The simFlight Network Forums

Battery events

Stinger2k3

Hi John/Pete,

I am trying to assign battery 1 and 2 on/off events in FSUIPC7 but I am only able to find "Toggle Master Battery". Nothing is listed under "Battery" .

In the sim there are Set Battery 1 thru to 4, Master Battery On and Off, Set Master Battery, Toggle Master Battery.

Can you help please?

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

35 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

In the sim there are Set Battery 1 thru to 4, Master Battery On and Off, Set Master Battery, Toggle Master Battery.

unfortunately the only event for batteries listed in the SDK/SimConnect is the Toggle Master Battery event. There is also a simvar ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY  that you can use, via offsets 0x281C and 0x3102, but there are no individual events or variables for battery1 and battery2.

10 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

Toggle Master Battery, and input parameter 1 and 2 into the same offset.

That is strange! But I presume this is just a parameter to the toggle event, no? Nothing to do with offsets.

Toggle controls are usually just that - a toggle control with no parameters. So does sending this control with no parameters (or a parameter of 0) toggle all batteries, and if you give a parameter (1-4) then it just toggles that battery?

10 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

So i guess I will need to use a Lua script to do this?

You can also give a parameter to the control in the assignments panel to test this.

I'll take a look at this in more detail when I get a chance.

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Toggle controls are usually just that - a toggle control with no parameters. So does sending this control with no parameters (or a parameter of 0) toggle all batteries, and if you give a parameter (1-4) then it just toggles that battery?

That seems to be what is happening. Not sure if this is true for other aircraft but certainly the Longitude.

Edited by Stinger2k3
Spelling

5 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

This is awesome, as I couldn't find a way to toggle individual batteries. This works in the Baron for example, so great find!

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for Toggle Avionics Master (if param is not 0, it does nothing).

How did you do the "trace"?

Hi,

In the top menu choose LOG. Then OPEN CONSOLE. Then in the top menu again you have various options to trace. For events such as the batteries choose Events. 

When you first click events you may see things scrolling in the log window. These will be events automatically started by that particular aircraft model. If you then click what you want to trace in the cockpit then if it triggers an event (sometimes it does not) , you will see it in the console log window. 

Good luck

Keith