The simFlight Network Forums

problem with park brakes

Apologies for this ,and please forgive my lack of understanding.

I for many years have had no trouble setting up fsuipc on p3dv4 and v5 with the registered version.

I have recently got a brand new pc and i'm reinstalling both p3dv4 and v5. I downloaded the latest version of v6 and installed it and then proceeded to set it up which works for most buttons (i'm using an x55 stick and throttle. I have no rudder pedals ).

For years I have used one of the paddles on the stick to toggle my parkbrake on and off and had no problems, but today when i toggle this paddle the park brake flashes briefly but nothing actually happens this is on p3dv4.5. However I have also installed p3dv5 and it automatically see's that I have assigned this paddle for parking brake and it works quite happily.

despite the fact that although default aircraft they are different types .

I know its not the p3dv4 aircraft as I have assigned this paddle before to it and it worked  fine.

Does anyone have any ideas why the park brake works ok in p3dv5 but not in p3dv4. or am i doing something stupid?

Thanks

9 hours ago, mazelda said:

Does anyone have any ideas why the park brake works ok in p3dv5 but not in p3dv4. or am i doing something stupid?

The parking brake control is just a simple toggle, "Parking brakes". It is identical on P3D4 and 5, and, indeed, has been the exact same since FS98 days.

Are you using a separate FSUIPC6 installation for the two sims, or a common one, with one lot of settings?  We need to see your FSUIPC6.INI file so we can see your settings. If you have separate installations for the two sims, show us both, appropriately labelled.

Pete

As well as what Pete says, you can also activate logging for Buttons & Keys and Events (non-axes controls) and check to see whats happening when you activate the button assigned to your Parking Brakes. You can see this in real-time if you open the log console window, and also attach your FSUIPC6.log file if/when you attach your FSUIPC6.ini.

Hi guys, I m still playing around with this but having no luck.

I have uninstalled fsuipc and then reinstalled and did it one sim at a time, so i have 2 separate installs. But it made no difference.

I have attatached  my ini files and log files for both platforms I have only done a couple of test buttons for each. P3dv5 seems fine but p3dv4 parking brake flashes on the off again. 

FSUIPC6_p3dv4.ini FSUIPC6_p3dv4.log FSUIPC6_p3dv5.ini FSUIPC6_p3dv5.log

First, please update to the latest version of FSUIPC6, v6.0.12. You are still using v6.0.0 which is quite old now, and only the latest version is supported.

Also, please change to use JoyLetters, by setting the following in both of your FSUIPC7.ini files in the [JoyNames] section:
      AutoAssignLetters=Yes
(not related to your issue but best to set this to prevent problems later if your joystick IDs change)

You also didn't activate the required logging in your P3Dv4 test, where you have the problem. So, after updating to the latest version (and have updated your ini as above), please redo the test on P3Dv4 but with Buttons & Keys and Event logging activated.
Then show me you FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.ini files from your P3Dv4 installation. No need to show me the P3Dv5 ones if its working there.

14 hours ago, mazelda said:

I have uninstalled fsuipc and then reinstalled

Not sure why you'd do that.

14 hours ago, mazelda said:

I have attatached  my ini files and log files for both platforms I have only done a couple of test buttons for each. P3dv5 seems fine but p3dv4 parking brake flashes on the off again. 

You haven't enabled the button or event logging for P3D4, only P3D5, so the P3d4 log is not useful.

Test your assignments with default aircraft. Not sure why you'd only have Parking Brakes assigned for a single profile in any case, as it will be a very generally used control. Maybe your P3D4 aircraft (which isn't the same one you are assigning with in P3D5) handles its Parking brake differently.

BTW there's a problem in the Registry indicated by this:

156    WARNING: Joystick ID 1 is duplicated in Registry
      156    WARNING: Joystick ID 0 is duplicated in Registry

That's not good, but it doesn't seem to affect FSUIPC as the correct ones seem to be selected. However, rather than uninstall FSUIPC and re-install it might have been better to unplug then uninstall your control devices (via Windows Device Manager), power off the PC, plug them back in and power on again so the Registry entries get re-written.

But I don't think this is anything to do with your Parking brakes problem. Check with default aircraft, and check that the normal default key assignment in P3d is working.

Pete

Thanks guys, i will crack on with your ideas/requests and get back to you.

Work commitments are getting in the way

Normally i have several assignments setup, but as i was having an issue with the parking brakes, i just set one thing up to test.

And as i had fsuipc setup with a single install i uninstalled and started again so i can keep both setups completely separate

Thanks for help and will send you the info when i'm on days off next

Rgds

Pete

Hi guys hopefully this is what you require.

I have no idea why there continue to be duplicate entries for the joystick its really driving me nuts and I don't know what else to try I have deleted the joystick and throttle in device manager and turned the pc off  but they still reappear.

anyway here are the ini files and logs. I've added the joyscan as well no idea if of any use but no harm i suppose

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv

Try this:

1) Unplug the joystick and throttle

2) Uninstall in device manager

3) reboot

4) Edit your FSUIPC6.ini file [Joynames] as follows:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
A=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick << MISSING JOYSTICK >>
A.GUID={20AEA380-71FE-11EB-8001-444553540000}
B=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
B.GUID={20AEA380-71FE-11EB-8003-444553540000}
0=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
0.GUID={20AEA380-71FE-11EB-8002-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
1.GUID={20AEA380-71FE-11EB-8003-444553540000}
A=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
A.GUID={20AEA380-71FE-11EB-8002-444553540000}

5) plug the joystick and throttle back

6) reboot

See if that helps.

You can try as @Masteriussuggests (except edit as below), but that may not work either - sometimes you need to edit the registry to remove such entries. However, they are only warnings and not important - they won't have anything to do with your issue. 

Your Parking Brake isn't currently working as your 'A' device is missing. Changes the [JoyNames] section to the following:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
A=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
A.GUID={20AEA380-71FE-11EB-8002-444553540000}
B=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
B.GUID={20AEA380-71FE-11EB-8003-444553540000}
0=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
0.GUID={20AEA380-71FE-11EB-8002-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
1.GUID={20AEA380-71FE-11EB-8003-444553540000}

Hi John,

Well no joy on that, but have some more info.

After try what masterius suggested unfortunately as soon as i unplug the stick and throttle they do not show up in device manager to remove.

So I think i would probably need to remove via the reg info and I have no idea how to find the relevent sections when using regedit.

I then tried your suggestion and altered the relevant lines and removed the missing joystick line. I shut down and restarted just in case and fired up p3dv4, no joy again and if i look at the ini file it show a missing joystick as C=

Just out of scratching my head I thought I would try just using the keyboard command for the parking brake but that does not work either, so i'm starting to wonder if it is the p3dv4 install instead. What are your thoughts?

I'm beginning to wonder if it might be that, that is at fault

cheers 

Pete

just an update as i've been playing around with this all day and found some weird stuff going on.

firstly with p3dv4.5 the button that i normally assign to the park brakes for the default f22 does not work nor does any other button I choose for the park brake . but if I choose another default aircraft or a purchased addon aircraft if I select another button on my joystick for the parking brake it all works fine. and I can operate as normal.

Going over to p3d v5 the button that is unresponsive in p3dv4 works fine with no problems on default or purchased addon aircraft 

any ideas why this is happening?

cheers

Pete

10 hours ago, mazelda said:

firstly with p3dv4.5 the button that i normally assign to the park brakes for the default f22 does not work nor does any other button I choose for the park brake . but if I choose another default aircraft or a purchased addon aircraft if I select another button on my joystick for the parking brake it all works fine. and I can operate as normal.

What about testing with the keyboard first? 

Possibly the add-on aircraft is doing something different. You could enable Event logging in FSUIPC's Logging Tab, and see what gets logged when operating the parking brake -- with keypress, button and mouse.

It may be something such as the toe brakes seeming stuck on. You may not have toe brakes, but it is possible that the flight saved for that aircraft has them on.  A more sophisticated add-on aircraft might release parking brake when any pressure is placed on the toe brakes that's quite a normal way of releasing it in a real aircraft). Maybe pressing the '.' key on the keyboard (default assignment for the brakes) will release them if so. and it would explain a possible difference between your P3D4 and P3D5 (because not much else could be different).

Pete

Can you also please post your ini and log files again for both installations. I need to see these each time you make any changes.
It should not have showed a 'missing C joystick' if you had made the changes that I suggested (there was no C joystick!) rather than those of Masterius.
You problem with the parking brakes on P3Dv5 was that it was assigned to a device with letter A, which had changed GUIs and was -re-registered as device C. The changes I proposed would have corrected this.
But now its probably better to show me your files again and we can go from there.