The simFlight Network Forums

Hello Pete. 

I’m using the jetmax throttle quadrant and P3Dv3.4 and I’m having an issue trying to get the spoilers to arm.   when I place the lever in the armed position, the spoilers raise up a little bit. I did create a null zone in fsuipc but it doesn’t seem to appear in the fsuipc.ini - see attachment. This happens when I have the Sim-Avionics software on and it also happens when I don’t have the software on. any ideas or thoughts ??  

Thx. Doug. 

7F0DDFA9-BA81-483D-B1E6-0D1376914D35.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One observation - in P3Dv3.4.22.19868  

When I’m in the joystick calibration screen - page 6, trying to set the spoilers, I notice when I place the lever in the “armed” detent, the out number goes from -16383 to -6768 instantly. Maybe that’s causing the slight lifting of the spoilers when they are “armed”. Also, when the lever is in the armed position, at touchdown, they will not deploy - This happens when I’m either using the Sim Avionics program Or when I’m just flying P3d without the sim Avionics program on.   Thx. Doug 

On 10/4/2021 at 5:36 PM, dajetking said:

when I place the lever in the armed position, the spoilers raise up a little bit. I did create a null zone in fsuipc but it doesn’t seem to appear in the fsuipc.ini - see attachment.

The armed position does raise the spoilers very slightly. This has always happened in all versions of FS.

A null zone isn't relevant here. The point it setting the Arm zone, which you have done:

Spoilers=-2988,-1156,-257,13184

When the axis value is between -1156 and -257, the output to the Sim should be the value corresponding to ARM (4800). Please check this by observing the IN and OUT values you see in the Calibration tab.

The log would be of some use if you first enable both even logging options.

Pete

21 minutes ago, dajetking said:

When I’m in the joystick calibration screen - page 6, trying to set the spoilers, I notice when I place the lever in the “armed” detent, the out number goes from -16383 to -6768 instantly.

The instant jump is correct as the Arm position is specific. Not sure that the value -6768 is right though, but it should certainly be near enough. On a scale from -16384 to +16383, the value -6768 corresponds to 4808 on the internal spoiler value (range 0 - 16383).

I need to see the log with those options enabled. Also please log the actual spoiler value. You do this in the Monitor facility on the right-hand side of the Logging tab:

Offset 0BD0
Type U16

and check "normal log" at the bottom.

21 minutes ago, dajetking said:

Also, when the lever is in the armed position, at touchdown, they will not deploy

What confirmation do you have when "armed"? there should be an indicator somewhere in the aircraft panels, depending what aircraft you use. For example, on a B737 it's an indicator on the pilot side of the MIP, above the displays.

Pete

Pete.  

The indication is on the upper Eicas of the 777. It say “speedbrakes armed”. 

Also, I’m not too sure how to provide the following??:

“I need to see the log with those options enabled. Also please log the actual spoiler value. You do this in the Monitor facility on the right-hand side of the Logging tab:

Offset 0BD0
Type U16

and check "normal log" at the bottom.”

thx. Doug 

7 hours ago, dajetking said:

Also, I’m not too sure how to provide the following??:

“I need to see the log with those options enabled. Also please log the actual spoiler value. You do this in the Monitor facility on the right-hand side of the Logging tab:

Offset 0BD0
Type U16

and check "normal log" at the bottom.”

What don't you understand? Just follow those instructions to monitor  offset 0BD0, then move your spoilers through its range, then exit FSUIPC and attach your FSUIPC4.log file.

John

23 minutes ago, dajetking said:

Attached is the requested log. 

Okay. This is where you should have seen the "Arm" indicator illuminate:

425773 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66382 (0x0001034e), Param= -6784 (0xffffe580) AXIS_SPOILER_SET
   425773 Monitor IPC:0BD0 (U16) = 4799
   425773 SimRead: 0BD0="SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION"
            FLT64: 0.292925654525
   425773 Monitor IPC:0BD0 (U16) = 4800

but then, less than a second later:

426553 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66382 (0x0001034e), Param= -4733 (0xffffed83) AXIS_SPOILER_SET

your axis input value has gone way past the ARM level.

Maybe your lever is a little coarse in its supplied values.   I suspect all you need is a much wider ARM zone set in calibration. Make sure it works to set the ARMed indication every time you attempt it -- do this with the aircraft off the ground or it will automatically deploy full landing spoiler.

Pete

Good evening 

I recalibrated but unfortunately the spoilers didn’t fully deploy on touchdown - didn’t move at all. They were slightly raised while in the armed position but at touchdown they never moved once the main gear touched. 

Also, I noticed on the upper eicas the speed brake armed message kept flashing on & off once every two seconds. It would come on for two seconds then off for two seconds.   Thoughts ?  

Doug 

6 hours ago, dajetking said:

I recalibrated but unfortunately the spoilers didn’t fully deploy on touchdown - didn’t move at all. They were slightly raised while in the armed position but at touchdown they never moved once the main gear touched. 

If it is armed when you landed, failure to deploy will be a problem with the aircraft model, not FSUIPC which has nothing more to do with it.

6 hours ago, dajetking said:

Also, I noticed on the upper eicas the speed brake armed message kept flashing on & off once every two seconds. It would come on for two seconds then off for two seconds.   Thoughts ?  

Sounds like you either have a severely jittery axis, or possibly conflicting assignments. Do not assign in both FSUIPC and the Sim.

Pete