The simFlight Network Forums

EDDS scenery on MSFS not loading properly

exergon

Hi @Stu Antonio& @exergon, I can't seem to replicate this with a clean install of MSFS and the latest version of EDDS. I do remember seeing this issue a long time ago when the Asobo EDDS was released. That version has a different elevation than ours so they will conflict with each other. Can you first please check if the Asobo version is installed alongside ours? If it is, remove it and restart the game. 
If it is not installed, then please try running the game with only our EDDS inside the community folder and see if the issue persists. 
I'm positive that this is Asobo EDDS though. The runway and taxiway texture do not look like this in our version. There is also a missing taxi sign in the bottom center, and the runway approach lights are standing on the runway and not flush like it is in ours.

Feelthere_EDDS.jpg

On 6/21/2022 at 9:25 PM, FeelThere Ariel said:

It needs to be removed from within the game menu, not from the file directory. Not all custom airports in that folder start with the name asobo.
The install instructions provided with EDDS say exactly what to do, unless you bought it on the marketplace.

How?! I looked into MSFS forums for that and they say it can't be done without some serious modding. Also they point to the developer to resolve this issue as a best bet.

2 hours ago, scoobflight said:

As stated before the instructions are in the download UNLESS you purchased through the MSFS marketplace.  Where did you purchase the scenery?

I did NOT install this using MSFS marketplace. I bought it from Orbx Central.

On 6/24/2022 at 2:16 PM, scoobflight said:

And there were no instructions provided Orbx?  Have you looked in the installer folder for a txt file?

Orbx has uninstall option in their GUI but uninstalling it will.. well.. uninstall the airport and that is not what I want, unless you are suggesting that I reinstall it which I have already tried and the problem does not go away.

3 hours ago, bobsingh1 said:

Orbx has uninstall option in their GUI

Two things -

From what you are saying no instructions from Orbx.

The _default_ airport needs to be removed as it is still 'existing' and interfering with the feelThere rendition.

On 6/26/2022 at 12:14 PM, scoobflight said:

Two things -

From what you are saying no instructions from Orbx.

The _default_ airport needs to be removed as it is still 'existing' and interfering with the feelThere rendition.

Don't disagree with you there. The only instructions from Orbx is to simply uninstall "their" airport and not the default built in airport. The problem that I am trying to get an answer to is how do I remove _default_ airport before installing this one?

Hi,

just search in the MSFS Official Folder instead of Community. The Package Name is "microsoft-airport-edds-stuttgart". After moving that folder outside of the Official Folder everything seems to work properly.

With ORBX Central installation no Manual or additional Instruction is provided, sadly.

Hope that helps

G

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MGFranke said:

Hi,

just search in the MSFS Official Folder instead of Community. The Package Name is "microsoft-airport-edds-stuttgart". After moving that folder outside of the Official Folder everything seems to work properly.

With ORBX Central installation no Manual or additional Instruction is provided, sadly.

Hope that helps

G

That is what I was looking for. In one of my previous posts, I am displaying asobo airports and trying to find it there. I didn't even know that there were microsoft airports too. Just thought it would be just be asobo.
Thanks!

Hi @bobsingh1, there is no requirement to find the airport in the file directory. It can easily be removed from within the game menu. 
From the home screen select Profile>Content Manager. Then search for the airport that you'd like to remove. You can also add available sceneries and cities from this menu. 

Step_1.jpg

Step_2.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...