The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS2020 + FSUICP7 + PILOT2ATC CONNECT

I installed Pilot2ATC in January and have never connected .  I have uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS2020, fsuicp7, pilot2atc several times , but no connection

I have been told  that an icon should appear in the lower right task bar - none so far  .  My computer knowledge is limited so I don't know how to proceed

I have been in contact with the Pilot2atc people they gave me what they could no help.  I have also check my security to see if they are stopping connection

I don't believe so any kind of assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

11 hours ago, Focus42 said:

I have been told  that an icon should appear in the lower right task bar - none so far 

Then it sounds like either FSUIPC was not installed correctly or it is not auto-starting with MSFS.

First, try starting FSUIPC7 manually by double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe. If it runs ok you will see a splash screen and then the icon will appear in your system tray. If it doesn't run, you should get an error, and if thats the case you need to re-install the VC++ redistributables. Instructions for this can be found in the README.txt that is in the zip you downloaded.

If FSUIPC7 runs when you manually start it, there is a problem with the auto-start. If thats the case, I need to see your InstallFSUIPC7.log and your EXE.xml, whose location can be found in the Installation log.

Thanks for your help.  I still have a connect problem.  Starting FS7 via the .exe file DOES start the FSUIPC7 program and it does show up in the system tray.  once FS7 is started and is in the system try starting MSFS still does not connect to FS7.  Also- Pilot2ATC does not connect.  Per your instructions I've attached the 2 log files.  Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thx Bunches !

FSUIPC7.log InstallFSUIPC7.log

Were you ready to fly? In other words, no yellow prompt to Fly Now in MSFS? I think you have to run P2A only when everything is set ready.

Are you by any chance running MSFS or FSUIPC “as administrator”? Or Pilot2Atc? All three should either be run normally or in administrator mode, not at different levels.

And check that it isn’t really a P2A problem after all by running one of the example programs like TrafficLook or any other FSUIPC application. (see https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/)

BTW, do you use a different name on the P2A forum? I couldn't find your discussion there with Dave, the P2A author.

Pete

Your FSUIPC7.log shows that FSUIPC7 was running and connected to MSFS ok:

99297 Simulator detected
   133766 SimConnect_Open succeeded
   133766 Running in "KittyHawk", Version: 11.0.282174.999 (SimConnect: 11.0.62651.3)
   133766 MSFS version = 11.0.282174.999
   133766 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
   152172 User Aircraft ID not supplied -- trying default
   161766 C:\Users\BD3B484275CE462B\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-208b-grand-caravan-ex\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX\aircraft.CFG
   162329 Aircraft loaded: running normally now ...
   163188 System time = 22/04/2021 18:43:41, Simulator time = 21:43:39 (22:43Z)
   209204 Planned flight from KLEE to KMIA
   209204 C:\USERS\BD3B484275CE462B\APPDATA\LOCAL\PACKAGES\MICROSOFT.FLIGHTSIMULATOR_8WEKYB3D8BBWE\LOCALSTATE\MISSIONS\CUSTOM\CUSTOMFLIGHT\CUSTOMFLIGHT.PLN
   209454 C:\Users\BD3B484275CE462B\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT
   216750 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------

So FSUIPC7 is running and connecting ok. If you open the FSUIPC7 main window it will show that it is connected. As Pete says, make sure you are ready-to-fly and check you at running Pilot2Atc at the same privilege level (and maybe check the Pilot2ATC logs).

As for why FSUIPC7 is not starting with MSFS, can you show me this file please: C:\Users\BD3B484275CE462B\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml

I started MSFS2020 and let it go all the way no yellow prompt, then I started P2A entered my flight plan. still no connection. Dave had suggested that I turn off all the ATC connection in MSFS before I launch P2A and I did that . Still no connection

I contacted Dave on E-mail at jnoffert3@comcast.net  I just sent him a new E-Mail to check the connectivity on his side

I try to stay away from running any programs with Administrator, all 3 of these are run as normal

I will send you that file you ask for as soon as I can

Thanks Again - This is really helping, I have been stuck at zero for so long

12 minutes ago, Focus42 said:

I started MSFS2020 and let it go all the way no yellow prompt, then I started P2A entered my flight plan. still no connection. Dave had suggested that I turn off all the ATC connection in MSFS before I launch P2A and I did that . Still no connection

I contacted Dave on E-mail at jnoffert3@comcast.net  I just sent him a new E-Mail to check the connectivity on his side

I try to stay away from running any programs with Administrator, all 3 of these are run as normal

Strange then. Although I don't use P2A with MSFS I use it regularly with P3D.  The FSUIPC interface for client programs is identical for both. And of course there are quite a few P2A users having success with MSFS.

Maybe having FSUIPC7 registered will make a difference, though P2A shouldn't need it (ask Dave about that). To test this, have a go with the Trial Licence John posted in
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91420-trial-license-for-fsuipc7/

Pete

Per your request I've attached the EXE.xml file below.  Will talk with Dave about the license.  Its been a long hard road to get to this point.  I've been working on this problem since January and still do not have Pilot2ATC working with MSFS.  thanks for all your help.  Anything else you can think of that I could do to expedite the fix of this issue would be appreciated.

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
<Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
<CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>
<NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I'll leave it to John to check the FSUIPC7 loading and operating side of things, but one thing you could do to see if Pilot2ATC is even attempting to connect is to enable some logging options in FSUIPC. Go to the Log tab in the FSUIPC options and enable the IPC Reads and the IPC Writes options. Make sure MSFS is ready to fly.

THEN and only then, run Pilot2ATC.

The log will show whether it is even asking FSUIPC for any details. If it isn't, and assuming you are correct that both FSUIPC and P2A are running at the same privilege level, then I'm afraid it would back to Dave to sort out. FSUIPC cannot make the connection, it is always up to the client program.

One other thing, separately, would be to run some other FSUIPC7 client applications -- for example TrafficLook (as listed in the "Download Links -- Useful additional programs" subforum). Use the link TrafficLook. If that connects okay then it is definitely a P2A problem. Note that this program connects even without MSFS running. With IPC Reads being logged the FSUIPC7 log shows it reading these (and getting only zeroes of course):

319594 16888  READ0[4756]  02A0,   2 bytes: 00 00                                            ..
   319594 16888  READ0[4756]  0560,  24 bytes: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
   319594 16888                           00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00                          ........
   319594 16888  READ0[4756]  02B4,   4 bytes: 00 00 00 00                                      ....
   319594 16888  READ0[4756]  02C8,   4 bytes: 00 00 00 00                                      ....
   319594 16888  READ0[4756]  034E,   2 bytes: 00 00                                            ..
   319594 16888  READ0[4756]  0580,   4 bytes: 00 00 00 00                                      ....
   319594 16888  READ0[4756]  736C,   4 bytes: 00 00 00 00                                      ....
   319594 16888  READ0[4756]  F000,  4088 bytes: 28 00 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  (.`.............
   319594 16888                           00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
   ... etc (4088 zeroes altogether -- no traffic without MSFS running.

plus more after this big batch (1980 bytes from D840).

Pete

22 hours ago, Focus42 said:

I started MSFS2020 and let it go all the way no yellow prompt, then I started P2A entered my flight plan. still no connection.

Was FSUIPC running - did MSFS start it ok, or did you manually start it? If it didn't start, did you get a pop-up from MSFS saying that it couldn't be started?

Your EXE.xml looks fine.

From what you are saying, it is not clear to me if you have FSUIPC running. Please confirm FSUIPC is actually running before you start Pilot2ATC.
And doesn't Pilot2ATC have any log files? If so, what do they say? As Pete says, if FSUIPC is running ok (and connected to the FS), any problems with clients connecting are down to the client.

So I've uninstalled the FSUIPC program and completely deleted  all FSUIPC file and folders from the computer including download folder.  I then downloaded the current 

FSUIPC file, extracted the files, and ran the program from a fresh computer reboot.  Install went perfectly.  Started FSUIPC7 which intern started MSFS.  Once install was completed I noticed the FSUIPC7 icon was still not in the task bar.  I started Pilot2ATC and again - No Connection.

1 hour ago, Focus42 said:

Started FSUIPC7 which intern started MSFS.

It is MSFS that starts FSUIPC7, not the other way around. Try starting FSUIPC7 manually (by double clicking the FSUIPC7.exe) to see if it runs. If so, show me your InstallFSUIPC7.log file. If it doesn't run, tell me what error you see.
Its also in the system tray, not the task bar. When FSUIPC7 starts it displays a splash screen. If you see that, it should be in your system tray, if not, it has not been started.

Hi Again

I double clicked the FSUICP7.exe file and the icon appeared in the Systems tray with no error message, every thing seems to work just fine.

When I launch the MSFS2020 batch file the file opens OK but I don't get a connect to Pilot2ATC.   When I launch MSFS2020, FSUICP7 does not connect at all.

I get no icon in the system tray.  

I am enclosing a copy of the InstallFSUICP7.log file 

Thanks you for all your assistance

InstallFSUIPC7.log