The simFlight Network Forums

DEVELOPER BLOG: HOW TO CUSTOMISE THE FLIGHT STRIPS (and runway configuration)

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

First of all sorry for the delay. We added unplanned functions and we got hit by Covid as well. Luckily all members who got it were vaccinated so the symptoms were mild. 

PLEASE DISREGARD THE OUTSIDE VIEW, IT'S OUR TESTING SCENERY WITHOUT WATER.

At this time I would like to talk about the screens. image_2022_01_27T12_35_31_011Z.thumb.png.873aecb9d8aa52d15abf1c3d7be9323a.png

We got many request about runway configuration, so the user can assign specific runways for example heavy jets. We went a little bit further. More..

• Like 1

Each airport will have a separate config file for the electronic strip so you can have custom strips for each airport. You can set the number of columns, functions, colors of the strip (even you can add an image as a background). You can configure the information on the strip for every block as well. 

image_2022_01_27T11_37_11_641Z.thumb.png.3e478450bc6fee9948c092aa06b38de0.png

More..

• Like 1

@FeelThere_Vic Thanks Vic. I definitely appreciate the customization features, very intriguing. Would I be correct in assuming these configuration files would be shareable? In a attempt to somewhat guess to what is going on, does the “editor” screenshot match up with the last strip screenshot you shared? Additionally, for a person who prefers multiplayer, is the vision for the strips to be at a facility level (which the screenshots imply) or at an individual controller or position level?

While I wait for your answers, I am going to look up the RGB values for hot pink. My strips are gonna rock!

• FeelThere_Vic changed the title to DEVELOPER BLOG: HOW TO CUSTOMISE THE FLIGHT STRIPS (and runway configuration)
19 hours ago, crbascott said:

@FeelThere_Vic Thanks Vic. I definitely appreciate the customization features, very intriguing. Would I be correct in assuming these configuration files would be shareable? In a attempt to somewhat guess to what is going on, does the “editor” screenshot match up with the last strip screenshot you shared? Additionally, for a person who prefers multiplayer, is the vision for the strips to be at a facility level (which the screenshots imply) or at an individual controller or position level?

While I wait for your answers, I am going to look up the RGB values for hot pink. My strips are gonna rock!

@crbascottThank you.
Yes, the files are csv files so you can drop them to any airport folders. Legally and technically too, they will be shareable.
You are right, as far as I remember the setting is a screenshot of that last strip's setup so you can see how it was done. 
We are not there yet to have a definite answer about multiplayer, but I would assume it would be on the individual level. It would be a logical way, but maybe it will cause some problem that I can't think of now, so it's not a promise. 
I believe the next blog will discuss the terminal and schedule config files so I hope that will make everyone happy 🙂 

Vic

16 hours ago, xendra said:

Can I to be only a ground controller on single player in the next release? or maybe tower only?

Thanks

Javier

SPAIN

Hi JAvier,

At this time we are discussing these displays and their custom configs. Please stay tuned (and sign up to our newsletter) for more information.
Folks, we are keep asking (especially European Folks) to sign up to our newsletter because of GDPR we can't get you any information without signing up even if you purchased something from us. For the rest of the world we can send out discounts (for example right now we are having a sale on the website), information about updates, but EU customers we can't without actually signing up. 

Thank you

Vic

• 1 month later...