The simFlight Network Forums

saitek throttle calibration problem

Hello 

Please can somebody help me i have a problem trying to set up my saitek throttle quadrants within fsuipc 6.1.5 , on prepar 3dv5 , with a pmdg 777 aircraft , i have never had this problem before and i have had all registered versions of fsuipc since prepar 3dv3.

The problem i have is that i axis assign my left and right throttle to throttle 1 and throttle 2  (to send direct to fsuipc calibration) with no problem at all they behave as they should in the sim , i then go to joystick calibration page 3 separate throttles per engine , as soon as i select set for throttles 1 and 2 they become unresponsive it seems that the reverse thruster levers activate and the speed brake deploys so the throttle levers cant move, if i select reset then click on exclude THROTTLEn_SET  everything reverts to how it was obviously due to no axis has been set now, not sure what to do know i have deleted profiles and ini files and joystick scans all to no avail.

Also im just putting this out there but has anybody been able to calibrate the thrustlevers on a saitek yoke throttle quadrant and a separate throttle quadrant, so that when you are moving both levers together they give the same amount of power to both engines throttle 2 seems to give 10% more power then throttle 1 , i was hoping i might be able to fiddle around with the slope settings in fsuipc to counteract this problem but with the above problem it is not possible.

regards

richard sankey 

FSUIPC6before.ini FSUIPC6after.ini FSUIPC6before.log FSUIPC6.log

4 hours ago, Badger3009 said:

The problem i have is that i axis assign my left and right throttle to throttle 1 and throttle 2  (to send direct to fsuipc calibration) with no problem at all they behave as they should in the sim , i then go to joystick calibration page 3 separate throttles per engine , as soon as i select set for throttles 1 and 2 they become unresponsive it seems that the reverse thruster levers activate and the speed brake deploys so the throttle levers cant move, if i select reset then click on exclude THROTTLEn_SET  everything reverts to how it was obviously due to no axis has been set now, not sure what to do know i have deleted profiles and ini files and joystick scans all to no avail.

PMDG aircraft don't play well with FSUIPC's calibration facilities due to priority levels. Try assigning with 'Send to FS as normal axis' to the older AXIS THROTTLE n Set controls and don't calibrate in FSUIPC (i.e. remove/delete any throttle calibration already done).

4 hours ago, Badger3009 said:

Also im just putting this out there but has anybody been able to calibrate the thrustlevers on a saitek yoke throttle quadrant and a separate throttle quadrant, so that when you are moving both levers together they give the same amount of power to both engines throttle 2 seems to give 10% more power then throttle 1 , i was hoping i might be able to fiddle around with the slope settings in fsuipc to counteract this problem but with the above problem it is not possible.

You should sort out your initial problem first, and then see if this problem still persists. If so, try logging the axis values to see what values are being sent when each throttle lever is moved - if they are in the same position, they should be sending the same values. If not, maybe try calibrating in windows controllers.

John

On 9/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, Badger3009 said:

when you are moving both levers together they give the same amount of power to both engines throttle 2 seems to give 10% more power then throttle 1 , i was hoping i might be able to fiddle around with the slope settings in fsuipc to counteract this problem but with the above problem it is not possible.

It's quite unusual to find two different axes to give exactly the same values when seemingly exactly in the same position.  In fact it is often similar in the real aircraft unless it is fresh from the factory, as things wear out at different rates.

However, you can calibrate "sync" points in FSUIPC.  See the section entitled

CALIBRATING MULTIPLE THROTTLE, PROP & MIXTURE AXES TO "LINE UP"

on page 40 (or close) in the User Guide.

Pete