The simFlight Network Forums

Offsets

kingm56

First, thank you for continue to provide this wonder tool; I simply don't know where the community would be without FSUIPC

I looked at the included spreadsheet for updated offsets; however, I did not see the following:

1. LNAV (B747 and B787)

2. VNAV (B747 and B787)

3. Managed Climb Mode (A320)

4. Managed Mode (A320)

Also, is it still impossible to read LVARS?

Again, thank you for everything you do.

Matt

10 hours ago, kingm56 said:

First, thank you for continue to provide this wonder tool; I simply don't know where the community would be without FSUIPC

I looked at the included spreadsheet for updated offsets; however, I did not see the following:

1. LNAV (B747 and B787)

2. VNAV (B747 and B787)

4. Managed Mode (A320)

Also, is it still impossible to read LVARS?

Again, thank you for everything you do.

Matt

John recently said FSUIPC7 does not currently have the ability to read and write MSFS Lvars, but may be able to do so some time in the future.

Al

20 hours ago, kingm56 said:

1. LNAV (B747 and B787)

2. VNAV (B747 and B787)

4. Managed Mode (A320)

There are no sim variables (exposed via simconnect or otherwise) for those. I suspect there may be available via lvars (or some other type of variable, maybe k vars), but as Al has commented, there is currently no way to access lvars using FSUIPC7. I am looking in to providing such access in a future release, but no timescales yet.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 1:51 AM, John Dowson said:

There are no sim variables (exposed via simconnect or otherwise) for those. I suspect there may be available via lvars (or some other type of variable, maybe k vars), but as Al has commented, there is currently no way to access lvars using FSUIPC7. I am looking in to providing such access in a future release, but no timescales yet.

John

Thank you so much, John.  

30 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Thank you so much, John.  

No problem. You could try looking at the MobiFlight WASM module, and adding the MobiFlight events to FSUIPC.
They may have some events/controls for the functions you require (especially for the A320). Also, check out the FBW A320 mod if you haven't done so already.

For information on MobiFlight WASM module and events, see:

and

The lvar-access (and hvar) WASM module for FSUIPC7 is progressing well, but it will be another few weeks before I can get a beta version of this out to test.

John

HI,

I downloaded the mobiflight events .txt files John posted for the G1000 & G3000 in another thread and put them in the folder as directed.

They appear in FSUIPC dropdown list (though honestly I haven't tested them yet 'cause I'm lovin' flying the FBW A320.)

Please excuse my complete ignorance on such things, but how do I add the A320 events? Do I just copy and paste what has been posted to those text files or do I create new ones or something else.

Thanks in advance for your help.

12 hours ago, GPan099 said:

but how do I add the A320 events? Do I just copy and paste what has been posted to those text files or do I create new ones or something else.

You can either add them to your existing event files or create a new one for them. Note the max limit of 256 events per file.
And there is also an issue with the current release v7.0.4 (and earlier) in that only one event file can be used, so if using multiple event files you need to download the latest version I attached where the event files were posted. I'll release this as v7.0.5 when I get time.

Thank you John for your quick reply.

I created another text .evt file and they show up in the drop down list, but I am still unsuccessful in getting them to work when I try and assign them via FSUIPC.

I must be doing something wrong and I guess I will wait for further development all around 'cause this dummy can't figure it out!

Thanks as always.

I have, version 8.0.0, and had the mobi-flight connect program running.

But I may be way off here; I am trying to use GoFlight modules and Thrustmaster MFD Cougar devices to map those functions to.

I can't find any documentation for doing this anywhere so maybe it's just not possible.

Have any users out there been successful at this?