The simFlight Network Forums

loosing profile AXES

Hi Pete,

I'm a long time customer here. I'm having an issue with FSUIPC v6011, I'm on p3dv5.1 HF1 (5.1.12.26829). When I add a "profile specific" for a new livery of the PMDG 737 NGXu (in this case) I loose all my profile Axes. Before setting new profile my axes look like this:

[Axes.NGXu]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0Y,256
1=0Y,D,-16384,-9362,66080,0    -{ Entering=GEAR_DOWN }-
2=0Y,D,-5982,6528,74183,536870912    -{ Entering=Custom control: <74183> }-
3=0Y,U,8831,16383,66079,0    -{ Entering=GEAR_UP }-
4=1X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
5=1Y,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
6=2X,256,D,7,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-
7=2Y,256,D,8,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-
8=2R,256,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
9=3X,256,F,66818,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: STEERING_SET }-
10=5X,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
11=5Y,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
12=5Z,256,D,23,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Flaps }-
13=5U,256,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-

After setting new profile, it erases them like this:

[Axes.NGXu]
RangeRepeatRate=10

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Sergio

Hi John, thanks for your support. What I did is go to Axes Assignments, clicked Profile Specific? box, when it asked if "do you want to apply general assignments to this aircraft", I click No, then I see my profile in the window that appears (my case Ngxu), click on it and finally press OK to close FSUIPC UI. I've always done this procedure with no issues. Hope you can fin the bug, not in a hurry though. Obviously it's easy to fix, as I always backup the .ini file, so I copy the segment of axes that gets deleted and all is good again. Thanks again for your support.

Great day

Sergio

If you tick yes to use the 'Use General Assignments' first and then the profile of choice do the axis remain ?

I had been helping a friend and couldn't understand why he kept losing the axis in profile until for the first time it happened here after years of just selecting the profile.

So far using the above step the axis are retained.

17 hours ago, Cuantreau said:

What I did is go to Axes Assignments, clicked Profile Specific? box, when it asked if "do you want to apply general assignments to this aircraft", I click No, then I see my profile in the window that appears (my case Ngxu), click on it and finally press OK to close FSUIPC UI. I've always done this procedure with no issues. Hope you can fin the bug, not in a hurry though.

This should be fixed in the attached version:

FSUIPC6.dll

Thank you, works like charm!

I had to edit, because since overwriting this dll to FSUIPC folder I'm getting almost instant CTD when scenery is loaded in most cases, also at 72% of loading it CTD's. When I replace this new with the original dll, no CTD at all. So conclusion, it worked ones but strangely since that first successful attempt of creating new profile, the sim CTD's almost every load.

16 hours ago, Cuantreau said:

I had to edit, because since overwriting this dll to FSUIPC folder I'm getting almost instant CTD when scenery is loaded in most cases, also at 72% of loading it CTD's. When I replace this new with the original dll, no CTD at all. So conclusion, it worked ones but strangely since that first successful attempt of creating new profile, the sim CTD's almost every load.

That is strange, and worrying. The fix for this was minor and could not cause this, but there are a few other minor updates also in that version. I'll take a look, but would be useful if you could show me a log file after a crash, and also check to see if there is a crash log in the windows event viewer and if so paste the details.

Thanks,

John

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

That is strange, and worrying. The fix for this was minor and could not cause this, but there are a few other minor updates also in that version. I'll take a look, but would be useful if you could show me a log file after a crash, and also check to see if there is a crash log in the windows event viewer and if so paste the details.

Thanks,

John

I'll try to investigate how to do this John, as I've never done it before. Thanks for your support

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, B77X said:

my sim crashed when I assigned a new plane an existing profile and one of my joystick buttons was pressed. p3d 5.1 latest hotfix.

I can do nothing with such a report unless you provide me with further information - I need to see your FSUIPC6.log file (generated when such a crash occurs) as well as any event information from the windows event viewer. Your FSUIPC6.ini would also be useful.

John

16 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I can do nothing with such a report unless you provide me with further information - I need to see your FSUIPC6.log file (generated when such a crash occurs) as well as any event information from the windows event viewer. Your FSUIPC6.ini would also be useful.

John

I sent a PM with details I hope helps sorry. A question why is this beta version not linked on your forum the old 6.0.1.1 is the only download and I have helped 3 people who tore apart p3d thinking their sim was broken not realising this was FSUIPC deleting their axis.

@B77X Your logs just show FSUIPC closing as P3Dv5 exited. If you didn't exit, then it looks like P3D crashed so its surprises me that there is no event shown in the Windows Event Viewer.

I loaded in a PMDG 747, went to FSUIPC and axis assignment checked the box and loaded B747 profile, went through the other tabs to check the same box and pressed okay and p3d closed

That was what you did for the log you send me? Very strange. I'll take a look later and get back to you.

John

9 hours ago, B77X said:

FSUIPC deleting their axis.

I'll just add a correction to that. FSUIPC never deletes settings without you re-programming them. The usual problem is not using Joy Letters for joystick numbering so that FSUIPC can follow devices when their Windows assignments changes, usually because of a major windows update or unplugging the USB devices and re-connecting them into a different socket.

Pete

10 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'll just add a correction to that. FSUIPC never deletes settings without you re-programming them.

It does! There was a problem prior to 6.0.11 where FSUIPC would remove the general axis section in certain situations. I correct this, or thought I had,  but the correction caused axis to be removed in another situation (I hadn't fully tested!), so I changed this in the 6.0.11b version I released earlier in this topic. There does still seem to be an issue which I am looking into to try and reproduce.

John

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Really? How was that done? How long has such a bug been there? In FSUIPC4 and 5 too?

PEte

It must have been intruduced recently in 6.0.11 or close to this version because I have assigned axis without issue when setting up my sim in v4 and upgrading in v5 in the past 2 months also helping others upgrade to v5 only .11 FSUIPC did this happen with in a new aircraft going to FSUIPC menu and assigning that repaint to a profile. the [axis] section of the profile i was assigning deleted itself.

10 hours ago, John Dowson said:

@B77X Your logs just show FSUIPC closing as P3Dv5 exited. If you didn't exit, then it looks like P3D crashed so its surprises me that there is no event shown in the Windows Event Viewer.

That was what you did for the log you send me? Very strange. I'll take a look later and get back to you.

John

Yes I did this and P3D disappeared and no logs in event viewer saying P3D had an error.

11 hours ago, B77X said:

It must have been intruduced recently in 6.0.11 or close to this version

I'm slightly confused - aren't you using the 6.0.12 a/b version posted earlier in this thread? If not, please try that one.
There is/was a long-standing bug that resulted in the general axis section being cleared in versions prior to 6.0.11. I corrected this in the 6.0.11 release (or thought I had), but this "correction" resulted in axes being lost in other situations, so I corrected for this in the 6.0.12a (or b) release posted earlier.
However, I believe the original problem still exists in this version which I will investigate when I have time, and will release the final fix for this in the official 6.0.12 release.

This is getting even more confusing now with @B77X saying that P3D is now crashing but with no crash event. Could you please let me know which version you are using, and if using 6.0.11 then please update to 6.0.12a or b.

I have quite a back-log of support requests to get through, so please be patient.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

I'm slightly confused - aren't you using the 6.0.12 a/b version posted earlier in this thread? If not, please try that one.

Ok, sorry, you are using 6.0.12b - I checked your log you PM'ed me. 

I loaded in a PMDG 747, went to FSUIPC and axis assignment checked the box and loaded B747 profile, went through the other tabs to check the same box and pressed okay and p3d closed

I've been playing around trying to get it to crash or delete/remove an axis section and haven't managed to find any issues so far. Could you try again please and if this happens let me know exactly what you did (i.e. did you import the 'general\ axis or not, did you save when asked or not, etc). Thanks,

John

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

@B77X I cannot duplicate your issue. However, I have made some minor updates in the following version (to only ask if you want to import the General axes when creating a New profile), so could you try with this version please and let me know how it goes:

FSUIPC6.dll 492.5 kB · 1 download

Will test and let you know I have small amounts of sim time each week and could not reproduce it 100% each time.