The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS not connecting

Mav2307

Hello.

Can´t connect WideFS to MSFS.

I´ve followed the user guide manual, tried to connect with the windows firewall disconnected, but  the message waiting for a connection do not change to connected.

There is an error message in the WideClient log

2672 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused

What can I do? Thank you.

Regards

Henrique 

WideClient.log

WideClient.ini

Edited by HenriqueBarbosa

Error 10061 is  a windows socket error 'Connection Refused'. Is WideServer enabled and active on the server (i.e. in FSUIPC7? Can you show me your FSUIPC7.log and WideServer.log files as well please.

What are you using WideFS for? It is also possible to run FSUIPC7 on a client machine. Depending on your use case, this may also be a solution (and negates the need for the WideServer license). There is an appendix in the Advanced User guide that shows you how to set this up.

Other than that, please show me the additional files and I will look into this further, but probably not until Monday now.

John

• 4 months later...

Something must have changed.... Check your firewalls (disable and test without to see if its a firewall issue), check your Workgroups, check if your IP addresses have changed (if you are using the address rather than name) - basically read the documentation and follow the instructions given there on connection issues.

If you still can't get it to connect, please show me your WideClient.ini, WideClient.log, WideServer.log and FSUIPC?.log and FSUIPC?.ini files.

John