The simFlight Network Forums

Bravo Throttle FSUIPC4

Hello.

I must be the only one, but I still run FS2004 from time to time. I got the Honeycomb yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant and wanted to set them up for FS2004. All was going well until I got to the rocker switches on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. 

Is there away to get FSUIPC4 to see the rocker switches on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant?

Thank you for your help.

18 hours ago, FSV1142 said:

Is there away to get FSUIPC4 to see the rocker switches on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant?

You can use the solution used by everyone before the 128 button versions of FSUIPC6 and FSUIPC7 were released -- the Lua plug-in "HIDdemo" provided for you in the Lua example plugins.

You have to edit it to suit your needs. See the other threads on the Honeycomb devices.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

OK, I've tried the putting the hidAlphaButtons.lua and hidBravoButtons.lua in FS2004's Modules folder where FSUICP is installed. I added the [Auto] and [LuaFiles] to the FSUIPC ini file. There is also a FSUIPC.ini file in My Documents/Flight Simulator Files.

FSUIPC still does not see the switches on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant

16 minutes ago, FSV1142 said:

I don't remember installing the FSUIPC in My Documents/Flight Simulator Files, but it been there, don't know how it got there.

Well it won't have been the FSUIPC4 Installer. It only creates and uses the Modules folder in your FSX main folder.

But, sorry:  I only just noticed that you mentioned FS2004 (=FS9), which of course preceded FSX and needs FSUIPC3 not FSUIPC4.  So can you explain this? Is your FSUIPC3 registered? Perhaps you should show us the FSUIPC.LOG file from the FS9 Modules folder.

Pete

13 minutes ago, FSV1142 said:

I've had FSUIPC 3.90 for FS2004 for many years now, so to make thing simple I deleted my FSUIPC.ini file, so a new one could build.

So, for some of those many years you've been using an out-of-date unsupported copy of FSUIPC3. You need to download and install FSUIPC 3.999z9 from FSUIPC.com.

And where's the INI file showing your loading of the Lua file for your Bravo?

Pete

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering FSV1142 if you managed also to get the Bravo's LED lights to work. I'm also using it with FS2004 and it's running fine in all other respects via FSUIPC 3.999z9. The lights though continue to elude me. 

I'm just trying to get to grips with this and am assuming I'll need the hidBravoButtons.lua file to have a chance of getting it to work. I see there is a link to this file in the forum dated 9th January but the file itself is shown as unavailable. Is there anywhere else I might be able to get hold of it?

Thanks,

Gary

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

I'm just trying to get to grips with this and am assuming I'll need the hidBravoButtons.lua file to have a chance of getting it to work. I see there is a link to this file in the forum dated 9th January but the file itself is shown as unavailable. Is there anywhere else I might be able to get hold of it?

You need more than that. The set of files with good explanations in on the link provided in the place John pointed you too, i..e

Just click this link first, then read and follow the link there, the one to GitHub. I did that in order to check that the Lua plug-ins being used are using facilities which are available in FSUIPC 3.9 -- and they are! You will probably need to adapt them for your aircraft though. It won't be the same as the one these were written for.

Pete