The simFlight Network Forums

Desktop Aviator Panel in MSFS2020

josh23913

I purchased FSUIPC7 in hope I could use an older Desktop Aviator USB switch panel in MSFS2020, but I can't seem to figure out how get FSUIPC7 to recognize the panel. When I display the "Button & Switch Assignments" panel nothing appears to be active and pressing a switch on the panel is not seen. Any help appreciated...

If its not seen in the assignments panel, then its probably not recognised as a joystick type device. You can post your FSUIPC7.log file and FSUIPC7.Joyscan.csv file and I'll take a look.

If its recognised as a Hid device, then you could access it using lua. there is a demo lua script provided that you can use and adapt (HidDemo.lua)  as well as documentation (both installed in your windows Documents folder under a folder called FSUIPC7).

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, dedel said:

Desktop Aviator boards are mostly joysticks with or without analog axes. A switch panel has buttons only. So it should be recognized as a joystick.

Then see if Windows recognises them. Or you could use HidScanner to list the details:

HidScanner: A little program for scanning connected (or even just Registered) Joysticks and other HID (Human Interface) Devices and providing full details. It can stay running and monitor changes too, if needed: HidScanner

It produces a log file too.

Pete

I don't know whether josh23913's problem is still existent. When I attach a Desktop Aviator product to the PC and select "Button & Switch assignments" from FSUIPC7 I can clearly see the joystick and assignment works well. This is a log example:

246579 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
   246579 Product= Model 2040/2045
   246579    Manufacturer= Desktop Aviator
   246579    Serial Number= Net03d00
   246579    Vendor=16D0, Product=06E0 (Version 0.1)
   246625    GUIDs returned for product: VID_16D0&PID_06E0:
   246625       GUID= {E747A060-66EF-11EB-8001-444553540000}
   246625       Details: Btns=20, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R0,U0,V0,X0,Y0,Z0

If there is still need for help, give me a sign, @josh23913.

Detlef