The simFlight Network Forums

[Programs] & Run1 in FSUIPC6

I just installed FSUIPC6 on P3Dv5.1 today. LONGTIME registered user of several earlier versions and have done a lot of FSUIPCx.ini editing. I loved using the Run commands to start and close addons with affinity. I can't find that in FSUIPC6. Searched the forum but no luck. Is that feature still available in FSUIPC6?

FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v5",5.1.12.26829
SimConnectUsed=5.1.0.0

[Programs]
Run1=AM=3,CLOSE,"D:\User Programs & Data - Bruce\FSXFlight\FSXFlight.exe"
Run2=AM=3,CLOSE,"D:\User Programs & Data - Bruce\Guru3D MSI Afterburner\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe"
Run3=AM=3,CLOSE,"E:\00 - P3DV5\FFTF Dynamic P3Dv5\FFTF Dynamic P3Dv5.exe"
Run4=AM=3,"E:\SPAD.neXt\SPAD.neXt\SPAD.neXt.exe"

[Traffic Limiter]
AirportPreference=50
PlannedAirportsPreference=50

I know it must be something I'm doing wrong... Above is from my FSUIPC6.ini file. It works fine in FSUIPC5 with P3Dv4.5 but I can't get anything to run in FSUIPC6 / P3DV5.1.1.  All other features are working great.. Do you see anything? Thanks, Bruce 

BTW ver 6010

37 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

I know it must be something I'm doing wrong... Above is from my FSUIPC6.ini file. It works fine in FSUIPC5 with P3Dv4.5 but I can't get anything to run in FSUIPC6 / P3DV5.1.1

As well as posting your Log as John requests, check your INI file -- make sure there's not another [Programs] section.

Pete

9 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

All my addons and P3Dv5 are set to run as administrator if that matters. Same as P3Dv4.5 though.

Yes, that matters. If you are running them as admin, you will have to run FSUIPC6/P3Dv5.1 as admin. Error 740 indicates that you don't have the required privileges to run.

I'm surprised that it works for 4.5 though - do you run that as admin but 5.1 not?

5 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

The logfile does report the errors.  Error 740.

Well, as John implies, that error is listed as

"Error 740: The requested operation requires elevation" 

so it is still an access problem.  Seems odd though.  Why would you need Administrative rights to access those folders?  Take this folder:
D:\User Programs & Data - Bruce
That doesn't sound like somewhere which should need elevated privileges. So presumable all those programs need this instead?

Anyway, I think you need to double check you have that setting correct for the shortcut you are using to start P3D5 -- Right click, Properties -- Compatibility - check "run this program as administrator".

BTW I have never had any problems running anything without elevated privileges (except for AddOnOrganiser (and hence MakeRunways) which need it for access to places like AppData and ProgramData).  But I always install the Sim away from any system folders, as indeed you do:

FS path = "E:\00 - P3DV5\My P3dv5\"

Pete

That was indeed the problem Somehow, I failed to double check the Run as Admin on V5. Fixed that and FSUIPC6 works as advertised. As you note, I always install into a directory (in fact a separate SSD) away from system folders but the Run as Admin habit goes way back to early FSX days for me. and I use AddOnOrganiser all the time to turn on & off groups and manage all my scenery. 

Thanks, FSUIPC remains my all time MVP of utilities.