The simFlight Network Forums

Honeycomb Yoke

Is there anyway to implement a dual yoke switch on FSUIPC. I have the honeycomb yoke which in real life requires two trim switches to be activated to use the yoke, is there a feature on FSUIPC or has someone created a script to do this? I tried using linda but I do not have to time to learn LUA code.

Thanks! 

11 hours ago, Rason Bryant said:

I tried using linda but I do not have to time to learn LUA code.

I thought that one of the main features of Linda was that it provided the lua scripts that you need so you don't have to write the lua scripts yourself...
You can, of course, use lua in FSUIPC without using Linda.

11 hours ago, Rason Bryant said:

Is there anyway to implement a dual yoke switch on FSUIPC. I have the honeycomb yoke which in real life requires two trim switches to be activated to use the yoke

I don't know what you mean by this... What do you mean by 'in real life'? Its a hardware controller, it is real life... And what do you mean by 'requires two trim switches to be activated to use the yoke' mean? There are plenty of folks using the Honeycomb Alpha with FSUIPC and this is the first I have heard of this...

I do have a Honeycomb yoke, but its still boxed since it arrived 2-3 weeks ago, as I just haven't had time to take a look at it yet....

40 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I don't know what you mean by this... What do you mean by 'in real life'? Its a hardware controller, it is real life... And what do you mean by 'requires two trim switches to be activated to use the yoke' mean?

Hi John,

He's referring to the fact that in many real aircraft (Boeings for certain) the electric trim switch on the yoke is actually two switches side-by-side. Operating only one of them does nothing, you have to use them both together. (On my PFC yoke they are wired to only operate together in any case).

He can program this by a simple conditional prefix on one of them, and only have that one assigned. e.g.

1=CR(+A,5)A,6,65607,0

for trim down, assuming joystick A, switches 5 and 6,

Same sort of thing for trim up, and it's accomplished.

Pete

5 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Hi John,

He's referring to the fact that in many real aircraft (Boeings for certain) the electric trim switch on the yoke is actually two switches side-by-side. Operating only one of them does nothing, you have to use them both together. (On my PFC yoke they are wired to only operate together in any case).

He can program this by a simple conditional prefix on one of them, and only have that one assigned. e.g.

1=CR(+A,5)A,6,65607,0

Pete

Thank you Ill test it out! I hope it works for addon aircraft as well. ! I primarily use LINDA that way all my controls always work per aircraft. 

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I thought that one of the main features of Linda was that it provided the lua scripts that you need so you don't have to write the lua scripts yourself...
You can, of course, use lua in FSUIPC without using Linda.

I don't know what you mean by this... What do you mean by 'in real life'? Its a hardware controller, it is real life... And what do you mean by 'requires two trim switches to be activated to use the yoke' mean? There are plenty of folks using the Honeycomb Alpha with FSUIPC and this is the first I have heard of this...

I do have a Honeycomb yoke, but its still boxed since it arrived 2-3 weeks ago, as I just haven't had time to take a look at it yet....

Sorry, I misspoke and Pete explained it perfectly. In real aircraft dual trim switches are supposed to be sort of a dead man switch. You have to press both switches to activate the electric trim to prevent accidental trim activation. This is how most GA aircraft's electronic trim switches work. On the honeycomb yoke on the left side there is two trim switches (the original intended purpose) and I would like to use them just like in real life. You would need to hold both down or up to get a electronic trim response. In XP11 for example they have it built into the game to do this. I was trying to see if FSUIPC could allow this to happen as well. 

13 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Hi John,

1=CR(+A,5)A,6,65607,0

Pete

I read the manual and I got it to work thanks!!! 

Edited by Rason Bryant

• 9 months later...

Im bumping this because im having an issue with FSUIPC6. 

The line looks like this

1=RB(+B,7)B,5,C65607,0

However i keep getting a line error ignored message.

Thanks!  

disregard i figured it out again.. 

Edited by Rason Bryant
fixed