The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 messes up the CRJ from Aerosoft

Andreas Stangenes

Ive had the hardest time the last few days trying to get my CRJ from aerosoft to work. It spawns in dead on arrival. I cleared out my community folder, reinstalled like 15 times, and I just couldn't get it to work. Then I got the bright idea that it could be FSUIPC or Spad.next. After a few tries I have had a 100% success with turning fsuipc off. A few seconds after I start fsuipc, my sim crashes when Im flying the CRJ. When I have fsuipc on when launching the crj, it always bugs out. 100% of the time. That is with nothing else running (including spad.next).  I am on the 7.1.0 of 7th of May (fsuipc). 

I am posting this here and also posting this issue at the aerosoft crj forums. Cross posting for reference. 

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164416-crj-buggy-start/&tab=comments#comment-1044963

And just for some added info: I find that the sim runs smoother when I dont have FSUIPC running. Lately, I guess since 9th of May installing the latest version of fsuipc, I have been getting these micropauses every 18 seconds (timed it). These have completely gone away when not running fsuipc. 

I have no idea what could be causing this.. its very strange. Your log file is empty - it show the sim was detected then closed down 11 seconds later. Did FSUIPC shut down on its own? Are there any related events in the Windows Event viewer?
You could try deleting the contents of the [General] section of your ini and let that get rebuilt, as the defaults you have there are rather old and need updating. I don't think this will help with your issue though, but worth a try. Also activate logging for Extras and Events, then try again and show me your new log file, with a description of what happened - and if FSUIPC closed/shutdown/crashed, also check the windows Event viewer and show me any info there related to FSUIPC.

Thanks,

John

What actually happened in that session? The log file shows that MSFS ran for around 5mins then closed down, FSUIPC detected MSFS closed down and so exited.
Also, the aircraft you used in that session was this one:
  103828 26260 Aircraft="CRJ700ER Scandinavian Airlines New - EI-FPS"

This aircraft is NOT covered by your CRJ profile:

[Profile.CRJ]
1=CRJ550ER Privat D-ALKI
2=CRJ550 United Express N504GJ

You need to add that variant to your profile section, or, maybe better, change that profile section to the following:

Profile.CRJ]
1=CRJ

That profile will then be used for all aircraft that contain the substring 'CRJ' in the title.

Also, it looks like the CRJ is continually emitting certain events - this is normal but creates a lot of 'noise' in the log. You can ignore such events by using the DontLogThese ini parameter, e.g.

Profile.CRJ]
DontLogThese=65809,67052,67053,67280,67281
1=CRJ

Also check that you have an empty profile for your X52 in MSFS id assigning in FSUIPC7.

I had the sas livery in the world menu when i started the sim. Then I switched to the default United livery, and spawned in with that. The sim loaded the aircraft in, and if you have a look at the thread over at aerosoft forums (link in the op), you will see an exact description of the issue. 

Basically the airplane cockpit is not functional. Sometimes your views work, and you can move around. This time though it was a still picture, and I could not move or manipulate anything. I closed the sim with alt f4. After about 18 seconds the command went through and the sim closed. 

3 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I had the sas livery in the world menu when i started the sim. Then I switched to the default United livery, and spawned in with that. The sim loaded the aircraft in, and if you have a look at the thread over at aerosoft forums (link in the op), you will see an exact description of the issue. 

As I said, your log shows only the one aircraft being used, and you have NO assignments at all for that aircraft in FSUIPC. Please update your profile section as suggested.
The log also shows that dat was stalled at around 154 seconds and FSUIPC closed and re-connected. To prevent this, please change the following lines in your FSUIPC7.ini in your [General] section:

TrafficStallTime=2
InitialStallTime=120
NormalStallTime=2

to

TrafficStallTime=-2
InitialStallTime=120
NormalStallTime=-2

i.e. make the  TrafficStallTime and NormalStallTime negative. This will instruct FSUIPC to just log a message when data is stalled rather than re-connect.

11 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Basically the airplane cockpit is not functional. Sometimes your views work, and you can move around. This time though it was a still picture, and I could not move or manipulate anything. I closed the sim with alt f4. After about 18 seconds the command went through and the sim closed. 

Presume this is via the cockpit UI, no? As you have no assignments at all for the aircraft you had loaded, FSUIPC wasn't actually doing anything.

I did notice this from the CRJ forum link you posted?

I do know the one major change in versions 1.04 and 1.05 of the CRJ is the use of simconnect for controlling the throttle, spoiler and flap axes, because this works much more reliably for these controls than the technique that was used in the original release version of the CRJ and in the first update. FSUIPC is highly “simconnect-centric” so that may be the source of the problem.

That's interesting. I'm not sure how that works, and may cause priority issues if also assigning in FSUIPC as direct to fsuipc calibration. Does the CRJ come with its own configurer then for these axes?

3 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:
26 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Also check that you have an empty profile for your X52 in MSFS id assigning in FSUIPC7.

How do I check that?

Go to the MSFS controllers page and take a look at what is assigned to your device. You can create a new (empty) profile using the Preset Manager. If you create a new preset, it will be empty by default.

Sorry, but its difficult to determine what the problem is without actually having the CRJ. I see that someone is going to check the latest version with FSUIPC so lets wait until we see if they find anything. Otherwise, I'll see if I can get a (temporary) license to investigate.

John

• Like 1

Thanks, John. Youre going out of your way to help me, and I really appreciate that! 

Ive done all the changes in the ini file as your two last posts suggest. I will also make a new clean profile in msfs as you describe. 

Yes, the crj comes with a configurator for the throttle axis, much the same way as the fbw airbus. 

Ok, so I went and tested as you asked. I modified the fsuipc.ini file as per your instructions. It did not make any difference.

image.thumb.png.83712abe1a55186d7aeacf3231fbc89f.png

Here I am sitting on the runway. and the airplane is the default livery. I have made a new, blank profile for my x52 hotas. No keys bound. 

I attached a pic below to show the state of the cockpit. This time I could move my views around, click buttons etc, but nothing works. I can move the yoke left and right, but no movement is observed on the ailerons on the outside. Turning off the exterior lights in the cockpit does nothing to the exterior lights outside.

Skjermbilde.GIF

FSUIPC7.ini

I think it is strange also. It works fine when you dont have fsuipc running, but the moment you run fsuipc without the lvar bridge, the sim and the plane bugs out. And it only happens in combination with the CRJ. The other airplanes I tried (like the WT CJ4, FBW a320, C208, Heavy Division 787 etc) work fine. 

A note on performance, though, when running fsuipc without the bridge on the other airplanes: observable micropauses every 18 seconds or so will continue throughout the flight with fsuipc running without the lvar bridge. 

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

It works fine when you dont have fsuipc running, but the moment you run fsuipc without the lvar bridge, the sim and the plane bugs out. And it only happens in combination with the CRJ. The other airplanes I tried (like the WT CJ4, FBW a320, C208 etc) work fine. 

Ok. That certainly is strange and sounds like an issue with FSUIPC. I will investigate. Thanks.

• Like 1

Ok, I dont know what to do anymore *pulls hair* 😄

So today, when starting the CRJ in default liveries (all liveries are removed from the community folder), my crj got the bug again. Fsuipc is running in the background, and the fsuipc-lvar-bridge is active in the community folder. 

When I restarted the sim without fsuipc all was working normally. 

I'll take a look tomorrow, but please check your ini. The last one you posted has this:

[Keys]
1=80,8,65561,0     -{P: Press=PAUSE_TOGGLE }-
5=79,8,L1:R,0     -{O: Press=Lua SetPauseMSFS&P3D }-
!1=Profile.CRJ]
1=CRJ

[Profile.CRJ]
1=CRJ

Delete that bit in bold, and change to:

[Profile.CRJ]
1=CRJ