The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Axis Assignments

zorzini

Hi,
i try to modify the axis assignments for MSFS via FSUIPC7 because I need to setup a Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Quadrant with Throttles, Reverse etc.

As You can see in attached image I', not able to Clear and Rescan because the two fields Joy# and Axis# does not coming empty.

In MSFS I make a copy of the default TCA Quadrant profile and I use it.
If I unplug the TCA quadrant both fields coming empty (and ready for scanning I suppose)
Also I think that the Quadrant, if plugged, sends continously outputs recognized by FSUIPC.

Is a workaround for that or is my error in procedure ?

Thanks for support974837043_axisfsuipc.thumb.jpg.11efc5590ffd933a5454499bb7eee217.jpg

5 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You can ignore that axis for the current assignment session (i.e. until you close the panel or clear) by clicking the Ignore Axis button.

Sorry but I dont understand. I will try to explain my actions and effects:
MSFS running
FSUIPC7 running
Open Assignments >> Axes Assignments
Clear & Rescan >> Move TCA Quadrant Throttle Lever nothing change in Joy# and Axis# fields and in numeric fields  (under checkbox Raw).
tried also this actions with "Ignore Axis" button pressed (Clr Ignores button become active).

The field "Profile Specific" with checkbox is inactive. (I will try to create different profiles for different planes due to the actual situation where with turboprop planes the throttle mouvement is very short but ok for jets).

If I correctly understand with Clear the Joy and Axis fields become empty and with Rescan this field are filled with Joystick number and axis number if operated.

I tried with one empty and with a copy of an existing profile active in MSFS.
Please inform me about the correct simulator situation to do axis assignment: Ready on park, running or in pause, in Commands window (Joysticks and devices setting page), or ...

As usually thanks for quick answer.

Bye

16 minutes ago, zorzini said:

If I correctly understand with Clear the Joy and Axis fields become empty and with Rescan this field are filled with Joystick number and axis number if operated.

Yes, but what John is saying is that one of your axes --  presumably axis Z on device E --  is continually "operating" (i.e. sending different values0.

Use the ignore axis button to stop fSUIPC responding to this whilst you assign other axes.

Pete

6 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, but what John is saying is that one of your axes --  presumably axis Z on device E --  is continually "operating" (i.e. sending different values0.

Use the ignore axis button to stop fSUIPC responding to this whilst you assign other axes.

Pete

I just tried with "Ignore axis" (I just supposed that this will be the purpose) but nothing to do...

Ok, i will try again tomorrow morning and report.

Bye and thanks

Maybe check your logfile (FSUIPC7.log)  file to see what controllers fsuipc has found, and you can check the FSUIPC7.ini file to see what letters have been assigned to available controllers.

35 minutes ago, zorzini said:

nothing change in Joy# and Axis# fields

but something must have changed. They were initially empty and now show joy# E and Axis # Z. If you move that axis, the numbers in the In and Out fields should change.
If its not your throttle, clicking Ignore Axis will ignore that axis, so then click rescan and move your throttle. You should then get a different axis # and possibly a different joy#.

40 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Maybe check your logfile (FSUIPC7.log)  file to see what controllers fsuipc has found, and you can check the FSUIPC7.ini file to see what letters have been assigned to available controllers.

but something must have changed. They were initially empty and now show joy# E and Axis # Z. If you move that axis, the numbers in the In and Out fields should change.
If its not your throttle, clicking Ignore Axis will ignore that axis, so then click rescan and move your throttle. You should then get a different axis # and possibly a different joy#.

Thanks John. Tomorrow morning I will verify Your suggestions.

Now is dinner time and i'm going at Home Restaurant (the best and only permitted Restaurant in Italy for now).

Bye

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Hi John, I do a quick test but via a remote laptop also I cannot move physically the TCA Quadrant but I recognize via fsuipc7.ini and fsuipc7.log that:

The Joy# letter is E also is the TCA Quadrant.

I have to push some times "Ignore Axis" button and ignore E-Z, E-V, E-R, E-U, E-Y, E-X (joy#-axis# received inputs) before have joy# and axis# fields avaiable.

Ok, tomorrow I will be able to operate the TCA throttles and proceeding with assignments.

Thanks for help

P.S. only a doubt: the FSUIPC7 assignments are like an overlay over the existing joystick MSFS assignments also does not matter what profile (empty or not) is actually selected in devices settings page of MSFS ? In other words: if FSUIPC7 is active temporary overwrite MSFS devices settings ? Correct ?

Thanks again