The simFlight Network Forums

Registered version. All my axes seem to be reset.

TactiCol

Hi Folks.

I've not been flying for about a month and on returning to the flight sim today none of my axes are responding (honeycomb yoke and CH quadrant). They were all set up previously via FSUIPC v 7.0.3. I've kind of forgotten how I did it at the time too as I read up on it at the time to get it functioning (profile specific) but have forgotten most of what I have learned and obviously don't use FSUIPC7 much other than letting it handle my inputs so I'm a bit lost with setting it all back up again (I can relearn obviously but I'd just like my old settings back). Any idea why FSUPIC is behaving this way? I had everything the way I wanted it too. I don't use the MSFS control configs in the sim itself as it was causing issues. Profile specific is now greyed out too when trying to configure axes. I just want to get things back to the way they were. Any help would be much appreciated.

First, please make sure you are using the latest official release, v7.0.8. If not using that, please update first.

Then, I need to see your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files.

16 minutes ago, TactiCol said:

Profile specific is now greyed out too when trying to configure axes.

That just means that you already have a profile assigned to the loaded aircraft.

Note also that, by default, when you create a profile for an aircraft, the full aircraft name is used to assign to the profile. So, if you load a slightly different version of the aircraft, the profile won't be assigned. Rather than re-assigning the aircraft to the same profile, you should edit your ini file to give a substring name for the aircraft that identifies all versions of the  aircraft (and no others). Your profile assignments will then work with all versions of that aircraft.

Thanks for getting back so quickly John. I will get all that sorted out and get it uploaded or mailed to you.

I'm not sure what's happened inside the sim either to the TBM but it's an absolute nightmare to fly right now. It's causing chaos with the logitech multipanel turning AP on and off etc (3 x radio panels seemed fine though). Tried to do a quick Dundee to Leuchars to see if I could get everything functioning and ended up turning it off out of sheer frustration. Actually considering just selling up the flight sim hardware (or at least putting it away) at this stage and revisiting in six months to a years time. It's becoming a complete chore just keeping up to date and getting everything working properly because every time I do find a sweet spot, along come Asobo to mess something else up.

Kind of takes the joy out of flying.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini

John. Where are these files. I can find every other file relative to FSUIPC7 including KEY, config and .joyscan etc but I cannot for the life of me find ini and log. I am having some neurological issues at present and do get a bit of brain fog. I have so much stuff open and so much stuff going on at the moment that I am just in a mind blank. I've even searched my system using the windows search feature. This is what I see in the folder.

FSUIPC7_FOLDER.png

14 minutes ago, TactiCol said:

Where are these files. I can find every other file relative to FSUIPC7 including KEY, config and .joyscan etc but I cannot for the life of me find ini and log

You have Windows set to hide file types, so you aren't seeing the .log and .ini types. Please refer to the section

Finding and Editing files relating to FSUIPC and WideFS

on page 6 of the FSUIPC7 User Guide.

The .ini file is simply labelled as "Configuration settings". The .log would be a "Text Document" like the one for the Installer. Youdon't seem to have one for FSUIPC, which implies that it has not yet been run.

Pete

14 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

You have Windows set to hide file types, so you aren't seeing the .log and .ini types. Please refer to the section

Finding and Editing files relating to FSUIPC and WideFS

on page 6 of the FSUIPC7 User Guide.

The .ini file is simply labelled as "Configuration settings". The .log would be a "Text Document" like the one for the Installer. Youdon't seem to have one for FSUIPC, which implies that it has not yet been run.

Pete

That's strange as my windows has always been set to show hidden files. Especially as we use mods a lot for other games. Oddly the "hide extensions for known file types" was checked which I distinctly remember unchecking some time ago. I'm assuming there was no log as I'd just done the 7.0.8 updated and did not run FSUIPC7 at least once after install. I've sorted it all now and have uploaded the files.

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

Did or do you have a Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant?  Of not, you can remove these lines from your [JoyNames] section:

A=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant << MISSING JOYSTICK >>
  A.GUID={2AA55AD0-177E-11EB-8002-444553540000}
  C=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
  C.GUID={AC57F5C0-4ECD-11EB-8001-444553540000}
  D=Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant
  D.GUID={0BF99240-4F2D-11EB-8002-444553540000}

And also your assignments to device 'A':

19=PA,2,K72,9     -{Key press: shft+H}-
  20=PA,3,K80,24     -{Key press: alt+P}-

Other than that, your ini looks ok, although you should change this:

TrafficStallTime=1
InitialStallTime=30
NormalStallTime=1

to

TrafficStallTime=-2
InitialStallTime=120
NormalStallTime=-2

You log shows that you didn't even load an aircraft, so I don't know why your assignments weren't working. Please load an aircraft and then if your assignments aren't working, show me your updated log and ini files.

Note that all your axes assignments are in your TBM930 profile - you have no general axis assignments, so you won't have any axes working except in the TBM930. You do have some general button assignments, all to key presses. Your TBM930 profile button presses are to controls, which is generally better.

Thanks for the response John and apologies if I was a little negative yesterday. Received some not so good news that kind of clouded my outlook.

I did have the Saitek throttle quadrant (two of them) but they had so much noise on the potentiometers that I had to return them and opted for the CH quadrant instead. I will remove the lines you suggested and change the Trafficstall, Initialstall and Normalstall as recommended.

I did load an aircraft. The TBM 930. I flew (or rather attempted to) from EGPN to EGQL. The log and ini files that I sent were from the clean install of the 7.0.8 install that you recommended so I am not sure if that is why there is no record of that. 

What would be the quickest and easiest way to set my TBM profile to a global one and just work from that making necessary additions to individual profiles as required?

Again, thank you to you and Pete for the help.

1 hour ago, TactiCol said:

What would be the quickest and easiest way to set my TBM profile to a global one and just work from that making necessary additions to individual profiles as required?

Better to keep your TBM as profile specific. You can copy your TBM axis profile section to the general axis section, then that can be used by other/all aircraft (not in a specific profile) and also change as needed (without affecting the TBM). You can then import those assignments when you create another new profile (although you can do this also by specifying a new profile based upon your TBM one). It is always a good idea to have at least the main axes defined in your general axis section.

If you experience your issue again (i.e. axis controls not wprking), then please show me your latest FSUIPC7.ini and .log files from that session. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John.

Sorry to bother you again with this. I have followed your instructions regarding editing the config file. When you say copy the axis profile from the TBM to the general axes section, am I right in assuming you mean under the following lines in the .ini file?

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10

Thanks again for all your assistance.

27 minutes ago, TactiCol said:

When you say copy the axis profile from the TBM to the general axes section, am I right in assuming you mean under the following lines in the .ini file?

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10

Thats the general Axes section, where you want to copy the assignments from your [Axes.TBM] (or whatever your TBM profile is called) to.