The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick issue

Hi Pete,

Yesterday while I had installed registered FSUIPC6 v6.11, I noticed that some functions (switches) of Logitech Extreme 3D had been lost, namely the HAT switch.

The other controllers are CH products yoke & pedals. I checked the FSUIPC.ini file and noticed a warning below the [Joy names] section reading : 0. was 1, but was duplicated. And 1. was 0. but was duplicated.

Today, I installed the v6.12, there were no warnings in ini file, but still the Logitech hat doesn't work even if through the calibration interface it does respond when pressed.

Could you please have any helpful idea on this ?

Running win10 64, P3Dv5.2

FSUIPC6.log

2 hours ago, sotiris said:

Yesterday while I had installed registered FSUIPC6 v6.11, I noticed that some functions (switches) of Logitech Extreme 3D had been lost, namely the HAT switch.

The other controllers are CH products yoke & pedals. I checked the FSUIPC.ini file and noticed a warning below the [Joy names] section reading : 0. was 1, but was duplicated. And 1. was 0. but was duplicated.

Today, I installed the v6.12, there were no warnings in ini file, but still the Logitech hat doesn't work even if through the calibration interface it does respond when pressed.

Could you please have any helpful idea on this ?

There are no assignments at all in your INI file except for these two odd ones for axes to the same control:

0=0S,256,F,66818,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: STEERING_SET }-
1=1S,256,F,66818,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: STEERING_SET }-

So it looks like you aren't actually using FSUIPC for any switches at all, or any flight controls apart from the tiller.

Pete

54 minutes ago, sotiris said:

Sure John, here it is.

As Pete says, you don't have any assignments in FSUIPC apart from those 2 that Pete mentioned. You do have controllers activated in P3D, so are you sure your assignments aren't there (you should de-activate controllers in P3D if assigning in FSUIPC).

Could you possibly have installed 6.1.2 in a different location to 6.1.1? Of so, your original 6.1.1 ini should still be in the old folder. Ifthats the case, copy ot toyour new installation folder and try again (and post your new FSUIPC6.ini and updated FSUIPC67.log file if you have any issues).

John

31 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

As Pete says, you don't have any assignments in FSUIPC apart from those 2 that Pete mentioned. You do have controllers activated in P3D, so are you sure your assignments aren't there (you should de-activate controllers in P3D if assigning in FSUIPC).

That's true. I always used it for tiller, as I am not familiar with assigning controllers to FSUIPC, but it always worked. Do you that P3D caused the ID mess ?

Could you possibly have installed 6.1.2 in a different location to 6.1.1? Of so, your original 6.1.1 ini should still be in the old folder. Ifthats the case, copy ot toyour new installation folder and try again (and post your new FSUIPC6.ini and updated FSUIPC67.log file if you have any issues).

Unfortunately, the installer replaced v6.1.1 ini file. The problem is I can't fly without both hat switches.

4 minutes ago, sotiris said:

Unfortunately, the installer replaced v6.1.1 ini file.

This is not correct - the installer will never replace or remove your ini file - this would cause chaos/sever problems....! As I said, you either installed into a different folder, or you manually deleted your ini or your assignments. If you didn't manually remove or delete the ini, you must have installed in a different folder. Try searching your system (e.g. try with Everything or something similar) for your old/original FSUIPC6.ini file.

14 minutes ago, sotiris said:

Found it, used it, but nothing changed.

Not surprising as there is only one assignment in that ini file:
    0=1S,256,F,66818,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: STEERING_SET }-
You have nothing else assigned/

Have you tried actually assigning anything to your devices?

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Have you tried actually assigning anything to your devices?

Do you mean through FSUIPC ? Yes, a couple of times unsuccessfully.

Is there any tutorial of how to ?

Again, do you think P3D has caused the problem ? Anyhow, I checked within P3D menu and all controller assignments are in place.

Regards

9 hours ago, sotiris said:

Yes, a couple of times unsuccessfully.

Is there any tutorial of how to ?

It isn't easy to be unsuccessful! you should tell us how you managed that!

The User Guide contains all the help you should need, including pictures.

9 hours ago, sotiris said:

Again, do you think P3D has caused the problem ? Anyhow, I checked within P3D menu and all controller assignments are in place.

As you are not using FSUIPC, only P3D assignments, then anything not working must be due to bad assignments in P3D, or something wrong with your controls.

If you do one day start using FSUIPC then you should disable controllers in P3D or you are liable to get conflicts which will make you think you are 'unsuccessful'.

Pete

Pete,

I really appreciate your patience with my ignorance (incapability) to use FSUIPC for assignments and calibration, even though I 'd so much wish to.

In my 20-year flightsim occupation I have managed to cope with a multitude of problems successfully, but this time I tend to resign from trying - see attachments. It might be because of my advanced age (65). So, what I need is to get back to normality my three controllers. Please note I got a powerful new system a few weeks ago and I am still fighting to set it up properly, in order to - at last - fly again. However, the problem with the controllers ID doesn't let me to go on. Having a registered copy of your highly appreciated product for more than 15 years, I used it mainly for tiller and everything was going on perfectly. Until now that I have no idea what's happened. Note that before I disable controllers in P3Dv5.2 (to try FSUIPC assignments), all assignments therein were in place, none was missing. Until the Logitech hat was not working.

Nevertheless I gave it a try to use FSUIPC6 for assignment-calibration with poor results (unexpected behaviour of ailerons, elevator and no flaps-setting detents).

As you referred to User Guide, in my last installation of FSUIPC6.1.2, the guide was not included and I now try to use FSUIPC4 User Guide.

Anyway, I 'd be happy to make my three controllers with the tiller work again, to enjoy my new rig.

Again, please forgive my looong post.

Best regards,

Sotiris Stavrakis

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.log

Glad you got it working (even if that is using P3D assignments and not FSUIPC!). One thing:

31 minutes ago, sotiris said:

As you referred to User Guide, in my last installation of FSUIPC6.1.2, the guide was not included and I now try to use FSUIPC4 User Guide.

It is included, if you selected to install the documentation when you installed FSUIPC6. The FSUIPC6 documentation should be in a sub-folder of your Windows Documents folder, called FSUIPC6. If they are not there, you should check your InstallFSUIPC6.log file to see if they were installed and where.

John

1 hour ago, sotiris said:

In my 20-year flightsim occupation I have managed to cope with a multitude of problems successfully, but this time I tend to resign from trying - see attachments. It might be because of my advanced age (65).

I don't call that advanced!  I'm 78 next month!

Pete