The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Trial license - available here

John Dowson

15 hours ago, John Dowson said:

For you, no! You asked for an update of the trial license on 31st May 2022, so you have been using the (trial) licensed version for over 6 months. I provide a trial license for users to see if FSUIPC7 is suitable for their needs. If you are still using FSUIPC7, you should buy a license, not continually use the trial license provided.

As people are now doing this, I will be leaving longer periods where a trial license isn't available, to prevent such practices.

John

I can't buy because our cards are not accepted for payment, and I used this license to not use a stolen product, I thought it was more fair to you. 
But since it's no longer possible - sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 6:52 PM, his512 said:

Hi, can i get one free trial to try to conect a MCP combo from vrinssight. thanks

Same here, just started with MSFS and MCP v1. Want to try with LINDA to see if any improvement using the VRInsight MCP.
I still have a lot to figure out so whenever the new license shows up ...

Cheers!

I'm away in 10 mins for the weekend - I will update the license on Monday morning...

50 minutes ago, SkyCamel said:

I still have a lot to figure out so whenever the new license shows up ...

Also see the section on handling VRInsight devices in FSUIPC in the Advanced User guide, and also the separate document on lua plug-ins for such devices. You may not need LINDA, but maybe easier if it has an existing profile you can use.

John

Hi John, am building 737 Sim in garage and will already use free FSUIPC7 for CPFlight MCP and EIFIS plug and play. As I build out, I will need to map buttons/leds etc so going to upgrade. I have a laptop for testing addons etc before ever loading on Sim. Will my licence allow me to use full version on both, or will I need to buy twice. Many thanks. Alistair

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

I'm away in 10 mins for the weekend - I will update the license on Monday morning...

Also see the section on handling VRInsight devices in FSUIPC in the Advanced User guide, and also the separate document on lua plug-ins for such devices. You may not need LINDA, but maybe easier if it has an existing profile you can use.

John

Yes I already start reading-up on that. I'm a registered user of FSUIPC4 but still than I feel it's all "above my pay grade"
And it doesn't look like MSFS (Steam) will make things any easier (compared to FSX)
Reason why I want to use LINDA 😉
Cheers,

Luc

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

The license has been updated, valid until 1st March 2023.

John

Thanks John. I used the weekend to go through the User guide and it slowly comes all back to me. I used it to set up FSX with FSUIPC4 but of course once everything is set you don't really go in this anymore 🙂 I'm sure I will be able to manage without LINDA.

Cheers,
Luc

1 minute ago, SkyCamel said:

Thanks John. I used the weekend to go through the User guide and it slowly comes all back to me. I used it to set up FSX with FSUIPC4 but of course once everything is set you don't really go in this anymore 🙂 I'm sure I will be able to manage without LINDA.

Ok - good luck!

Cheers,

John

• 3 weeks later...

it wont connect to self loading cargio i went to the website and clicked fsuipc7 and did intsall and at regtastion i put the trail key and stuff but it didt work so i pressed skip ive done this so many times nothing works i press install and then nothing happens

1 hour ago, augi332 said:

it wont connect to self loading cargio

FSUIPC7 only connects to MSFS. It is self-loading cargo that connects to FSUIPC7. And you (probably) don't need to use a registered version of FSUIPC7 to run 3rd-party clients, the free/unregistered version should be sufficient.

at regtastion i put the trail key and stuff but it didt work so i pressed skip

As it says in the first comment on this topic where you downloaded the FSUIPC7.key file:

Please note that time-limited license are not validated by the FSUIPC7 installer - just drop the FSUIPC7.key file into your FSUIPC7 installation folder and you are good to go.

i press install and then nothing happens

What do you mean by this? If you got to the license registration page, where you pressed Skip. then FSUIC7 is already installed.

If your issue is with self loading cargo, you need their support - I cannot and do not support 3rd-part programs, Otherwise, please clarify as to what your actual issue is - and please do not post again in this topic, as this is for requesting a trial license only.  Please check/search the forum for the same issue and use that (if the answer isn't given!) or create a new appropriately titled topic.

John

John

2 minutes ago, DonFraser said:

I see the trial licence is due to expire tomorrow. Is it possible to extend it again please.

I find it invaluable using your autosave.

This is  a trial license - this is to be used to trial the registered facilities before purchasing. It is not for continual use.
You have obviously tried this, and so you must decide whether to purchase or not, and not continually use the trial license. 

If everyone did this, I would have no sales and be out of business. And this is also why I leave a few days after the expiry of one license before I provide another.

John