing from Feelthere and other pilots.

Happy Flying

The real Ejets has this limitation... You can't use the spoilers beyond flap 2... for the EGLC try to configure the aircraft fully to land before the glide slope...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2020 at 11:24 AM, xxsaxx said:

The real Ejets has this limitation... You can't use the spoilers beyond flap 2... for the EGLC try to configure the aircraft fully to land before the glide slope...

The real Embraer has a "steep approach" option offered by the manufacturer. That is what the original poster is referring to. Simply configuring the aircraft fully before the glide slope is not the correct answer at an airport like London City because the glide slope itself is at a steeper angle than most other airports are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, emersonbattle said:

The real Embraer has a "steep approach" option offered by the manufacturer. That is what the original poster is referring to. Simply configuring the aircraft fully before the glide slope is not the correct answer at an airport like London City because the glide slope itself is at a steeper angle than most other airports are.

My point is its not a standard option. Feelthere has made the normal spec. Hence no Steep approach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.