The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Acc on Win11. FSUIPC cannot find Simconnect

Pete, John,

Seasons Greetings. Hope everything is good.

I have a new Alienware  with Win11 Pro. I have FSX & Acceleration installed and running. When trying to install my FSUIPC4 I get the error as seen in the picture - fsuipc001.png.

Picture fsuipc002.png shows the simconnect versions that I have installed.

FSX is installed away from the OS on a different NVMe drive.

Am I missing something here? I have never before encountered problems when installing FSUIPC. I am running version 4.971

Hal

fsuipc001.png

fsuipc002.png

20 hours ago, HalCon said:

When trying to install my FSUIPC4 I get the error as seen in the picture - fsuipc001.png.

Please supply The Install Log itself, not a picture of part of it!

20 hours ago, HalCon said:

I am running version 4.971

That is out of date. 4.977 is current. Please update.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the updated version and will be installing very soon. I thought it best to hold off as I am planning to get a powered USB hub for the flight controllers.

I will advise when I update. I have my old log, scan and ini from the last install. I have the setting for using letters (or numbers) in the ini. After installing the hub and FSUIPC I know that the settings are very likely going to be off. Is the .ini something I can update myself, or is it best to have you do it from here?

Thanks Pete. Hope the Holidays have been good to you and the family.

Hal

On 12/29/2021 at 2:19 PM, HalCon said:

After installing the hub and FSUIPC I know that the settings are very likely going to be off. Is the .ini something I can update myself, or is it best to have you do it from here?

Neither your device's GUIDs or Joy Ids should change when using a new hub, so you should be fine. If using JoyLetters and your Joy Ids change, that shouldn't be an issue as the joy letters facility is designed to cope with this. If your GUIDs change then you may need to manually edit your ini. You can do this yourself or post here and we can take a look if that happens.

Best wishes for a the New Year.

John  

Hello again John and/or Pete,

Every thing above done as instructed. FSUIPC now installed and registered. I have attached the current Joy scan file, the current ini file and my previous ini from the failed computer.

I had a look at the .ini files with the thoughts of updating my self, but chickened out.

Below is the files attached:

R8FSUIPC.ini is the original .ini from the failed computer. This file contains the settings that I want to keep.

R13FSUIPC.ini is the file generated when I fired up FSX on the new computer. Nothing was set up in FSUIPC for this file.

R13FSUIPC.joyScan.cvs is the excel file generated on the new computer.

Thanks John/Pete, and I wish you both and your families the best in the New Year.

Hal

R8FSUIPC4.ini R13FSUIPC4.ini R13FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv