The simFlight Network Forums

Event Logging - Unusual

Cockpitbuilders

Hi Guys,

While trying to get sound.play and sound.path to work, I was trying to locate if my sounds were playing, and I came across something strange when turning on the "Event Logging" Now, keep in mind I tried searching all of my .lua scripts for the effective controls being sent, but wondered if you were aware of something hammering FSUIPC.  Can you confirm the attached log, event logging occurs on your end with the King Air, or is this something that is happening strictly on my machine?

What I am referring to is the 2 lines hammering control event logging.

734782 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65962 (0x000101aa), Param= 19 (0x00000013) FUEL_SELECTOR_SET
734782 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66523 (0x000103db), Param= 20 (0x00000014) FUEL_SELECTOR_2_SET

Please see the attached log, this seems odd to me.FSUIPC7_prev.log

Thanks guys.

Trev

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 2:12 AM, Cockpitbuilders said:

What I am referring to is the 2 lines hammering control event logging.

734782 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65962 (0x000101aa), Param= 19 (0x00000013) FUEL_SELECTOR_SET
734782 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66523 (0x000103db), Param= 20 (0x00000014) FUEL_SELECTOR_2_SET

Different aircraft seem to be logging different events continually, and it seems to be getting worse with each successive release.

There is an ini parameter that you can add to the [General] section of the ini to ignore these:

DontLogThese: In order to make it easier to check Events in the FSUIPC6.LOG file when using aircraft such as the
PMDG 737NGX, which appear to be sending some events continuously all the time they are loaded, this INI file
parameter is available to avoid logging specific event numbers. You can list individual events (by their decimal control
number), or a range (n-n), inclusive of the end points. Each is separated from the next by a comma.
For example, for the PMDG 737NGX it seems the following is a good value for this parameter to avoid logging
thousands of entries and flooding out any useful information:

DontLogthese=66485,69000-70999,66503,66504
The 66485 is "Anti ice toggle Eng2" which appears to be sent at a rate of about 15-16 per second! The large range
69000-70999 maybe too big, but prevents non-FS controls in that range being sent at similar rates whenever the Mouse
pointer rests over a switch or button! Finally the last two merely suppress the two axis events for "mouse look" being
logged.
Note that, unlike all other parameters in the [General] section, you can modify this one without closing P3D and
reloading it. Simply go into FSUIPC options and come back out to get it re-read.

As it seems that different aircraft log various different controls for no apparent reason, its probably worth making this ini parameter profile specific. I'll add this to my list to look into when time permits.