The simFlight Network Forums

Fenix A320 vs PFC Avionics Help Needed

PSantos

Hi all, 
Sorry for the intrusion but I do need someone's help. I own a PFC Avionics Radio Shack that has been working with, both the XP and MSFS2020 simulators. Up until the Fenix launch I was able to get it to work with all my planes, I still can with the exception of the Fenix A320. I got FSUIPC reading all the buttons and rotary buttons, all of it, the problem been Fenix doe´s not recognize the PFC Avionics Radio Shack. Anyone has any idea how do I get Fenix to recognize my equipment.
Thank you all
Paul

Maybe if you give your post an appropriate title, including the words 'Fenix A320' and 'PFC Avionics Radio Shack' (sic. Stack?)' then other users who use this aircraft and use PFC hardware may be able to help. I doubt anybody will read your post (apart from me!) with a title like 'Some Help Required'. U cannot help you, not having this add-on aircraft or any PFC hardware. And as your equipment is working with all other aircraft, it must be specific to this add-on aircraft.

If you want help from people then you should always give your post a clear an appropriate title that could attract users that may be able to help...

John

• PSantos changed the title to Fenix A320 vs PFC Avionics Help Needed
44 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Maybe if you give your post an appropriate title, including the words 'Fenix A320' and 'PFC Avionics Radio Shack' (sic. Stack?)' then other users who use this aircraft and use PFC hardware may be able to help. I doubt anybody will read your post (apart from me!) with a title like 'Some Help Required'. U cannot help you, not having this add-on aircraft or any PFC hardware. And as your equipment is working with all other aircraft, it must be specific to this add-on aircraft.

If you want help from people then you should always give your post a clear an appropriate title that could attract users that may be able to help...

John

John

Don´t really know what would be of us if it wasn´t for your exceptional sense of help.
Thank you
PS: Tittle changed.

• Like 1

I think your problem is almost certainly related to the Fenix A320. A lot of people are having issues using FSUiPC to control the main flight axes (check this forum!), and they currently only seem to be able to assign via MSFS assignments. As MSFS doesn't support PFC hardware (as far as I am aware) then this is not an option for you.
Maybe also check the Fenix support forum (I assume there is one...!) for this...

John

• Like 1

John
Like I´ve mentioned on the first post, I can get it to work with every other plane within MSFS. I do realize that this one Fenix A320 might be different from anything we´ve seen before, but if it works with FBW A320 for exemple and all the planes for that matter, I think it should work with the Fenix, just saying. And yes, they do have a Discord group that is working or trying to work out all of the issues that the plane has, but been a 3rd party, FSUIPC is not on their priority list, yet.
Regards
Paul

On 5/27/2022 at 3:48 PM, PSantos said:

John
Like I´ve mentioned on the first post, I can get it to work with every other plane within MSFS. I do realize that this one Fenix A320 might be different from anything we´ve seen before, but if it works with FBW A320 for exemple and all the planes for that matter, I think it should work with the Fenix, just saying. And yes, they do have a Discord group that is working or trying to work out all of the issues that the plane has, but been a 3rd party, FSUIPC is not on their priority list, yet.
Regards
Paul

Guys....

What do I use on this line in order to power up my PFC Radio Shack?
Thank you
Paul

1.PNG

IMG_0411.jpg

8 minutes ago, PSantos said:

What do I use on this line in order to power up my PFC Radio Shack?

I really don't know - the MF discord channel is probably a better place to ask this...with the Fenix A320 being so new, there is still a lot of discovery doing on on how to control this aircraft. The hubhob community-driven preset list is the site to follow for this - you can add any presets discovered, and I always include the latest preset list (events.txt file) with each FSUIPC7 release.

John

23 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I really don't know - the MF discord channel is probably a better place to ask this...with the Fenix A320 being so new, there is still a lot of discovery doing on on how to control this aircraft. The hubhob community-driven preset list is the site to follow for this - you can add any presets discovered, and I always include the latest preset list (events.txt file) with each FSUIPC7 release.

John

So, I´ve got this response today in the mail, I wasn´t expecting this, but..!

Hi Paulo

I’ve been looking at 918409873. I believe I have come to a resolution for you. The resolution is outlined below.

You must use the in-sim control assignments to link to the plane. We do not allow FSUIPC inputs due to the way they interact and overwrite certain functions of the software.

If you’re happy with this, please let me know so we can resolve the issue for you. If not, please let me know how else we can help.

With kind regards,

Got me sad because I´ve spend €60+ and now own a plane that I can´t fly. 

Paul

1 hour ago, PSantos said:

So, I´ve got this response today in the mail, I wasn´t expecting this, but..!

Hi Paulo

I’ve been looking at 918409873. I believe I have come to a resolution for you. The resolution is outlined below.

You must use the in-sim control assignments to link to the plane. We do not allow FSUIPC inputs due to the way they interact and overwrite certain functions of the software.

If you’re happy with this, please let me know so we can resolve the issue for you. If not, please let me know how else we can help.

With kind regards,

Expand  

Got me sad because I´ve spend €60+ and now own a plane that I can´t fly. 

That is unfortunate...they should make it clear that the aircraft cannot be controlled externally from MSFS. Many home-cockpit builders will have the same issue.
Maybe try asking for a refund...

Thanks for the update.

John

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

That is unfortunate...they should make it clear that the aircraft cannot be controlled externally from MSFS. Many home-cockpit builders will have the same issue.
Maybe try asking for a refund...

Thanks for the update.

John

Roger that...

Very disappointed, still waiting for them to tell if I can ask for a refund.

Paul

Hey Paul,

so your Radio Shack uses FSUIPC to communicate with the Sim (in both directions)?

I've found it rather easy with the Fenix, compared to the messy FBW to make a StreamDeck/PilotsDeck Profile for that. Which is more or less your Use-Case: an external Hardware which interfaces with FSUIPC to read from/write to the Sim (and therefor the Plane). The only thing I'm missing now is to read out the Quartz-Displays - But for COM and XPDR you can use the default FSUIPC Offsets (SimConnect Vars).
Are you aware of these two KB-Articles?
https://kb.fenixsim.com/example-of-how-to-use-lvars
https://kb.fenixsim.com/useful-default-keybinds
Some Functions are available directly via Standard-Controls (directly selectable in FSUIPC GUI) and for nearly everything else there are Lvars which can be read from or written to.

For manipulating there are either FSUIPC Marcos (never used myself) or Lua-Scripts (called via LuaToggle / event.flag - the way I prefer). Here the Lua-Script I use for the Fenix: FNX320_AUTO.lua (the Functions could also be mapped via FSUIPC GUI as LuaToggle <scriptname> and as Parameter the event/flag number from the Script-File).
It doesn't have all Controls in it since my "Hardware" can directly manipulate Lua-Values (via FSUIPC) and so the Script-File only is needed for some which require more Logic/Automation. But that's basically how you manipulate Buttons in the Cockpit and can read their State/Position.

If you want we can look through an Example together?

Regards,
Daniel

• Like 2

On 5/31/2022 at 4:21 PM, Fragtality said:

Hi Daniel,

so your Radio Shack uses FSUIPC to communicate with the Sim (in both directions)?

Don´t know any other way. Need help on that department also.

Are you aware of these two KB-Articles?
https://kb.fenixsim.com/example-of-how-to-use-lvars
https://kb.fenixsim.com/useful-default-keybinds
Some Functions are available directly via Standard-Controls (directly selectable in FSUIPC GUI) and for nearly everything else there are Lvars which can be read from or written to.

No, but I´ll look into them.

If you want we can look through an Example together?

That would be great. (Discord? WhattsApp? Other?)

Thank you.
Paul

3 hours ago, PSantos said:

Don´t know any other way. Need help on that department also.

Uhoh okay ^^ But I can't teach you FSUIPC Basics and you have to know your Radio Shack is interfaced 😉

3 hours ago, PSantos said:

That would be great. (Discord? WhattsApp? Other?)

Discord - you got a PM 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.... more of the same, I´m afraid.

Just sharing some thoughts about the last conversation with Fenix about me getting help to bind 1 (ONE) button on my PFC Avionics Radio Stack.

So, I got this from them:

Hello Paulo

Could you please confirm the latest update has fixed the above issue?

If not, please let us know and we shall investigate.

Kind Regards,

Adam Hurford-Smith

Customer Service Representative

Support team

FenixSim.com

And as good client that I am, I took the time and explained it again:

Hi Adam

Unfortunately, no. I´m at the stage that, time is not enough to try and fine a solution much less fly the A320. I´ve use the plane only for programing purposes and never flew it yet, which is very sad.
I´ve got almost everything but the PFC Radio stack that I can´t for the Love of God turn ON.  
Although, if I use the same buttons that I´m trying to bind as Power On for the Avionics, on something else, like, turning on “landing Lights”, “Taxi Lights”, or anything else, they work perfectly. So, I´ve got the PFC Radio Stack talking to the Sim, therefore with the A320 and all of them working with the FSUIPC. All I need now is help getting a bind that can turn the PFC Avionics ON.

Thank you
Paulo   

And with no surprise, I got the answer:

Hi

Unfortunately I am unable to help as we are in discussion with our licencing partner regarding potential future support of home cockpit hardware. At this moment, this is not something we support. We must also state, that while we are in discussion with our licencing partner, this is in NO way a guarantee that support will be forthcoming.

Kind Regards,

Adam Hurford-Smith

Customer Service Representative

Support team

FenixSim.com

So, I´ve got myself a €60 plane that I´m unable to use because I can´t bind one single button to turn on my Avionics Stack, not only that, but the same people that made the plane are saying that not helping nor promising to help in the future, no future for FSUIPC with FENIX. Now, that is that sad or what?

Just a note, they follow this forum also, so....!

Stay safe my friends, and happy landins.
Paul´s out.

• Like 1

What if you use a Lua-Script which polls the Battery Lvars every 250-500ms (see event.timer) if they are turned on and then send a Command to your Shack? (However that is done with PFC - that has to be answered by their Support). 

But yeah, I just hit a similiar Wall to have my FCU back on the StreamDeck ... "licensing issues blabla".  😐
Which is probably true (but which they probably did not understand in my Case):
They did indeed license the ProSim-AR 320 Software on which they build up on (the Reason they can offer such a System-Complexity on a new Product). And this Software has indeed built-in Support to communicate with a range of Hardware-Manufacturers directly. So that is what they probably don't have licensed respectively have license issues with.
But I never asked them to Support the StreamDeck (or my Plugin directly), I just wanted to read the "raw" Data from the FCU (Values, Dashed, Dot ... doesn't even need to be via FSUIPC). So things they already present visually in the Cockpit and in case of the Dot more or less already as Lvar. It's very frustrating ... I got a working FCU (or MCP) on every on my other Planes, there was always a way.

As in this Case too ... I've "hacked" my way through and have my FCU at least basically working 😈
(Not as accurate, but working)

Hi Daniel

Thank you for coming back. 
My knowledge of Lua (or any other programming language for that matter) is absolute ZERO to get myself "hacked ou of this one, I´m afraid.
I´ve been trying MobiFlight, FSUIPC and even looked at other different ways but with no results. I know I´m taking the harder way, but I can´t find any solution, so.
I know I was told to look for help with Fenix Support, I did. I looked for support with the PFC People, I looked for support with the FSUIPC support, MobiFlight support, you name it, I did. The end result? I´ve been running in circules like crazy from one place to the other. The thing is, Fenix says it´s the PFC fault that they need to come up with something to make ir work. PFC says it´s the Plane´s fault, FSUIPC says it´s the plane´s fault, the plane´s says it´s FSUIPC´s fault.......  it´s a never ending road. At the end of the day, it´s everyone else´s fault and I´m still sitting and trying to do it myself, and if I do succeed, they´re all going to be happy with another satisfying client on theyre hands.
This sucks.  

Thank you all for listening
Paul´s out.

Oh man, very frustrating indeed 😞 

But to be completely honest with you: You're really taking a hard way - I would not get started with such a raw and complex Hardware Box, if I don't want or can't do the tinkering to get it work.

I'm too frustrated with Fenix that they can't provide the "Quartz Display Data", but they have very extensive API (you can even pull Circuit Breakers. And much "cleaner" compared to FBW and like "500% more" then FSLabs). FSUIPC is just the "middleware" here, it can only exchange the Data and Information both Parties allow.
In my opinion, PFC are the ones which really let you down! For a 4-digit-priced Hardware Product - being it used or new, someone payed that Money. I would expect a better Support (both in User-Support and pre-done Integrations with Planes) and more technical functionality to just some nice GUI-dropdown in FSUIPC and listening for the Standard "Master Avionics Switch" SimVar (my Guess). That approach reaches exactly then the Limit when you have an complex external simulated Aircraft (like in this Case with the Fenix).

Could you get the other Buttons to work? Is it just the turn-on Feature that is missing now? If so: ask PFC again what SimVar / Offset it is they are monitoring for that. I'll do the Script for you! 🙂 

And who is following this Forum? Fenix? PFC? If so:
@Fenix: give me more Data, that's a joke!
@PFC: you can do much better for that Price.

8 minutes ago, Fragtality said:

And who is following this Forum? Fenix? PFC? If so:

I doubt they are following this...just me I'm afraid...and, as you say, FSUIPC is just the middleware in this set-up, and I don't think there is anything I could do to help with this...

John

• Like 1

Daniel Thank you again...

Very much so the only one thing I need is to turn the Stack ON, everything else works fine, just need to bind one button/switch.
Yes I can ask them and will let you know, but with luck they will stop by and give us that information, they all have the link for this post.

Thank you for all the patience.
Paul

7 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I doubt they are following this...just me I'm afraid...and, as you say, FSUIPC is just the middleware in this set-up, and I don't think there is anything I could do to help with this...

John

John
I did provided the link to the post to all of them, Fenix and PFC. Now, are they following it? 😞

Thank you

Re-reading the support forum post (which I have just moved from the User Contributions sub-forum to the FSUIPC7 / MSFS support forum btw), I am slightly confused about your issue... You say your issue is with an assignment to 'power up my PFC Radio Shack'. But that is your hardware - you power that up by pressing the power button on the hardware itself, no? 

Assignments are for linking your hardware controls to a cockpit UI control. You ask what to assign to, so I presume the controls on your hardware are being recognised by FSUIPC, no? But what is the cockpit UI control that you are trying to assign to? You say you this is working for all planes apart from the Fenix A320, so what, for example, is the assignment you have for this in the Asobo or FBW A320? That may help me (and others) to understand your issue....

John

Hi John

40 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You say your issue is with an assignment to 'power up my PFC Radio Shack'. But that is your hardware - you power that up by pressing the power button on the hardware itself, no? 

On my post `ve explained that all I´m trying to get is my Avionics Radio Stack (there´s a picture of it on the post) to turn on. There´s no physical Power ON/OFF on the PFC box itself, it needs to be bind with FSUIPC for example.  What I do with EVERY other plane within MSFS2020 is tell FSUIPC to turn ON/OFF the Avionics Radio Stack with a assigned Button/Switch, either from the Stack itself or (in my case) I like to use my Ignition setup that has an Avionics switch for that.

43 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Assignments are for linking your hardware controls to a cockpit UI control. You ask what to assign to, so I presume the controls on your hardware are being recognised by FSUIPC, no?

Yes they are, and FSUIPC has been my companion for quite a few years now and I would like to stay that way.

45 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Bur what is the cockpit UI control that you are trying to assign to? You say you this is working for all planes apart from the Fenix A320, so what, for example, is the assignment you have for this in the Asobo or FBW A320? That may help others understand your issue.

AVIONICS_SET or AVIONCS1 ON/OFF there´s quite a few of them that work for every plane with on MSFS2020. FENIX does not recognize any of them. Tried a few dozen of them.

Don´t know if I´m not explaining this correctly, but the fact is..... I´m still not been able to turn my Avionics Stack ON.

Thank you John

Paul´s out.

Could you list the available lvars for the Fenix please: Add-ons->WASM->List Lvars and paste/attach here from the FSUIPC7.log or FSUIPC7 main window. Please wait for a minute or two after the aircraft is loaded before doing this.

Also, could you activate logging in FSUIPC7 for events and turn the avionics on in the cockpit UI and see what, if anything, is logged (in FSUIPC7.log), and also post that here.

Thanks,

John