The simFlight Network Forums

LVARs

kingm56

Apologize upfront is this has been posted elsewhere; however, I could not find a resolution in my search.  In short, are you tracking a problem with loading/reading LVARs when switching aircraft?  For example, if I switch between the FBW A320 and Aerosoft CRJ, some of the latters LVARS (e.g. altitude, landing elevation, heading values) won't load.  This problem is correctable by reinstalling FSUIPC 7; however, I'm wondering if it's possible for FSUIPC to flush the LVARs each time it's launched? Thank you in advance!

Matt 

9 hours ago, kingm56 said:

if I switch between the FBW A320 and Aerosoft CRJ, some of the latters LVARS (e.g. altitude, landing elevation, heading values) won't load.

This will most probably be due to timing. Try increasing the LvarScanDelay parameter in the FSUIPC_WASM.ini file - see the Advanced User guide for details.

This problem is correctable by reinstalling FSUIPC 7;

I really don't understand this...what has re-installing FSUIPC got to do with anything?

I'm wondering if it's possible for FSUIPC to flush the LVARs each time it's launched?

FSUIPC scans for lvars each time an aircraft is loaded (nothing happens on FSUIPC7 launch). When an aircraft has finished loading, the WASM waits for a number if seconds (defined by the LvarScanDelay parameter) and then checks for the existence of all lvars by requesting the name for each lvar given an id, starting at 0 and incrementing by 1 and terminating when a null lvar name is received. This is the standard way to determine what lvars are available for the loaded aircraft.

John

John,

I wanted to provide you with a little more clarity on I was referring to.  

1. MSFS launched with my last aircraft, the Aerosoft CRJ

2. I switched aircraft to the FBW A320 before starting my flight

3. In the attached text file, you'll note both the FBW and CRJ LVARs are still listed. 

This is causing some anomalies for the LVARs that share nomenclatures.  Also, is there a max number of LVARs that FSUIPC will load? I suspect there is as you'll note not all the FBW A320 LVARS were loaded.

MattLvars.txtLvars.txt

14 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I wanted to provide you with a little more clarity on I was referring to.  

1. MSFS launched with my last aircraft, the Aerosoft CRJ

2. I switched aircraft to the FBW A320 before starting my flight

3. In the attached text file, you'll note both the FBW and CRJ LVARs are still listed. 

Yes, this is a known issue with MSFA and has been present since launch. It is even worse that what you describe - If you load the Aerosoft CRJ directly without even loading the FBW A320, you will still see the FBW A320 lvars by just having that aircraft in your Community folder. This is why many folks clear there Community folder to just include the add0ins they are going to use for the current flight, and restart MSFS in between flights, changing the contents of the add-ons folder as needed. Many people use the MSFS add-on  manager to help with this.

14 hours ago, kingm56 said:

This is causing some anomalies for the LVARs that share nomenclatures.  Also, is there a max number of LVARs that FSUIPC will load? I suspect there is as you'll note not all the FBW A320 LVARS were loaded.

Current maximum is 2044 lvars. Your file only contains 1547 so you are no where near the maximum. If all lvars are not loaded, give it more time before the lvar scan is performed (see LvarScanDelay WASM ini parameter, as I gave already mentioned) or perform a WASM-> Reload.

3 hours ago, Scotfleiger said:

I can confirm @kingm56's report. The Lvars are not 'purged' when a new aircraft is selected. You end up with a mixture from both.

Yes, known issue since inception. Nothing to be done, except restart and start with a 'clean' Community folder if this bothers you. There is nothing I can do about this as far as I am aware. The FSUIPC WASM just iterates the known lvars for the currently loaded aircraft, and this is what is returned.

John

• Upvote 1