The simFlight Network Forums

My Throttle X55 is no longer detected by FSUIPC 5.157 with P3D v4.5

Hello,

Strange situation for a couple of weeks now...

My X55 throttle was working correctly until 2 weeks back. Since:

• I need to reach half of the power to see the engine 1 throttle reacting when the throttle 2 correctly behaves (Alphajet twin engine)
  • The throttle is correctly detected in P3D and the calibration tool shows a proper motion of both levers 
  • The full controller X55 Throttle is not recognized in FSUIPC when the Stick controller is ! So I am unable to calibrate...
  • Last detail that may be helpful, The controller also cannot be calibrated in Windows (see attached photo) as the Test tab is not presenting the calibration as it does for the stick.

I suspect a corrupted file but I am unable to know which one. Can you help please?

Thanks

Bruno

tsNTLZqaYE.png

Your files show that you have registry issues, with duplicated joystick ids, resulting in both your stick and throttle being assigned the same id:

343    WARNING: Joystick ID 0 is duplicated in Registry
      343    WARNING: Joystick ID 1 is duplicated in Registry
      343 Device acquired for use:
      343    Joystick ID = 0 (Registry okay)
      343    0=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
      343    0.GUID={F866EB80-CAB4-11EA-8004-444553540000}
      343 Device acquired for use:
      343    Joystick ID = 0 (Registry okay)
      343    0=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
      343    0.GUID={F866EB80-CAB4-11EA-8004-444553540000}

Have you installed any saitek drivers or software? If so, best to remove those.

But you have very few assignments anyway. In fact, the only assignment you have in FSUIPC is for one button for Gear Down:
     1=P0,6,C66080,0     -{GEAR_DOWN}-
You have no other buttons or axes assigned. You have controllers turned on in P3D, so all your other assignments (including axes assignments) must be there.

If you want to assign in FSUIPC, you will need to clean your registry. To do this, disconnect your devices and then remove all registry entries for Vendor id 0738 and product id 2215. Take a backup of your registry before you do this. Then re-connect your devices and try again. You should also turn controllers off in P3D if assigning in FSUIPC.

If you need help removing the registry entries, let me know.

Hi John,

First of all, thanks for your help...

I must admit that I am unable to retrieve the faulty entries in the registry, despite having searched on Internet...

I will be happy to have some tricks... Would CCleaner or Registry Cleaner be helpful?

Regards

First, if you have installed any Saitek/Logitec drivers or software, you must remove/uninstall those. As your stick is recognised as two devices, this makes me suspect that you either have the saitek drivers installed or some saitek/logitek software. This is how FSUIPC5 sees your devices:

187 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
      187    Manufacturer= Madcatz
      187    Serial Number= G0001739
      187    Vendor=0738, Product=2215 (Version 0.87)
      328    GUIDs returned for product: VID_0738&PID_2215:
      328       GUID= {F866EB80-CAB4-11EA-8004-444553540000}
      328       Details: Btns=17, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R4095,U0,V0,X65535,Y65535,Z0
      328       GUID= {F866EB80-CAB4-11EA-8003-444553540000}
      328       Details: Btns=0, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R0,U0,V0,X0,Y0,Z0
      328 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
      328    Manufacturer= Madcatz
      328    Serial Number= PP000503
      328    Vendor=0738, Product=A215 (Version 0.119)

Note the 2 GUIDs for the stick, but none for the throttle. I also gave the X55, and this is my equivalent log extract:

390 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
      390    Manufacturer= Madcatz
      390    Serial Number= G0001630
      390    Vendor=0738, Product=A215 (Version 0.119)
      406    GUIDs returned for product: VID_0738&PID_A215:
      406       GUID= {8B238AC0-45DE-11EA-800C-444553540000}
      406       Details: Btns=35, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R255,U255,V255,X1023,Y1023,Z255
      406 Product= Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
      422    Manufacturer= Madcatz
      422    Serial Number= G0003298
      422    Vendor=0738, Product=2215 (Version 0.87)
      422    GUIDs returned for product: VID_0738&PID_2215:
      422       GUID= {8B23B1D0-45DE-11EA-800E-444553540000}
      422       Details: Btns=0, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R0,U0,V0,X0,Y0,Z0

i.e. each has its own GUID, and the product id of the stick and throttle are different.

So, please remove any drivers or software that you have installed for the X55.

Then disconnect your devices and reboot.

Save the following text as a .reg file (e.g. removeX55.reg):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0738&PID_2215]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_2215]

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0738&PID_2215]

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_2215]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0738&PID_A215]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_A215]

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0738&PID_A215]

[-HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0738&PID_A215]

Take a backup of your registry (using regedit), then double click the .reg file created (with the above content) to run it. This should remove those entries. Then re-connect your devices and start P3D/FSUIPC5. Load an aircraft and see if both your controllers are recognised. If not, show me your updated FSUIPC5.log and FSUIPC5.ini files, as well as your FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv file.
John

22 hours ago, John Dowson said:

The script you attached is not the same as I pasted. It is missing the first line which is needed. Please try with that added.

John

OOPS, I thought it is the title... 😞

Done and now both are recognized in FSUIPC 5. Thanks for solving this issue.

But the other issue remains: the throttle reacts only at mid-course of the lever, and this for both levers. 

Please check my 2 videos. The first one is single engine (M2000C) and the second is a twin engine (DA42). I wish you may have a trick for that ?

Sorry again to bother...

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to specify that the control in assigned from FSUIPC to P3D and that the calibration in FSUIPC was showing a normal motion of the lever.

35 minutes ago, Braudoux said:

But the other issue remains: the throttle reacts only at mid-course of the lever, and this for both levers. 

But you have no throttle or indeed any axes assignments in FSUIPC. If you have disabled controllers and assigned and calibrated your throttle axis in FSUIPC, I need to see your updated FSUIPC5.ini file to advise, and also your FSUIPC5.log file.

37 minutes ago, Braudoux said:

Please check my 2 videos. The first one is single engine (M2000C) and the second is a twin engine (DA42). I wish you may have a trick for that ?

There is no point in me watching your videos. I need to see your assignments before anything else.

39 minutes ago, Braudoux said:

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to specify that the control in assigned from FSUIPC to P3D and that the calibration in FSUIPC was showing a normal motion of the lever.

Then show me your files!

I'd just like to make two points after looking at the files:

1. You only have the two throttles assigned in FSUIPC, but you've assigned to THROTTLEn_SET. Those are the controls which have the lower part of the lever movement operating reverse thrust. If you are using an aircraft which doesn't accept this then you would either see nothing in the aircraft, or only on the part of the lever movement set for forward thrust. Best to assign to AXIS_THROTTLE controls, and check "no reverse zone" in the calibration tab.

2. You have the controllers active in P3D. You need to decide whether to use FSUIPC for assignments or P3D. If using FSUIPC then disable the controllers in P3D, otherwise you'll get conflicts.

Pete

Was just replying when Pete has replied....

As well as what Pete says, , you should also remove the slopes. You can add these later, if needed, once the throttle is calibrated correctly. You can do this either in the UI, or by removing the SlopeThrottle1/2 ini parameters from your [JoystickCalibration] section (and then reload the file by using the 'Reload all assignments' button from the axes assignment panel.

Also make sure that the throttle axis is set-up and calibrated ok in the windows calibration before anything else.

And as well as what Pete has said about using the AXIS_THROTTLE controls with NRZ checked, you should also try assigning 'Direct to FSUIPC Calibration' rather than 'Send to FS as normal axis' if calibrating in FSUIPC.  This generally works better for most aircraft, but if the a/c implements its own throttle calibration system (which can happen in more complex add-on aircraft), then you should use 'Send to FS as normal axis' as there can be timing issues with different values (calibrated and uncalibrated) going to the sim causing jittering on the axis.

John

4 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

1. You only have the two throttles assigned in FSUIPC, but you've assigned to THROTTLEn_SET. Those are the controls which have the lower part of the lever movement operating reverse thrust. If you are using an aircraft which doesn't accept this then you would either see nothing in the aircraft, or only on the part of the lever movement set for forward thrust. Best to assign to AXIS_THROTTLE controls, and check "no reverse zone" in the calibration tab.

Hello Pete,

I have only the throttles assigned because I want to be sure all is OK to enhance assignment.

5 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

2. You have the controllers active in P3D. You need to decide whether to use FSUIPC for assignments or P3D. If using FSUIPC then disable the controllers in P3D, otherwise you'll get conflicts.

Nope, I have disabled the controls for the Throttles and kept the zoom and few other buttons assignments... Do you mean that I should remove any assignment from P3D? Before I could use the combination of both for the same controller and it was working...

7 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Also make sure that the throttle axis is set-up and calibrated ok in the windows calibration before anything else.

That is the proble I was relating at the begining of my post. The throttle cannot be calibrated in Windows. See my attached screenshot.

Issue W10 Saitek Throttle.png

3 minutes ago, Braudoux said:

Nope, I have disabled the controls for the Throttles and kept the zoom and few other buttons assignments... Do you mean that I should remove any assignment from P3D?

No - you have controllers enabled in P3D - from you log file:

328 Controllers are set to ON, using RawInput within P3D

You have removed the assignments, not disabled controllers. This may be ok, but the problem is that P3D will occasionaly re-recognise your controller and then re-assign if controllers aren't disabled. Due to this, we recommend disabling controllers completely in P3D if assigning in FSUIPC.

6 minutes ago, Braudoux said:

Before I could use the combination of both for the same controller and it was working...

Its ok if you want to do it this way, but just be aware the P3D can re-assign your throttle on occasion, and so if you start experiencing strange axis movements, then re-check your P3D assignments.

John

11 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

And as well as what Pete has said about using the AXIS_THROTTLE controls with NRZ checked, you should also try assigning 'Direct to FSUIPC Calibration' rather than 'Send to FS as normal axis' if calibrating in FSUIPC.  This generally works better for most aircraft, but if the a/c implements its own throttle calibration system (which can happen in more complex add-on aircraft), then you should use 'Send to FS as normal axis' as there can be timing issues with different values (calibrated and uncalibrated) going to the sim causing jittering on the axis.

I will do that tomorrow... and will get back to you again.

Thanks for your efforts to assist me.

2 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Did you try going to the settings page and calibrating?

In setting, the calibration button is greyed, cannot access... 😞

Sorry, I am in China and it is late for me now, will continue my tomorrow...

Thanks again for your help.

Bruno

Just now, Braudoux said:

I will do that tomorrow... and will get back to you again.

Ok. You can try but it may not be necessary, I've just checked in the windows Game Controllers to see what it says for my X55 throttle and stick, and I have something similar but the other way around - I see the test page for the throttle but not the stick, and the calibrate button is grayed out. However, as both my stick and throttle work as expected, this doesn't seem to be an issue. I think this is maybe just how the x55 works. The difference in our systems is that for me the stick has id 0 and the throttle 1, and yours is the other way around. I don't think this is an issue.

Just try Pete and my suggestions in FSUIPC.

2 minutes ago, Braudoux said:

Sorry, I am in China and it is late for me now, will continue my tomorrow...

Ok, no problem. Let us know how you get on.

John

Good morning,

Exited by your latest posts, I spent some time this "my morning" to apply your proposed solutions:

1. Disable the controller within P3D
  2. Sent direct to FSUIPC calibration
  3. Assign control to the controller
  4. Tick the box No Reverse Zone

All is perfectly working... 

Then I have assigned all commands to the different axis and buttons and all work perfectly...

I could not find the Course Bug command to assign to a button as per done for Heading. Even searching in the Advanced guide, mainly because I am not familiar with the naming. Will try to grab information in the web though forums. If necessary, i might open a new post to ask for assistance.

I think that we can consider that my problem is resolved and I want to thank you very much for your patience while helping me. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Bruno

FSUIPC5.log FSUIPC5.ini

UNFORTUNATELY, I am back to the starting point...

I just relaunched my sim for a flight but notice that my throttle does not react and my stick is moving the throttle on the Z axis.

I therefore checked my .ini file that still shows assignments but the .log file shows the same warning

391    WARNING: Joystick ID 1 is duplicated in Registry
      391    WARNING: Joystick ID 1 is duplicated in Registry
      391 Device acquired for use:
      391    Joystick ID = 0 (Registry okay)
      391    0=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Stick
      391    0.GUID={F866EB80-CAB4-11EA-8004-444553540000}
      391 Device acquired for use:
      391    Joystick ID = 0 (Registry okay)
      391    0=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
      391    0.GUID={F866EB80-CAB4-11EA-8004-444553540000}

have done nothing in between...

And I don't understand why the file that I sent you this morning is already corrupted because the same warning is there...

7 hours ago, Braudoux said:

And the latest ones are attached.

FSUIPC5.log

I don't know why it has done this again....are you unplugging your devices?
Try cleaning the registry again. Once done, and you have ran P3D/FSUIPC once to update your ini, close P3D and then change this line in your FSUIPC5.ini:
    AutoAssignLetters=No
to
    AutoAssignLetters=Yes

And the run P3D/FSUIPC again. Close down P3D/FSUIPC and show me your updated FSUIPC5.ini and FSUIPC5.log files (the devices may need switching after doing this).

I don't know why it has done this again. Are you sure you don't have the saitek/logitech drivers installed, or are running any saitek control software?