The simFlight Network Forums

Axis and button assignments with x52pro

Luigi Martinelli

Good morning,
I have recently purchased your product ver 7.3.2.
I wanted to understand what I'm doing wrong when programming my x52pro.

My system Win 11, MSFS 2020, x52pro.

I wanted to assign the Ap Heading Set to button 8 and ti axis V the Heading Bug inc (dec).
I set it as you can see in the attached figure, but it doesn't work. 

The same thing for button 31 (vertical speed) and relative axis.

Button 3 for window ATC but he doesn't work either. 

The figures are examples where I copied the settings.

Thanks in advance

X52pro settings FSUIPC7.png

Button ATC.png

Axis Heading bug.png

Button Ap Hdg hold.png

2 hours ago, Luigi Martinelli said:

I have recently purchased your product ver 7.3.2.

Latest version is v7.3.3. Please update.

I wanted to assign the Ap Heading Set to button 8 and ti axis V the Heading Bug inc (dec).

What aircraft are you using? MSFS aircraft, especially add-ons and more complex aircraft, do not use standard controls and you need to look into other methods of control, such as lvars, hvars, calculator code and presets (which also use calculator code). A could resource to check is the MobiFlight HubHop page: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/#/list.

Your assignments don't make sense. An axis needs to be assigned first to an axis control using the left hand side of the axis assignment panel. The right hand side of the axis assignment will only trigger a control when the axis moves in or out of the range specified. Inc/dec controls are for use on buttons (or a rotary control that fires one or two buttons in each direction) and shouldn't really be used for axis assignments.

At the moment you can't assign an axis directly to the heading axis controls Heading Bug Set or AP Panel Heading Set.  I could allow this (I will check this), but for now If you wand to use an axis to set the heading, you would need to send the axis value to an offset (most probably 0x07CC or 0x07CE). You (probably) would need to calibrate the axis value to the range accepted/used by the offset as well, using the facility Additional parameters to scale input axis values (see p41 of Advanced User guide).

I suggest you take a look at the documentation (user guide and advanced user guide) and maybe also search for similar posts in this forum. If you require further assistance, please state the aircraft (including any mod) that you are using. Also, please attach your FSUIPC7.ini file so that  I can see your assignments, rather than pictures.

John

The figures are examples where I copied the settings.

Ah. Sorry, missed this. I don't know where you got them from, but they certainly don't look correct. With MSFS2020, many settings are aircraft specific, don't blindly copy settings for other aircraft and Flight Simulator software....

John