The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6.1.7

I have two things:

1. What must you do to update the .INI file when correcting manually in wordpad. Is it enough to save or do you have to restart P3D or complete restart of PC

2. I suddenly got problem with my Flap connection. When calibrating the numbers flicker. They also do that in device page so may be it is dome more.
May be the solution is to start from scratch again, but that I don't look forward to.

Any tips

HenningR

9 hours ago, hrings said:

. What must you do to update the .INI file when correcting manually in wordpad. Is it enough to save or do you have to restart P3D or complete restart of PC

Use Notepad, not Wordpad. The former is a simple text editor. Wordpad is a mini Word Processor and the format of the result may not work.

If you are editing anything other than assignments you need to close P3D first and load it afterwards. With assignments you can edit them whilst P3D is running, then just click the "Reload" button on the relevant assignments tabs.

9 hours ago, hrings said:

2. I suddenly got problem with my Flap connection. When calibrating the numbers flicker. They also do that in device page so may be it is dome more.

Which numbers? What "device page"?

It may be  due to double assignment -- e.g. in both FSUIPC and P3D. Or it may be a dirty or worn pot in the flaps lever and needing calibrating properly to reduce the side effects.

Pete

8 hours ago, hrings said:

1. What must you do to update the .INI file when correcting manually in wordpad. Is it enough to save or do you have to restart P3D or complete restart of PC

If you are updating the ini file when FSUIPC is running, you can reload any changes using the reload buttons in the various assignment panels (buttons, keys, axes) depending on which section you have changed. Changes to the [General] section may need a restart.

8 hours ago, hrings said:

Flicker how? Check that you don't also have assignments in the FS - best to switch controllers off in the FS if assigning in FSUIPC.
You can also try the 'Filter' checkbox in the calibration screens if it is a jittery axis.

I see Pete has also just replied much in the same vein...

Thanks for answer.
Flap handle was jittering and it might be FS assignments.
I have to clean the control section in FS almost every time I make a full restart of the PC because it is often reloaded some axes or buttons when I do that.
Do you have any tips how to avoid reloading when full restart is done

HenningR

2 hours ago, hrings said:

I have to clean the control section in FS almost every time I make a full restart of the PC because it is often reloaded some axes or buttons when I do that.
Do you have any tips how to avoid reloading when full restart is done

P3D and FSX have a tendency to assign your controllers automatically when they are detected as new controllers. This is why, if assigning in FSUIPC, we recommend to disable controllers completely in the FS (P3D / FSX / FSX-SE).

John