The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC offset for Toggle_Fuel_Valve_Engx used by Asobo A320 Neo ?

mermoz33

Hi Pete!

In FS2020 A320 Neo, this FScontrol 66494 and 66495 are used to control MSFS Fuel Cutoff levers. (I can see them move in virtual cockpit sending theses controls)

I'm trying to make it work with PM systems I don't know how to send this  control using offset 3110 using two 32 bits integers. Is there a special offset for this control?

thank you for your help!

regards

Stephane

17 hours ago, mermoz33 said:

In FS2020 A320 Neo, this FScontrol 66494 and 66495 are used to control MSFS Fuel Cutoff levers. (I can see them move in virtual cockpit sending theses controls)

I'm trying to make it work with PM systems I don't know how to send this  control using offset 3110 using two 32 bits integers. Is there a special offset for this control?

If those controls work, then just do as it says in the offsets list for 3110:

This is really two 32-bit integers. The first contains the Control
number (normally 65536 upwards), as seen in my FS Controls
lists. The second integer is used for the parameter, such as the
scaled axis value, where this is appropriate. Always write all 8
bytes in one IPC block if a parameter is used, as FSUIPC will
fire the control when you write to 3110.

Since the controls are just "Toggle" ones, there's no parameter. So it's easy -- just write the control number to 3110 as a 32-bit int (DWORD).

The more usual way of operating the idle/cutoff switch in airliners and other jets is to simple set the Mixture to rich or lean. So the controls for those might be better. And not being Toggle actions are more suited to a latching switch.

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

If those controls work, then just do as it says in the offsets list for 3110:

This is really two 32-bit integers. The first contains the Control
number (normally 65536 upwards), as seen in my FS Controls
lists. The second integer is used for the parameter, such as the
scaled axis value, where this is appropriate. Always write all 8
bytes in one IPC block if a parameter is used, as FSUIPC will
fire the control when you write to 3110.

Since the controls are just "Toggle" ones, there's no parameter. So it's easy -- just write the control number to 3110 as a 32-bit int (DWORD).

The more usual way of operating the idle/cutoff switch in airliners and other jets is to simple set the Mixture to rich or lean. So the controls for those might be better. And not being Toggle actions are more suited to a latching switch.

Pete

Yes Pete, but I tried  Mixture rich/ lean parameters in FSUIPC and it doesn't work with Asobo A320 neo, only FScontrol 66494 (for Eng 1) is working as toggle switch for fuel cutoff . In PM systems, I tried to send this decimal value in x3110 offset and I could see the fuel cutoff move. Then its a problem because PM is not designed to manage Eng cutoff as toggle mode in its internal variable. I will report this to Asobo's support because the rich/lean combo was used for years !

By the way, ...there is no offset for APU master switch, only x0B58 to start is working. Is there a way to discover what offset is used by asobo for APU master switch?

thanks

Stephane

6 hours ago, mermoz33 said:

Yes Pete, but I tried  Mixture rich/ lean parameters in FSUIPC and it doesn't work with Asobo A320 neo,

Shame.

6 hours ago, mermoz33 said:

By the way, ...there is no offset for APU master switch, only x0B58 to start is working. Is there a way to discover what offset is used by asobo for APU master switch?

What does that master switch do -- start or stop the APU? That offset covers that.

Which offset did PM use for "APU Master" in previous versions of Flight Sim, or are you a new PM user with MSFS only?

Pete

• 1 month later...

@mermoz33 I have noticed the following in this post:

Even so, I managed to get working (with many “tricks”) the following controls:

• landing lights (only one)
  • beacon lights
  • cross feed valve and annunciator
  • apu starter % (has to be set repeatedly to 100% - I use SIOC or lua for this)
  • apu stop
  • apu rpm indicator (with stepper motor controlled by MobiFlight)
  • apu bleed and annunciator
  • apu generator
  • generator 1 a/b and generator 2 a/b and gen off bus annunciators
  • generator 1 and 2 source off (when gen switch on and engine is not running)
  • fuel pumps and Low press annunciators (partly faked)
  • hyd pumps and annunciators (faked with fsuipc free offsets for the moment)
  • yaw damper (AP yaw damper and annunciator - sometimes disconnecting by itself)
  • battery switch (not always working as expected but responding)

Maybe try that, or ask the OP how he did this via lua.

John