The simFlight Network Forums

Fenix A320 vs PFC Avionics Help Needed

PSantos

Nothing in those logs - did you check the Display to - Normal log file checkbox in the offset monitoring panel? Forgot to mention that (thought this would be obvious...) - please do that and try again.

Also, PLEASE do NOT EVER use the Log->New Log menu option when generating log files for support, and always exit FSUIPC before attaching log files. I need to see one complete log file.

1 hour ago, PSantos said:

PS: Also, the "0x" disappears on the offsets log window.

Yes, sorry - you don't need to specify the Ox in that window, the values are assumed to be hex.

John

• Like 1

@PSantosYou are using an old version of FSUIPC7, 7.3.6 - the latest and only supported version is 7.3.11. Please update.

Also, I have said (and probably several times):

21 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Also, PLEASE do NOT EVER use the Log->New Log menu option when generating log files for support, and always exit FSUIPC before attaching log files. I need to see one complete log file.

Can you please do this when generating log files for support.

There is also no monitoring of the requested offsets in your log file extracts. Did you check the button Display to Normal log file? If not, please do that - you must select a destination for the offset logging otherwise nothing will be logged.

Do you see the PFC Control Connection Check dialog box? And do you have access to the PFC driver window?
If so, please activate logging in the PFC driver for Log all decoded received data (under the Test tab), and also attach your PFCcom64.log and PFCcom64.ini files. I would also like to see a PFCcom64.log file and FSUIPC7.log file generated when using another aircraft where the avionics panel turns on as expected - just start the sim and load the aircraft and when the avionics stack has turned on, exit FSUIPC7 and show me the same files for this test,

John

• Like 1

Also, the offset I would like to see logged (initially) is the following:
   3102 as U8 - ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY

Maybe @Fragtality can check this? The avionics won't turn on unless this is set. I presume 0x3364 is set (otherwise FSUIPC wouldn't be working), and Daniel has already told us that offset 0x3103 (AVIONICS MASTER SWITCH) is always 1. If the ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY simvar isn't being used, is there an lvar that can be used instead?  

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

Hi John

As much as I can, I´ve followed your instructions:

1.Yes I´m on the latest FSUIPC Version 7.13.11
2. I´ve never started as a New Log and I do exit FSUIPC before attaching any log files.
3. The Normal log file is checked

..... more to come...!

Logs.png

Log2.png

47 minutes ago, PSantos said:

2. I´ve never started as a New Log and I do exit FSUIPC before attaching any log files.

This is not true...the FSUIPC7.log file you posted was attached when FSUIPC7 was still running (there are no closing statements), and the FSUIPC7_prev.log is a continuation log:

FSUIPC7 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
  2016547 System time = 18/10/2022 15:55:14, Simulator time = 15:28:04 (15:28Z)
  2016547 FLT path = "C:\Users\Paulo\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\"
[Continuation log requested by user]
  2958375 Starting WAPI...

Also, please stop posting screenshots, they are of no use.

And for the PFCcom64.log, please only activate logging that I suggest - turn the other logging off. I don't need to see your PFChid64.log file either.

Can you try again, and this time just log offset 3102 as U8 (as I asked for in my last message), and show me one full FSUIPC7.log file, your PFCcom64.log file (with only logging for Log all decoded received data checked.

Thanks,

John

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Also, the offset I would like to see logged (initially) is the following:
   3102 as U8 - ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY

Maybe @Fragtality can check this? The avionics won't turn on unless this is set. I presume 0x3364 is set (otherwise FSUIPC wouldn't be working), and Daniel has already told us that offset 0x3103 (AVIONICS MASTER SWITCH) is always 1. If the ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY simvar isn't being used, is there an lvar that can be used instead?  

Thanks,

John

Made a quick Test for the FBW and Fenix, both starting Cold&Dark: Both start with 1 on that SimVar/Offset. Turning the Batteries on and off has no Influence - it just stays 1.

The best Option for the Fenix A320 for the Batteries are the Lvars for the Battery Switches:
S_OH_ELEC_BAT1 and S_OH_ELEC_BAT2 (1 => ON)

Regarding ready-to-fly / Offset 0x3364: yes, it is 0 on both Planes (sitting on the Ramp/Gate).

Ok, thanks, Then the batteries are always on - that should be ok...
I think the next step is to compare the PFCcom64.log files generated for the Fenix with one for another aircraft where the avionics are working. As well as logging for Log all decoded received data checked, can you also check Log COM data sent.

Comparing the two files should show any differences between the data being received and what is being sent to trigger the Avionics to come on.