The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not interacting with Mobiflight when using Prosim 738

ianhu

Hi.

I have been building 737 cockpit for some time.

It is predominently made up of :

Prosim 738 

FSUIPC 7

Mobiflight 8.0.1 (controlling indicator lights, gear lever, master caution buttons etc)

All has been working well until last week when for some reason FSUIPC stopped sending updates to Mobiflight. Mobiflight can see FSUIPC and MSFS2020 etc but the gear lever (indication in debug sends command) the command doe not seem to be gettting to FSUIP or Prosim. I am unsure how to see why the commands are not being executed. I have opened the debug window in Prosim and the Console Window in FSUIPC but do not see incoming events for the lever for example. 

Conviced it was Windows, I installed a seperate copy on a clean drive, set up prosim, MSFS 2020, FSUIPC 7, Mobiflight. Imported the mobiflight project. Still no interactions. 

Any help to determine what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated. I have the Paid version of FSUIPC

If any more info is needed I will gather it

Regards

Ian

Edited by ianhu
incorrect heading

• ianhu changed the title to FSUIPC not interacting with Mobiflight

If its the MobiFlight commands that are not being executed (i.e. you are assigning in MobiFlight, not FSUIPC), I think you should try the MobiFlight support (or Discord channel) first. Sorry, but I don't use MobiFlight (except the WASM) so cannot advise on this.

Mobiflight does report sending commands to FSUIPC. I logged this issue there. They want me to explore more and prove the command is reaching FSUIPC. How can I do that.

Like I said to him, I seem to be caught in the middle of two programs not playing ball and no way to determine on my own why.

Ian

Update:

I have taken the advice of the chap in the mobiflight forum. I used a basic Cessana aircraft and created a brand new config and programmed a single button (in my case gear level). I set it using EventID and I can see that when the lever is changed FSUIPC confirms is sees that incoming event from Mobiflight. 

I could use IPC read and Writes in the console but there is far too much scrolling information and I dont know how to filter is down to only what I want to see such as a specific offset. 

Could the issue be Prosim comms with FSUIPC? 

How can I trouble shoot this more. 

Regards

Ian

1 minute ago, ianhu said:

I could use IPC read and Writes in the console but there is far too much scrolling information and I dont know how to filter is down to only what I want to see such as a specific offset. 

Turn off logging for IPC Writes/Reads. If you want to log a specific offset, use the offset logging function (menu option Log -> Offsets...).  You may also want to activate Event logging, which would show the controls being sent (although you will also get some events that are continually logged - these are different for different aircraft, and can be ignored using the DontLogThese ini parameter).

4 minutes ago, ianhu said:

Could the issue be Prosim comms with FSUIPC? 

Maybe, I don't know.  I don't use Prosim or MobiFlight, sorry.

6 minutes ago, ianhu said:

I have taken the advice of the chap in the mobiflight forum. I used a basic Cessana aircraft and created a brand new config and programmed a single button (in my case gear level). I set it using EventID and I can see that when the lever is changed FSUIPC confirms is sees that incoming event from Mobiflight. 

So MobiFlight with FSUIPC works ok, its just when you use Prosim with MF + FSUIPC that you have issues?
If that's the case, maybe its Prosim support that you need? I'll add ProSim to the title of this topic and it may attract other Prosim users who may be able to help.

I thought the latest version of ProSim has direct assignments and doesn't use FSUIPC, but I may be mistaken on this....

• John Dowson changed the title to FSUIPC not interacting with Mobiflight when using Prosim 738

So MobiFlight with FSUIPC works ok, its just when you use Prosim with MF + FSUIPC that you have issues?

Yes thats right its just when I use Prosim with MF+FSUIPC.

19 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I thought the latest version of ProSim has direct assignments and doesn't use FSUIPC, but I may be mistaken on this....

I not entireley sure what you mean. Do you mean MF (which is handling the indicator lights, lever etc can deal direct with Prosim - effectively not going via FSUIPC

1 hour ago, ianhu said:

I not entireley sure what you mean. Do you mean MF (which is handling the indicator lights, lever etc can deal direct with Prosim - effectively not going via FSUIPC

No. But it doesn't matter, I don't use Prosim (or MF) and so can't advise, sorry.

5 hours ago, ianhu said:

I not entireley sure what you mean.

ProSim has a SimConnect mode which, when selected, means it is not using FSUIPC to control MSFS. I think that mode is recommended over the older FSUIPC mode, which is still supported. However, I have read some folks find FSUIPC mode still better than its own direct SimConnect mode. Presumably still some work to do on their SimConnect code.

When SimConnect is selected in ProSim I don't think FSUIPC is used at all. You are supposed to do all your assignments and calibrations in ProSim in either case.

I use ProSim, but only with P3D5. No way is MSFS yet ready for use in a full blown 737NG cockpit.

Pete