The simFlight Network Forums

New FSUIPC7 & old PFC console

Frankiejonah

I have just paid for the full version and installed 7.0.4.

Now I can start MSFS2020 using the FSUIPC7 start button, but I cannot access the control tablet, as before, to set and adjust my old PFC.

I have added the appropriate PFC file to the MSFS2020 folder.

How can I put this right, please?

1 hour ago, Frankiejonah said:

I have added the appropriate PFC file to the MSFS2020 folder.

What type of device do you have - hid or com/serial? What is the 'appropriate PFC file' you are using?
The PFC dll should go into the FSUIPC7 installation folder, not the MSFS2020 folder. If you don't know where that is, startFSUIPC7 and use the File -> Open Installation Folder option.

Not also that, if using the PFC com driver, this was updated this morning so you should download the latest version. The issue for this update is described in this post: 

John

Hi John

Thank you for picking this up so quickly.  I am sorry I did not give enough detail.

My PFC is a 20 year old PFC single professional flight console - serial linked.

I added the PFCcom64.dll file to a folder called 'FSUIPC for MSFS'.  I am not sure of the version number, but it is dated 20/7/2020.  Does that mean I need to update?

Regards

Frank

28 minutes ago, Frankiejonah said:

I added the PFCcom64.dll file to a folder called 'FSUIPC for MSFS'.  I am not sure of the version number, but it is dated 20/7/2020.  Does that mean I need to update?

Yes, you should always try to use the latest. However, if you don't see the connections check screen or the added "PFC ..." menu entry in FSUIPC, then there's some thing wrong in any case -- probably the DLL hasn't been placed in the correct folder, next to FSUIPC7.EXE.

If the DLL is being seen and loaded there will be an entry saying so in the FSUIPC7.LOG, like this:

Loaded PFCcom64.DLL okay!

Note that the PFC driver isn't loaded until FSUIPC is properly connected to MSFS. So in the Log this confirmation appears after the line:

-------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------

Pete

31 minutes ago, Frankiejonah said:

I added the PFCcom64.dll file to a folder called 'FSUIPC for MSFS'. 

Ok, then thats the correct driver for your device, but you have probably placed it into the wrong installation, unless 'FSUIPC for MSFS' is your FSUIPC installation folder. If you are not sure where you installed FSUIPC7, you can use the File -> Open Installation Folder option from FSUIPC, which should show you the folder where the PFCcom64.dll should go.

34 minutes ago, Frankiejonah said:

I am not sure of the version number, but it is dated 20/7/2020.  Does that mean I need to update?

Yes, please download from www.fsuipc.com. Also check that you are using the latest version of FSUIPC7, which is v7.0.4.

I see Pete has also replied...

2 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Note that the PFC driver isn't loaded until FSUIPC is properly connected to MSFS. So in the Log this confirmation appears after the line:

-------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------

Not quite true. It is loaded during FSUIPC initialisation even without MSFS running, and you should see this in your log file after the LogOptions are logged:
      703 Loaded PFCcom64.DLL okay!
However, the PFC menu entry and initial dialog box will not be displayed until connected to MSFS AND you have an aircraft loaded.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Not quite true. It is loaded during FSUIPC initialisation even without MSFS running

Ah, sorry. Different to FSUIPC4,5 and 6 then. I didn't remember that had been changed.

28 minutes ago, Frankiejonah said:

I am too tired now (88 years young!)

Ah, I'm all of 11 years younger and already get tired in the afternoons!

Pete