The simFlight Network Forums

P3D 5.3 is out

• 3 weeks later...

I still have v4.5 installed and running, FSUIC6 installed, but just bought v5.3 and tried to install FSUIPC6 for P3D v5.3. It asks me if I wanna deinstall it. Now! I would love to have FSUIPC on both 3D Versions running.

Has anyone any idea how to get that done? I just have no clue at all.  please helpp, much apppreciated.

Cu, Torben

13 hours ago, torbenarne said:

Has anyone any idea how to get that done?

If you read the provided documentation, namely the Installing and Registering FSUIPC.pdf, this explains what your options are.
You can have one copy of FSUIPC6 installed for use with both P3D versions, or you can install separate copies of FSUIPC6, one for each P3D version.
To do the latter, you just run the installer twice, selection just one version if P3D on the initial screen each time.

13 hours ago, torbenarne said:

I still have v4.5 installed and running, FSUIC6 installed, but just bought v5.3 and tried to install FSUIPC6 for P3D v5.3. It asks me if I wanna deinstall it.

This is because you selected to install one copy of FSUIPC6 for use with both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5. It detcted that you already have it installed in P3Dv4, and so it first uninstalls that copy, and would then install again for use by both P3D versions.

All of this is explained in the provided documentation. Please read that.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Support is also now closed until 3rd January.