The simFlight Network Forums

Eyepoints MSFS

Ron Attwood

8 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I have eyepoint left and right assigned in FSUIPC7, all good.

Can you tell me how you did that please? I'm still trying to find ways of changing views for my hardware cockpit.

I've tried all the "cockpit" view controls and it seems they are not connected up in MSFS yet.

Pete

8 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

29=RC,3,C66524,0     -{EYEPOINT_UP}-
30=RC,2,C66525,0     -{EYEPOINT_DOWN}-

Assigned to a two way switch on my CH yoke. (left hand side rocker switch.

I thought you said Left and Right were working okay, but not Up and Down? I've not tried the eyepoint controls -- i thought they just shifted the pilot, not changed the view direction. I'll have to experiment with them.

Pete

My brain is addled by all this new information. Sorry. Scrub what I said. In and Out are on switches assigned to key presses + and - . For or Up and Down MSFS takes over. I don't know if there is a keyboard command for Up and Down.

Just to be clear, all I want is adjustable Up Down In Out. Not specific 'views'.

11 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I want is adjustable Up Down In Out. Not specific 'views'.

Ah, I see. I am looking for view controls -- ideally pan left/right/up/down, but even a simple 2look left" and "look right" would help. It's really the only thing missing for my VFR cockpit. 

I'll try keypress assignment next.

Pete

On 10/1/2020 at 5:11 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Is there an answer to the eyepoint situation?

To control the eyepoint, I assign a hat switch to 'Select for Keypress' and then to Up, Down, Left, Right (i.e. numpad 8,2,4,6 with numlock off) on repeat, and that seems to work for me.

For quick view, I assign the same keys but with a ctrl modifier (to a different hat switch!), and this also gives me quick-view functionality.

John