The simFlight Network Forums

Issue MakeRwys

7 hours ago, bradimarte said:

until SU11 all was OK, but now I have found that when execute MakeRwys, in the Runways.xml file it is not saved City, Country and ICAOName fields (as image attached here)

Sounds like MS has messed up the language files providing this data.

Sorry, but I'm not able to maintain MakeRwys these days. I've offered the source to anyone (needs to know C/C++) who wishes to take it on, but I have fully retired from programming.

Pete

On 11/18/2022 at 1:54 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Sounds like MS has messed up the language files providing this data.

Sorry, but I'm not able to maintain MakeRwys these days. I've offered the source to anyone (needs to know C/C++) who wishes to take it on, but I have fully retired from programming.

Pete

Hi Pete,

As I've just retired, I'm looking to fill my time getting back to learning C/C++. I've been an avid Flightsimer and user of both "FSUIPC" and "MakeRwys" for many years and wondered if you would be prepared to share the "MakeRwys" code with me. I understand from a previous post of yours that this must only be kept as freeware.
I have the community version of Visual studio for Windows.
I totally understand if you would rather this only went to an experienced Dev.

kind regards

Brian

The MakeRunways source is (or should be) available for anyone to download and modify. It is available from a git repository at the following location:
    https://petedowson.visualstudio.com/MakeRunways/_git/MakeRunways

So, to install locally, start VS and then click Clone a repository and enter that repository location. Make sure that you have Git installed on your PC.
If you get any errors, let me know (I am not sure if Pete has actually made this a public repo yet...). I think you may also need to authenticate yourself with a Microsoft account first.

I am also not sure what version of VS this is built with... you should be able to use this in all/most versions of VS, but you may need to install some older/newer libraries, but VS should prompt you with this - I wouldn't recommend updating the platform toolset if prompted.

John

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

The MakeRunways source is (or should be) available for anyone to download and modify. It is available from a git repository at the following location:
    https://petedowson.visualstudio.com/MakeRunways/_git/MakeRunways

So, to install locally, start VS and then click Clone a repository and enter that repository location. Make sure that you have Git installed on your PC.
If you get any errors, let me know (I am not sure if Pete has actually made this a public repo yet...). I think you may also need to authenticate yourself with a Microsoft account first.

I am also not sure what version of VS this is built with... you should be able to use this in all/most versions of VS, but you may need to install some older/newer libraries, but VS should prompt you with this - I wouldn't recommend updating the platform toolset if prompted.

John

Many thanks John I'll take look into it later today.

1 minute ago, BrianT said:

Just checked John and while trying to clone the DB git is asking for a username for Pete's visualstudio.com so I guess it's not public as of yet

Did you also login with your Microsoft account?

I have just checked, and the repo is still private. If you let us know your microsoft user account name, @Pete Dowson can either add you to the project, or make the repo public (it is up to him!).

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Did you also login with your Microsoft account?

I have just checked, and the repo is still private. If you let us know your microsoft user account name, @Pete Dowson can either add you to the project, or make the repo public (it is up to him!).

John

I did yes, I've sent him a message with my UN, thanks for the advice

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I will now handle this...

I have managed to clone the project and build it. You need VS2017.
Tomorrow I will transfer it to my GitHub account and give you access there. I'll post the new URL when done.

John

thanks John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Hi @BrianT,

I am having some strange issues moving the project to GitHub. It may be easier if I just add you to the Azure project for the time being. Could you let me know your Microsoft user name and email and I will try and add you. Thanks,

John

I've sent you a DM John