The simFlight Network Forums

RunIf not working

hvw

Hi John,

Today I installed, after uninstalling 7.0.3, fsuipc 7.0,4 and so far this new version seems to overlook the 3 RunIf statements that I have got in my fsuipc.ini file. Do you have any idea what I might have done wrong? (Or does fsuipc no longer support RunIf)

Thanks,

Hans van Wijhe

Hi Hans,

27 minutes ago, hvw said:

Today I installed, after uninstalling 7.0.3, fsuipc 7.0,4 and so far this new version seems to overlook the 3 RunIf statements that I have got in my fsuipc.ini file. Do you have any idea what I might have done wrong? (Or does fsuipc no longer support RunIf)

There is no change in this are between v7.0.3 and v7.0.4.

You do not need to uninstall before installing a new version. If you do this, the default installation location will be C:\FSUIPC7 rather than your previous installation location. 
Therefore, it may be running with a default/newly created ini file rather than the one with your RUNIFs.
Just run the installer, and it will then prompt you to uninstall before re-installing. So run the installer again, and make sure that you select the correct installation location.

Please check this, and if thats not the issue, please attach your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files.

John

[Programs]
RunIf1=CLOSE,D:\ASP3D\ASP3D\ASP3D.exe -simVersion=5
RunIf2=CLOSE,D:\Little Navmap\littlenavmap.exe
RunIf3=CLOSE,D:\Flight Crew A320 MSFS\Flight Crew A320_x64.exe

From the Advanced User Guide:

If the program or path name contains spaces or needs command-line parameters, then these can be included by
enclosing the program path in quotes, so that the space(s) needed don't cause problems. You may also need to include
quotes around the parameters if they includes spaces.

John

Thanks John. Will put quotes where necessary, but isn't it strange that with previous versions of fsuipc these "runif" lines worked perfectly? The fsuipc.ini wasn't changed in any way when I installed v7.0.4.

Have a nice weekend,
Hans 

19 minutes ago, hvw said:

but isn't it strange that with previous versions of fsuipc these "runif" lines worked perfectly? The fsuipc.ini wasn't changed in any way when I installed v7.0.4.

Yes, I'm surprised it was working before, and I'm also surprised that an error wasn't logged now it isn't working. I will check this sometime (but not today), but first would like to know if it does work with quotes or not, as it may be something else.

John

28 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Yes, I'm surprised it was working before, and I'm also surprised that an error wasn't logged now it isn't working. I will check this sometime (but not today), but first would like to know if it does work with quotes or not, as it may be something else.

John

Bad luck, John, even with quotes in the right places it doesn't work. 

Hans

2 hours ago, hvw said:

Bad luck, John, even with quotes in the right places it doesn't work. 

I think John will need to see an FSUIPC7.LOG file. A complete one, unlike the first you posted -- one where you actually used MSFS and got to a proper close down.

BTW i use the Run and RunIf facilities a lot (including for example ASP4 like yourself), and I have always needed to use the "" around the full pathnames. Not that this includes the program name -- i.e " before the drive:\ part and another after the .exe.

I also tend to use the "READY" keyword, to only run the programs when the Sim is ready to run. This works so much better for most programs. However, I'm using FSUIPC6 with P3D5.1 (I can't use MSFS on my cockpit because of the 210 degree curved screen and the multiple views needed to fill it without distortion). So maybe, in FSUIPC7, there's a difference to do with the state of MSFS at the earlier time.

Pete

16 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I think John will need to see an FSUIPC7.LOG file. A complete one, unlike the first you posted -- one where you actually used MSFS and got to a proper close down.

BTW i use the Run and RunIf facilities a lot (including for example ASP4 like yourself), and I have always needed to use the "" around the full pathnames. Not that this includes the program name -- i.e " before the drive:\ part and another after the .exe.

I also tend to use the "READY" keyword, to only run the programs when the Sim is ready to run. This works so much better for most programs. However, I'm using FSUIPC6 with P3D5.1 (I can't use MSFS on my cockpit because of the 210 degree curved screen and the multiple views needed to fill it without distortion). So maybe, in FSUIPC7, there's a difference to do with the state of MSFS at the earlier time.

Pete

Hi Pete and John,

Since I first started to use the RUNIF options, a long, long time ago, I always have been using these options without quotes. Strangely enough this always worked for me until fsuipc v7.0.4 🙂 . (They still work quotes less in Prepar3d, weird uh?)

So what I now did (again) was, just to give it another go, ran the fsuipc7.0.4 installer, which of course uninstalled the previous installed version, and after completion of this new installation made sure that these quotes were in the right places in the RUNIFx lines in the .ini file, added the READY parameter as well and then ran the msfs.bat file. (After  of course inserting the correct path in this .bat file to the fsuipc directory). Much to my surprise everything worked perfectly now. 

If you want to I can send you the uninstallFSUIPC7.log, perhaps you can derive from that file what might have gone wrong previously. Do you also want the FSUIPC7.LOG file?

Thanks for your help
Hans