The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Beta release v7.1.0: Native support for up to 128 buttons

John Dowson

2 minutes ago, gunter said:

Hello, this is a long awaited update from me, because I own a HID device MCDU with 74 buttons. Just tested, seems to work properly on all buttons. Thank you very much! Best regards Günter

Which device do you use for mcdu ?

I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but compound buttons seem to no longer work (existing ones that worked before and new ones), even when they are in the old <32 button range (none of those work):

55=CR(+A,6)A,4,C65615,0 	-{ELEV_TRIM_UP}-
56=CR(+A,7)A,5,C65607,0 	-{ELEV_TRIM_DN}-
57=CR(+A,11)A,9,C66279,0 	-{RUDDER_TRIM_RIGHT}-
58=CR(+A,10)A,8,C66278,0 	-{RUDDER_TRIM_LEFT}-

65=CP(+B,20)B,12,C65892,0 	-{AP_ALT_VAR_INC}-
66=CP(+B,20)B,13,C65893,0 	-{AP_ALT_VAR_DEC}-
67=CP(+B,19)B,12,C65894,0 	-{AP_VS_VAR_INC}-
68=CP(+B,19)B,13,C65895,0 	-{AP_VS_VAR_DEC}-
69=CP(+B,18)B,12,C65879,0 	-{HEADING_BUG_INC}-
70=CP(+B,18)B,13,C65880,0 	-{HEADING_BUG_DEC}-
71=CP(+B,17)B,12,C65663,0 	-{VOR1_OBI_INC}-
72=CP(+B,17)B,13,C65662,0 	-{VOR1_OBI_DEC}-
73=CP(+B,16)B,12,C65896,0 	-{AP_SPD_VAR_INC}-
74=CP(+B,16)B,13,C65897,0 	-{AP_SPD_VAR_DEC}-

Only pressing button A4:

407578 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=4 (A), Btn=4, Pressed
   407578 [Buttons] 55=CR(+A,6)A,4,C65615,0
   407578 .... Condition (+A,6) = FALSE
   407766 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=4 (A), Btn=4, Released

Pressing A4 while holding A6, same output, I would expect condition true:

412562 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=4 (A), Btn=4, Pressed
   412562 [Buttons] 55=CR(+A,6)A,4,C65615,0
   412562 .... Condition (+A,6) = FALSE
   412687 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=4 (A), Btn=4, Released

EDIT:
For comparison the output from 7.0.7 (same config):

29703 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=4 (A), Btn=4, Pressed
    29703 [Buttons] 55=CR(+A,6)A,4,C65615,0
    29703 .... Condition (+A,6) = TRUE
    29703 Repeating flag set: bRef=0, Joy=4, Btn=4 (RepeatDelayCtr=1)
    29703 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65615, Param=0 ELEV_TRIM_UP
    29781 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=4 (A), Btn=4, Released

Edited by jaxx
Added 7.0.7 comparison

6 minutes ago, jaxx said:

I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but compound buttons seem to no longer work (existing ones that worked before and new ones), even when they are in the old <32 button range (none of those work):

Ok - sounds like its something we've missed. I'll take a look - but next week now.

John

• John Dowson changed the title to FSUIPC7 Beta release v7.1.0: Native support for up to 128 buttons

A new version has been released that contains:
    - a fix for the compound button issue mentioned above
    - a correction to an offset monitoring panel issue
    - a fix for a bug that prevented axes working when FSUIPC7 started when MSFS already running with a flight loaded

I have also changed the version number for this release, and the beta release for 128 button support is now version 7.1.0a.
Please see the announcement to download the latest version.

Thanks for the good work John. Unravelling MSFS is a challenging task to say the least. I am wrestling with remoting the Honeywell FMS for the Airbus A32NX at least as a button box & later as a screen unit once we are unable to undock & say goodbye to the wretched 3D cockpit system. Am wondering if the GPS 1000 Controls listed from 60748 to 60800 will work though there is no alphabet or numerals in that list.

I pushed the buttons & checked the FSUIPC Log only to find all gave the same log reading which was not encouraging.

What are your thoughts about this?.. 

20 hours ago, pineypete said:

Am wondering if the GPS 1000 Controls listed from 60748 to 60800 will work though there is no alphabet or numerals in that list.

Presume you mean 66748 to 66800....

There have been many reports on many of these events not working (both in the FSUIPC as well as the Asobo forums). However, there are MobiFlght events for the G1000 which are working, so you should try with them (you will need to install the MF WASM module - there are various posts on this here, on Asobo forums and on MF).

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Is anyone using this beta release? If so, I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

I'm using the beta, John. I stopped usnig the lua files for the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo and, so far, it's working fine.

I think I also mentioned it in another thread a few days ago, I'm using the beta as well and so far no problems. Was flying every evening this week and everything works, no crashes or bugs and configuration of the >32 buttons is working as expected. 👍

On 3/28/2021 at 4:21 AM, Adn said:

hello , 

I can't set my switch on honeycomb bravo and mag left both star on alpha . FSUIPC7 dont detect my button.

Are you sure you're using the 7.1.0 beta version? I have the same device and could configure that through the GUI just fine
magneto.PNG.9b582f2f1cfd01e7d9c4f32ba42dcae7.PNG
The resulting entries in the ini were:
60=PA,30,C66023,0     -{MAGNETO_OFF}-
61=PA,31,C66024,0     -{MAGNETO_RIGHT}-
62=PA,132,C66025,0     -{MAGNETO_LEFT}-
63=PA,133,C66026,0     -{MAGNETO_BOTH}-
64=PA,134,C66027,0     -{MAGNETO_START}-

Do you maybe still have the LUA scripts active for the alpha/bravo buttons? I don't know, but maybe those could interfere?

On 3/28/2021 at 4:21 AM, Adn said:

I can't set my switch on honeycomb bravo and mag left both star on alpha . FSUIPC7 dont detect my button.

As @jaxx says, please check you are using the correct version. If you still have the lua scripts active, the buttons will still be recognised but you will get two buttone presses - one for the "real" button and one for the virtual one (with device number 64 or 65). Of course, the UI will only show one of these, but if you 'ignore' the initial onw shown and press the button again, you will see the other. To prevent this, you should remove the lua scripts when using the 7.1.0a beta version and just use the "real" button for assignment.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, master_yan said:

Will updating to the b version of the beta file require remapping anything?

Its up to you. You can still use the lua file in the beta version, with either the 128 button support enabled or disabled - from the Announcement page:

This new facility can be disabled (i.e. revert to the 32 button limit and use lua for buttons > 32) by adding the following ini parameter to the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini file:
        EnableExtraButtons=No

You should try it, as its good to have people not using this feature (as well as people using this as well as the luas) to also test this beta. This will also be the official release at some point -  hopefully pretty soon as I have had no further reports of any issues.

John

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a new user for both the Honeycomb Alpha and FSUIPC7, so I downloaded and installed 7.1.0b for support of the mag switch. In the Button & Switch Assignments popup, when I move the mag switch to R from Off, it does display 31 for the Btn# field as expected.  But when I move it to R from L (in other words, from the opposite direction), it displays 255. I haven't yet tried actually configuring both 255 and 31 with the "Magneto Right" control -- maybe it would work -- but I wouldn't think this behavior is expected.

Here's a link to an animated gif of the popup when I move the switch rightwards, from Off to R then L then Both then Start; then rightwards to Both then L then R.  The 255 code for Btn# only shows up when moving from L to R.  All the other Btn# codes seem correct to me.

FWIW, here is a gif showing the codes returned by all the buttons.

Thanks for the support. 

Edited by Blake Buhlig
Added additional gif for context

6 hours ago, Blake Buhlig said:

'm a new user for both the Honeycomb Alpha and FSUIPC7, so I downloaded and installed 7.1.0b for support of the mag switch. In the Button & Switch Assignments popup, when I move the mag switch to R from Off, it does display 31 for the Btn# field as expected.  But when I move it to R from L (in other words, from the opposite direction), it displays 255. I haven't yet tried actually configuring both 255 and 31 with the "Magneto Right" control -- maybe it would work -- but I wouldn't think this behavior is expected.

This has been fixed in the latest beta, v7.1.0f, available here: 

The beta for the 128 update has been superceeded by a ne beta with lvar/hvar support. Sorry, I should mention that on the announcement - I will add that now.

Hello,

My A320 MCDU PCB has 74 buttons and is connected via USB.

FSUIPC_7.1.0f recognizes all keys, they have numbering from 0 to 179 and all can be assigned to the corresponding functions in the menu "Button and switches".
However, in the simulator only the inputs of the keys 0 to 161 are recognized, not those from 162 to 179. Is there anything I can do?

Regards Günter

3 minutes ago, gunter said:

However, in the simulator only the inputs of the keys 0 to 161 are recognized, not those from 162 to 179. Is there anything I can do?

I'm not sure what you mean... Do you mean the assignments to your buttons 162-179 are not working? Or that you cannot assign to those in MSFS? (and by keys, I presume you mean buttons, no?
If the former (assignments not working), please activate logging for Buttons & Keys as well as Events, and produce a short log file where you press those buttons, then show me your FSUIPC7.log file as well as your FSUIPC7.ini file. If its the latter, then thats more a question for Asobo, but why do you need to assign in MSFS if they can be seen and assigned in  FSUIPC7?

35 minutes ago, gunter said:

Here is the log and ini file, I pressed the MCDU buttons A (138), B (147), C (156), D (165) and E (174). At least that's how they are assigned in fsuipc.

Ah, you are using MobiFlight events... Presumably you have the MobiFlight WASM installed, no? Which FBW mod are you using?
Maybe try switching mods, otherwise, as these are MobiFlight events, you will need MobiFlight support for this.
However, most MobiFlight just trigger lvars or hvars. You could look at the available lvars/hvars for the A320 and see if there are any you can use instead of the MF events.

And, BTW, the log you attached was a continuation log, so doesn't tell me much (not even the aircraft you were using). In future, when I ask for logs, please attach the full log.