The simFlight Network Forums

Unpause MSFS 2020

CXA001

With all flight sim platforms including all versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D and Laminar Research X-Plane, if my application detects a pause in the sim, it will immeadately unpause the simulation.

This is necessary as all our flights are flown online and pausing the sim while online is a big no-no.

Code is as follows (C#):

Offset<short> FSUIPCUnPause = new Offset<short>("FSUIPCUnPause", 0x0262, false);
FSUIPCConnection.Process(new string[] { "FSUIPCUnPause" });
FSUIPCUnPause.Value = 0;

This does not work with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Any ideas as to why this works with all other flight simulator platforms except MSFS 2020?

Thanks in advance,
Marc

Hi Marc,

MSFS has a new 'active pause' mode which is different from the real pause mode. This has caused some confusion with the pause offsets and controls in MSFS.

I don't think it's resolved yet. This is the current thread about it. 

I haven't read all the way through it - it's quite long - but it might give you a solution.

Just off the top of my head, if the pause offset doesn't work you could try the pause control:

FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS(FsControl.PAUSE_OFF, 0);

But that may have the same problem.

Paul

• 11 months later...
13 minutes ago, José Franco said:

My MSFS 2020 crsash at 2.º or 3.º flight.

Why are you posting in the 'FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET' forum, and what has your issue got to do with the title of this topic 'Unpause MSFS 2020'?

Please take care to post in the appropriate forum and give sufficient information if you would like any help. Are you even using FSUIPC7?

15 minutes ago, José Franco said:

Someone can help me?

If MSFS is crashing, you should check the Asobo forums and report there. If MSFS is crashing, it is not related to DSUIPC7 as this is a separate executable that runs outside of MSFS.

If you require any further assistance, please post in the correct forum. Any further incorrect posts will be deleted without response.

John