The simFlight Network Forums

Crash to Desktop - FSUIPC 7

zap737

Hi,

I just had MSFS CTD with the following from Windows  event viewer........

Faulting application name: FSUIPC7.exe, version: 7.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x6096a670
Faulting module name: FSUIPC7.exe, version: 7.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x6096a670
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000197e4
Faulting process id: 0x10e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d74887e7969dac
Faulting application path: C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
Report Id: c9cd593f-4038-4b37-9780-96c8f133dd78
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

45 minutes ago, zap737 said:

John will need to see the FSUIPC7.LOG created up to the point of the crash, and also probably the FSUIPC7.INI file so he can see your settings. A description of what you and MSFS were doing at the time would be useful too, please.

Pete

2 hours ago, zap737 said:

If it was FSUIPC that CTD, it would/should  not cause MSFS to CTD. Anyway, your FSUIPC7.log file (from the crash session) should tell us. And a description of what you were doing, what was running, is always helpful, as Pete says.

Usually (well, in all occasions so far encountered!) when this occurs, its MSFS that has crashed, which generates a fault in FSUIPC7 but FSUIPC7 still runs but closes and exits normally, due to the 'Exit with FS' option being selected. Check your windows event viewer again and see if there are any exceptions for MSFS logged.

Yes indeed just prior to the FSUIPC event there was a FS2020 exception but alas it did not say what the faulting module was !!

I have already deleted the log for FSUIPC as I tried a re-install.  Will know better next time.....

44 minutes ago, zap737 said:

Yes indeed just prior to the FSUIPC event there was a FS2020 exception but alas it did not say what the faulting module was !!

I have already deleted the log for FSUIPC as I tried a re-install.  Will know better next time.....

Ok. Next time it occurs, check you FSUIPC7.log file. If it looks like it closed down correctly, it will be MSFS that crashed. If this is repeatable, you should report to Asobo.