The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Trial license - available here

John Dowson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

27 minutes ago, tommesd said:

thank you for updating the trial license. Is it possible to get a trial license for the program, that I need for connecting Pilot2ATC on the laptop and MS Flightsim 2020 on my Gaming PC?

Presume you mean WideFS7.
That product is still with Pete. I don't think he provides trial licenses for WideFS7, but I can ask him if its ok for me to generate one for you (assuming that a time-limited license is possible with WideFS7, not 100% sure on this).

You can actually now run FSUIPC7 in a client machine. This is experimental and undocumented, but allows a full copy of FSUIPC7 to be ran on the client machine. It is different to the WideFS solution in that it will maintain its own offset table, and doesn't communicate to FSUIPC7 on the FS machine. However, all offsets populated by the FS should be available and the same. I have been meaning to create a post on how to set this up and use FSUIPC7 on a client machine for a while but have not had time yet. I could do this soon (i.e. in the next few days) if you would like to try this.

Regards,

John

Hi John,

that would be very kind. My problem is that since I updated to Win 11 on my Gaming PC Pilot2ATC doesn´t communicate with the local SQL DB. I wrote with Dave about the problem and he sent me a link with a solution to use P2ATC on my Laptop with Win11 running. On the laptop I did a clean Win11 installation. A rollback to Win10 isn´t possible for me, so if I can run P2ATC on my network connected laptop with the same functions as on my MSFS PC I woul buy a license for the software that I need.

BRGDS

Tom

9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

... but allows a full copy of FSUIPC7 to be ran on the client machine. ...

John

Dear John, I am quite interested in this. If you can provide some basic instructions how to get this working, it will be very appreciated!

Best regards

Engin

11 hours ago, tommesd said:

if I can run P2ATC on my network connected laptop with the same functions as on my MSFS PC I would buy a license for the software that I need.

WideFS7 is what you need then. However, this should also work with FSUIPC7 running on the client machine, and would save you having to buy an additional license.
So try FSUIPC7 on the client machine first, otherwise I will look into providing you with a  trial license for WideFS7.

10 hours ago, EnginCZ said:

If you can provide some basic instructions how to get this working, it will be very appreciated!

Sure. I will create a separate topic for this later today or tomorrow.

John

1 hour ago, tommesd said:

Do I need both of them, I mean fsuipc and widefs7 on my network machine with pilot2atc? 

No, just one of them. You cannot run both at the same time (well, you can by changing the class name of the WideClient, but there should be no need to run both...).

I'm a bit busy at the moment but will post the details when I can....within the next few days, sorry but I can't do this any earlier.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for update

I tried using the trial license but when I install it is asking for registration info. I thought trial license would bypass registration step. Is this correct?  If I choose to skip registration, I get the limited function unregistered version of software.

B.

57 minutes ago, brooklynspo said:

I tried using the trial license but when I install it is asking for registration info. I thought trial license would bypass registration step. Is this correct?  If I choose to skip registration, I get the limited function unregistered version of software.

Please read the initial post on how to use this license:

Please note that time-limited license are not validated by the FSUIPC7 installer - just drop the FSUIPC7.key file into your FSUIPC7 installation folder and you are good to go.

John

Yes. Perhaps I was not clear. I followed the instructions - I did drop the key file into the FSUIPC7 folder and still only got the limited function version of FUIPC7 and also did get the registration screen which I was expecting to bypass as I have no registration info..

Thanks B

6 minutes ago, brooklynspo said:

I did drop the key file into the FSUIPC7 folder and still only got the limited function version of FUIPC7

Then either
 - you placed the key file in thr wrong folder
- the file does not have the correct name - it should be called FSUIPC7.key - check this as explorer sometimes hides extensions of known file types.

9 minutes ago, brooklynspo said:

and also did get the registration screen which I was expecting to bypass as I have no registration info..

If the key file is in the correct location, then you will see the registration details in the installer registration screen. But just skip - validation will not work.

However, the usual way is to install fsuipc7 and skip registration, then drop the key file into the installation folder. You cannot drop the key file into this folder before you have installed, unless you are re-installing....

It really isn't that complicated....