The simFlight Network Forums

yoke push to talk [SOLVED]

Hi all,

I have a column yoke of open cockpits for the 737, I have difficulty configuring the button behind it for radio communication with IVAO.

i select  button & switches.    I push my button and "select for FS  control". .... 

in "Control sent.... " , I can't find an item that could affect the radio button ...

Can anyone tell me how did he configure it?

regards

max

2 hours ago, masmaz said:

i select  button & switches.    I push my button and "select for FS  control". .... 

in "Control sent.... " , I can't find an item that could affect the radio button ...

There's no Push-To-Talk facility built into flight sim.   There is one added by FSUIPC which should be in the assignment drop down: "PTT on" and "PTT off". These might work with IVAO, but that's another matter. If not you'll need to contact IVAO support to see how to operate their PTT.

Pete

Hi,

the selection on your pic is as it says for SquakBox 3/ Roger Wilco/ ... only but not for IVAO's Teamspeak. For TeamSpeak you define in TeamSpeak a Key as the PTT and via FSUIPC you can assign a Joystick Button to send a Key that TeamSpeak will receive.

It is as well described on their page https://www.ivao.aero/training/first_steps/pilot.asp

Thomas

12 hours ago, masmaz said:

I only found this (image)... but it doesn't work. yet I know that others have configured it with FSUIPC ...

There was no need for a picture! Why not just say you tried the PTT assignment I suggested?

If the PTT assignment doesn't work it will because the version of IVAO software doesn't recognise its actions. I'm afraid you need to seek help from IVAO. I've never used any on-line ATC program myself.

Pete

• Sad 1

I found the solution !!!

sorry Pete but I disagree ...

IVAO in a way has nothing to do with it ... and I'll explain: ok in Buttons & Switches and "select for FS control" doesn't work, but you can get around the problem by making IVAO believe that press a button on the keyboard, therefore the first thing you have to do is set a random key on the IVAO configuration to talk with the ATC, then open FSUIPC / Buttons & Switches, press the yoke button, then select "Select for Key press" and under the press the key box set the previously chosen key and repeat it in the box under "key press to repeat while held".
With this configuration the yoke button push to talk, works !!

problem solved!!

max

53 minutes ago, masmaz said:

sorry Pete but I disagree ..

Not sure I said anything to disagree with. The FSUIPC PTT facility was designed originally for Roger Wilco, and the standard method used by RW was adopted by Squawkbox and others. i have no idea how IVAO implement it, but if the FSUIPC PTT action doesn't work then you needed to find out what from IVAO, as I said.

It looks like you've found that out now, and it appears they did not follow the standard way (which is actually a Registered Windows message) but offered a key press method instead.

A lot of add-on programs rely on keypresses. FSUIPC doesn't cope with every such option in all such programs by inventing specific controls to send a keypress when it i just as easy to assign a keypress in the first place.

Anyway, well done for finding the solution and thanks for posting the details for others.

Pete

• Thanks 1