The simFlight Network Forums

Future Compatibility?

Sky King

My apologies if this has been asked and answered before (I did a search and didn't find anything), will the  current add-on airports be compatible with the next version of Tower? I would like to buy some more while they are on sale, but will wait until the release of the new version if not.

Many thanks and have a great weekend!

1 hour ago, Sky King said:

I would like to buy some more while they are on sale

You missed the latest one, but should not be too long to the next one

I would highly doubt version compatibility
Live for today, not tomorrow
You could still be waiting for the next version of Tower this time next year (eek)

12 hours ago, Sky King said:

will the  current add-on airports be compatible with the next version of Tower? I would like to buy some more while they are on sale, but will wait until the release of the new version if not.

My take on this is that airports will most likely not be backward compatible and buyers of T!3D airports, will most likely not get automatic access to the T!S3 counterparts and will have to buy them over again.
You can read the following thread starting at the linked post:

I do not want to make a buy or wait recommendation.
The fact is that at this time it has not been announced if there will be any compatibility. It was also not confirmed if there will be airport add-ons for T!S3 at all, even if this is to be assumed. There is a possibility that there will be an editor where you can create your own airports.

The only thing we know for sure is that there is no definitive official statement on this topic.

11 hours ago, MJKERR said:

You could still be waiting for the next version of Tower this time next year (eek)

Personally, I would appreciate it, if FeelThere takes all the time necessary to bring a fully fleshed out Tower simulation game to the market.