The simFlight Network Forums

Honeycomb Bravo rocker switches and using both LUA scripts but only Alpha will work.

paulinyyz

3 hours ago, paulinyyz said:

Hi John, attached is the latest log using the HidTest.lua script you sent and the v7.0.7b executable.

Ok, thanks. I'll take a look on Monday. However, it would be a lot easier to interpret if you could tell me what you actually did....!
Could you generate the same log again, but write down what buttons you are trying. Try one that works first (i.e. with a button number < 32), then one that doesn't work (>32), followed by another one that does (so, only three button presses on the bravo). Then post the log again with the description (or just add the description to the log already posted).

Thanks.

On 3/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, paulinyyz said:

Button presses were 16 (works), 34 (does not work) and 8 (works).

The log isn't showing anything for button 34. It looks like buttons with numbers > 31 are just not being registered. I don't know why this is happening.
You could try the FSUIPC version that supports up to 128 buttons (when ready), but I'm not sure this would help. It would be good if you could try another Bravo to see if its an issue with your device (as other Bravo users don't have this issue), but that may be tricky....

Sorry, not sure what to advise next, except to wait and try the 128 button update.

The Bravo is/are few and far between so would be easy to get another. I would like to try the FSUIPC version with support up to 128 buttons, who knows what can happen.

Thanks for all your effort, I will let you know if anything changes.

Paul

5 minutes ago, paulinyyz said:

I would like to try the FSUIPC version with support up to 128 buttons, who knows what can happen.

Ok. I was planning on releasing this first in FSUIPC6. Do you have or use that (i.e. with P3Dv4 or v5)? If not, its not an issue. I can make a provate release of this with FSUIPC7 for you to try (i.e. before I release as a beta).

Yes, I can use FSUIPC6, I have the paid version which I use with P3Dv5 which I am going to spend more time on, tried the >32 switched with that but it was so long ago now I can't recall where I left it. Can also try FSUIPC7 with MSFS 2020.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, paulinyyz said:

Yes, I can use FSUIPC6, I have the paid version which I use with P3Dv5 which I am going to spend more time on, tried the >32 switched with that but it was so long ago now I can't recall where I left it.

Ok. Try with FSUIPC6 first. I will release this in the next day or two. Would also be good to know if the >32 button lua worked for you in FSUIPC6. I would presume not, with the lua interface + script being the same....

Hi John,

I think I am just flogging a dead horse here, the new .dll for FSUIPC6 works with the Alpha but still nothing with the Bravo so I can only assume that the seven switches are defective. I know they are doing something because in MSFS when I assign one of them to a switch function, the switch can no longer be moved with the mouse, it is jammed or jiggles rapidly, just not doing the right thing.

I have tried to contact Honeycomb but have not had a reply yet and not sure if I will even receive one.

Paul

9 minutes ago, paulinyyz said:

I think I am just flogging a dead horse here, the new .dll for FSUIPC6 works with the Alpha but still nothing with the Bravo so I can only assume that the seven switches are defective. I know they are doing something because in MSFS when I assign one of them to a switch function, the switch can no longer be moved with the mouse, it is jammed or jiggles rapidly, just not doing the right thing.

Yes, it seems that way. I presume its working for other Bravo users, or at least I have not heard of any other reports like yours. It does sound like its defective.
Sorry, but I don't think there is anything else I can advise...

11 minutes ago, paulinyyz said:

I have tried to contact Honeycomb but have not had a reply yet and not sure if I will even receive one.

My contact at Honeycomb has gone silent as well for some reason... they had said they were going to send me a Bravo last year, but nothing so far has arrived....

Btw, I have also just released FSUIPC7 with support for up to 128 buttons, but I don't think this will help you...

John

No, I can't see them in the way you would press the switch and have it respond with the corresponding number in FSUIPC. What you can do in the Controls section of MSFS is select the Bravo throttle and select the known button position. I know that the first toggle/rocker switch is 34 and 35 so I can assign pitot heat on/off but what happens is the switch on the panel is stuck either up or down, so the button are connected somewhere. It is as if in FSUIPC you could overwrite the joystick button numbers and enter what you liked.

The levers each have a detente at the bottom which when moved past the detente becomes a button press, what I just discovered is when moving the lever which when moved through the detente becomes button #33, FSUIPC7 with the new .exe identifies it as #132. But when one of the seven toggles is pressed, nothing.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:50 AM, John Dowson said:

Yes, it seems that way. I presume its working for other Bravo users, or at least I have not heard of any other reports like yours. It does sound like its defective.
Sorry, but I don't think there is anything else I can advise...

My contact at Honeycomb has gone silent as well for some reason... they had said they were going to send me a Bravo last year, but nothing so far has arrived....

Btw, I have also just released FSUIPC7 with support for up to 128 buttons, but I don't think this will help you...

John

Sorry to butt in here but I recently received my Bravo to go along with my Alpha and I can report that the toggle switches Paul is referring to are not recognized by FSUIPC7. MSFS2020 does recognize them and I can assign them within the control options section of the sim. But I cannot assign them within FSUIPC although they do show up as events in the event log. As you may know all the toggle switches on both the Alpha and Bravo continually generate events in either the On or Off position so reading the FSUIPC event log, live is undoable as everything is continuously scrolling up. This also causes a bug in the rotatory switches on the Bravo such that the increments are changed from 100 to 1000 for altitude and 1 to 10 for heading. Sorry, just wanted you know... Thanks...

5 hours ago, sep23 said:

Sorry to butt in here but I recently received my Bravo to go along with my Alpha and I can report that the toggle switches Paul is referring to are not recognized by FSUIPC7.

Ok. but this is the second report I have no heard of this. There are many other Bravo users using the lua script - is this actually working for anybody? How about the 128 button beta release?
As the script has been downloaded and presumably used many times, I thought that this issue was  specific to a user - or two, but could be mistaken.
Not having the Bravo, it is difficult to check - but I have the Alpha and that works fine (either using the lua script or the 128 beta release).

5 hours ago, sep23 said:

As you may know all the toggle switches on both the Alpha and Bravo continually generate events in either the On or Off position
This also causes a bug in the rotatory switches on the Bravo such that the increments are changed from 100 to 1000 for altitude and 1 to 10 for heading.

Yes. And this is also the reason why many folks switched to using FSUIPC for controlling the Alpha/Bravo, to get around this.

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

How about the 128 button beta release?

I'm using the 7.1.0a beta and no problems with the rocker switches on both the Alpha and Bravo.
I can assign every button and switch via the normal button assignments with that version:
53=PB,135,C66072,0     -{PITOT_HEAT_ON}-
54=PB,136,C66073,0     -{PITOT_HEAT_OFF}-

Before I was using my own custom lua scripts for those, but now I could shift everything of the Alpha/Bravo inputs from lua to standard configuration (except some custom logic I have left in lua to detect if I'm dialing the input dial slow or fast).

On 3/23/2021 at 3:17 AM, John Dowson said:

Ok. but this is the second report I have no heard of this. There are many other Bravo users using the lua script - is this actually working for anybody? How about the 128 button beta release?
As the script has been downloaded and presumably used many times, I thought that this issue was  specific to a user - or two, but could be mistaken.
Not having the Bravo, it is difficult to check - but I have the Alpha and that works fine (either using the lua script or the 128 beta release).

Just to be clear, I did not know about using a LUA script to circumvent the issue with the rocker switches on the Bravo (greater than 32 buttons) when I posted my earlier message. But I did end up trying the LUA script and it worked perfectly for me. Now I have the 7.1.0a beta and obviously removed the LUA script and it is working perfectly for me as well. Thanks for all your work on this, John!