The simFlight Network Forums

Axis range setting

Hi all

I have a helicopter collective with twist throttle  which I am setting up to control fuel valve on and off and then control throttle

I have set up the fuel valve and assigned that to prop pitch , range 1, so twisting 1 way turns on fuel twisting other way shuts of fuel

When I set the collective throttle should I rescan an select prop pitch 1 or do I need to select prop pitch and select 2 range 

Cheers 

Rhys 

Sorry, but we are rather confused by your question. Don't you need three axis controls -- throttle, collective and cyclic? How are you proposing to use multiple separate controls on one axis? Shouldn't the fuel switch be just that, a fuel on/off switch?

Do we assume that the prop pitch control operates the collective on your helicopter?

Oh, and what do you mean by "collective throttle"? 

If you explain yourself in more detail (please assume we don't know much about helicopters) we'll get back to you either later tomorrow, or more likely on Monday.

Pete

Hi Pete 

Sorry for the confusion. I have cyclic and collective mapped. In FSX  the  throttle  controls the helicopter collective the twist grip controls RPM and in flight sim you  assigned this to prop pitch or prop pitch 1,2 etc 

The collective twist throttle has a position  which introduces fuel  which in this case is fuel valve on. in axis control I have assigned the Fuel valve to prop pitch   range 1 which works 

I now want to assign the rest of the movement in the twist throttle to control RPM. Do I rescan the axis and assign the rest of the twist movement to  prop pitch 1 or 2 etc  

Regards 

Rhys 

On 4/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, Reco said:

in axis control I have assigned the Fuel valve to prop pitch   range 1 which works 

I'm sorry, but this still doesn't make sense - you assign an axis to an axis control (left hand side of axis assignments box) and you can also assign to send non-axis controls when the axis goes in/out of a particular range using the right-hand side of the axis assignments dialog.

On 4/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, Reco said:

I now want to assign the rest of the movement in the twist throttle to control RPM. Do I rescan the axis and assign the rest of the twist movement to  prop pitch 1 or 2 etc  

You cannot assign part of an axis range to one control and another range to a different control via axis assignments. if that is what you want to do, you need to use a lua script.

What actual controls the RPM - is it the prop pitch 1/2 control or the throttle control? You can try logging axis events and see what controls logged when you adjust the RPM via the UI.

What helicopter are you using? I'm away from my sim rig at the moment but can take a look when I'm back later in the week. Maybe also attach you FSUIPC4.ini so I can see your actual assignments.

John