The simFlight Network Forums

CTD at touchdown

Filipe Spring

Since I purchased and installed FSUIPC for MSFS I often get CTD's right on touchdown. So far my sim has been extremely stable with no CTD issues at all. 

This is what it looks like:

So far it happened at 5 different airports in the last week, both default and addon scenery. It has also occured before latest Sim update. Any ideas on how to fix this? thanks in advance. 

44 minutes ago, Filipe Spring said:

Since I purchased and installed FSUIPC for MSFS I often get CTD's right on touchdown.

a CTD with FSUIPC7 or MSFS?
Please make sure that you are using the latest version of FSUIPC7, v7.2.10, and show me your FSUIPC7.log file after the crash. Also check the windows event viewer from crash/error reports.

John

Hi John,

Thank you for your quick response. It was the sim that CTD. The only link I have to FSUIPC is that this touchdown CTD crash thing started after I installed FSUIPC. I used the simmarket download FYI. I have updated to v7.2.10 (Was 7.2.9). I'll do some more test flights to try and retreive the FSUiPC log file. 

13 minutes ago, Filipe Spring said:

Thank you for your quick response. It was the sim that CTD. The only link I have to FSUIPC is that this touchdown CTD crash thing started after I installed FSUIPC. I used the simmarket download FYI. I have updated to v7.2.10 (Was 7.2.9). I'll do some more test flights to try and retreive the FSUiPC log file. 

Check the log file and you will most probably find that it is MSFS that is crashing an FSUIPC7 is exiting normally due to MSFS no longer being detected.
Also check the windows event viewer, and you will almost certainly see a crash event relating to MSFS.
If this is the case, there is nothing I can do about this and you need to check the Asobo forums and/or raise a CTD bug report with them, including any relevant information (event viewer report + any crash dump files).

John

So, it happened again, I did loads of test flights without the Pegasus client running, which is used for various VA´s. All of them where without issue. First flight for vEzy and...CTD on touchdown.

Windows event viewer:

Naam van toepassing met fout: FlightSimulator.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x00000000
Naam van module met fout: unknown, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x00000000
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0x00000268433252a0
Id van proces met fout: 0x2f24
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d7ad332db3b6d6
Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pad naar module met fout: unknown
Rapport-id: 5f7d5828-ce0c-4b53-81d8-8c4ee4b341c9
Volledige pakketnaam met fout: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.19.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: App

FSUIPC log attached. Probably a Pegasus issue but just amazed how an external tool can trigger the sim to CTD. So just to let you know all flights without the pegasus client but with FSUIPC where succesful, no issues at all. 🙂

FSUIPC7.log

26 minutes ago, Filipe Spring said:

FSUIPC log attached. Probably a Pegasus issue but just amazed how an external tool can trigger the sim to CTD. So just to let you know all flights without the pegasus client but with FSUIPC where succesful, no issues at all. 🙂

Well, an external tool (exe not dll) should not be able to cause a CTD in MSFS, and if it does then there is certainly an issue with SimConnect (server side).
Your log shows that SimConnect failed and MSFS CTD'ed after over 3 hours. There is a known issue with SimConnect in that it fails to respond when the maximum number of connections has been reached, but this doesn't usually cause a CTD in MSFS. You could try logging SimConnect to see if the connection limit has been reached (details in the FAQ section I believe), or maybe just increase the maxClients parameter in your SimConnect.cfg to 128 and test with that. It may not help, but it a simple change to make so you may as well try it.

You should also raise a CTD bug report with Asobo, giving the windows event details + a crash dump, if there is one available.

7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You could try logging SimConnect to see if the connection limit has been reached (details in the FAQ section I believe), or maybe just increase the maxClients parameter in your SimConnect.cfg to 128 and test with that. It may not help, but it a simple change to make so you may as well try it.

Thanks for your reply. I created the log file. 

I have attached my simconnect.xml. Do I change all of the maxclients to 128? 

Thanks

SimConnect.xml

11 hours ago, Filipe Spring said:

Thanks for your reply. I created the log file. 

If, When you get the CTD, check the log file and count the number of connections obtained (lines containing 'Open: Version=' and see if it reaches 64.

11 hours ago, Filipe Spring said:

I have attached my simconnect.xml. Do I change all of the maxclients to 128? 

May as well - it won't do any harm.

6 minutes ago, Filipe Spring said:

So... CTD happened again. No SimConnect%01u.Log has been created unfortunately. The .ini file doesn't seem to create anything..

You have the log going to:

C:\Users\filip\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

which may not be the best choice. Better to direct it to a moreeasily accessible folder, like the one you installed FSUIPC7 to?

The FSUIPC log shows a session terminated normally when MSFS stopped running. This was after 2 hours 23 minutes of successful running. There's no indication of any problems at all during that time.

It looks more and more like a problem you need to report to MS/Asobo -- but a proper SimConnect log might help -- though for that length of time the log would be ultra-huge, probably larger than any editor or viewer can cope with!

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

It looks more and more like a problem you need to report to MS/Asobo -- but a proper SimConnect log might help -- though for that length of time the log would be ultra-huge, probably larger than any editor or viewer can cope with!

Yes - the simconnect log was only to check if you were reaching the connection limit. From your symptoms, I doubt very much if this is the case, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just change the maxClient entries to 128 and leave it at that. If it still crashes (which it will most probably do)m then you need to report to Asobo, as I said:

On 9/19/2021 at 2:47 PM, John Dowson said:

You should also raise a CTD bug report with Asobo, giving the windows event details + a crash dump, if there is one available.

There is really nothing more I/we can do with this, but please report back if you find out what is causing your issue.

John