The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG NGXu Offset for EEC 1 and 2 Button "ON" Light

Hi,

I have recently bought an Engine Control panel (I have attached the spec sheet from the shop fyi), which has 2 toggle buttons and 2 lights per button for the ON and ALTN position of the EEC button.

I'm using mobiflight to get it working with my PMDG 737 NGXu under P3D.
The button inputs are working fine with the event EVT_OH_EEC_L_SWITCH 69900 and EVT_OH_EEC_R_SWITCH  69903.

However the lights are not working correctly. The NGXu switch has 3 positions: ON, OFF and ALTN. 

6430 2 BYTE x 2 ENG_EECSwitch[2] Boolean
6436 2 BYTE x 2 ENG_annunALTN[2] Boolean

The red Altn light comes on correctly when it has the according position in the NGXu.
The white ON button comes also on correct when it is shown on the NGXu button.

But the OFF position is not working as desired on my hardware panel. For some reason the white ON light on my hardware panel still stays active when the NGXu switch is in the OFF position showing no light in the sim.

I use the LED Offsets 6430 and 6431 for the ON light. If I click the button to ON in the NGXu i see the FSUIPC value "1" for the light offset under mobiflight. And here comes the strange thing. If I click the button to OFF position in the NGXu I still have the value "1" under FSUIPC for this light offset? It only goes to FSUIPC value "0" when I set the button position to ALTN under NGXu. 

Is there any way to get a fsuipc "0" value for the OFF position of the switch?

Hopefully my explanation is clear. I have attached a picture showing the value 1 for ON and OFF position under P3D, which makes no sense to me.1832234660_EECButtons.thumb.jpg.16a30409d89c6ae5766314e6d30ddcfb.jpg

Thank you!

Best regards Andi

Boeing 737 ENGINE V1.pdf

19 hours ago, 737Andi said:

I use the LED Offsets 6430 and 6431 for the ON light. If I click the button to ON in the NGXu i see the FSUIPC value "1" for the light offset under mobiflight. And here comes the strange thing. If I click the button to OFF position in the NGXu I still have the value "1" under FSUIPC for this light offset? It only goes to FSUIPC value "0" when I set the button position to ALTN under NGXu. 

Is there any way to get a fsuipc "0" value for the OFF position of the switch?

FSUIPC populates these offsets with the data received from the PMDG SDK. If the value is not correct, you need to raise a support request with PMDG.
However, before you do this, best to verify what these offsets actually hold via FSUIPC (not MobiFlight). To do this, use the offset logging facility for offsets 6430 and 6431, both as U8, and check what is logged for the different button positions. Also maybe log offsets 6436  and 6437.

I just received an answer from PMDG:

"There is an issue with the current implementation of the EEC switch. The switch has only two positions ON and ALTN there is no OFF position.
The proper condition when the switch is latched is ON. This is known to the team and will be fixed for a future update.
Chris Makris
Customer & Product Support
PMDG Simulations, LLC
www.precisionmanuals.com"

Does anyone know a workaround for that until its fixed? Is there anyone else with a hardware Engine Control panel using the NGXu? 

13 hours ago, 737Andi said:

Is there no chance for a workaround? Is it an SDK problem then?

I don't think so if its a know issue with the switch. If there is a control (or controls) that is sent with a parameter that you can use to differentiate the OFF position, you could write a lua script to intercept this control (using event.control) and then maintain your own user offset with the correct value, and configure MobiFlight to use this offset instead. 

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the aircraft are powered, the ANLT would be lit up as soon as the switch is moved to OFF anyway....

I guess the best way to do is to use the realword switch that mechanically blocked out the (ON) mark when switch is pressed out....