The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Set vs Axis Throttle Set

ark1320

17 hours ago, ark1320 said:

What is the difference between using Throttle Set vs Axis Throttle Set under the FSUIPC7 Axis Assignment Tab?

The ThrottleN_Set sequence of controls date back to FS98 or earlier, and provide a reverse thrust zone as well as forward thrust. That's what FSUIPC supports them and uses them for reverse/forward calibration.

The Axis ... Set controls are relatively new and provide no reverse zone. Some add-on aircraft work better with those than they do with the older ones.

Pete

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I make no apologies for bringing this thread back to life but it has given me the answer I've been looking for.

I have the JustFlight Hawk and like every other plane I have that requires it I have the left hand throttle assigned to Axis throttle. No problem. Until JF brought out V1.5.

The throttle refused to work. I bugged JF with it but they were nice but no answer (Works OK here) I had to resort to using MSFS controls (the ONLY assignment!) to get it to work.

Other planes took over, as they do and the Hawk was parked. Today I got it out again and the irritant raised it head again. I came here to ask for a clue but like a good boy I did a search and I spotted this thread.

That led me to try 'Throttle Set' IT WORKED! Just underneath it is Axis_throttle_set_Ext. THAT WORKED!

Anyway, thanks for the service. 😃

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2022 at 1:23 AM, Ron Attwood said:

That led me to try 'Throttle Set' IT WORKED! Just underneath it is Axis_throttle_set_Ext. THAT WORKED!

Ron,

would you mind confirming again which axis assignment setting you are using for the Hawk's throttle lever?
My problem is that Axis_throttle_set_ext does not work for me as I can't calibrate it using FSUIPC.

Did you just use the assignment without calibration or how did you manage to get this working?

14 hours ago, mburkhard said:

Did you just use the assignment without calibration or how did you manage to get this working?

The *_EXT (and *_EXT1) controls cannot be calibrated, but they can be scaled (and reversed). See the section Additional parameters to scale input axis values on page 41 of the Advanced User guide.